• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

PODCAST Cruise

You really need to get your registration confirmed so that you can get your questions answered on the appropriate boards. You will not get the responses you need from this board.

I am going to move this to the Podcast board so you can get the answer to your question. But you will not be able to post to this thread again until you complete your registration.

Can anyone tell me what is special about a podcast cruise??

Where to start? Hmmm. First off this is a 4 day Bahamian Cruise on the Disney Wonder. What is cool is that it is with 700+ DIS'ers. The Podcast team of Pete, John, Walter, Kevin, Kathy, Corey, Teresa, and Max the Intern will be on the cruise as well. John has not divulged what special guests and events are scheduled at this time (it is still a little early for Disney), but Kevin and John have said they have some good stuff in the works and John does not disappoint!

Last year, we had the greatest time and made a ton of friends (and got engaged! :) ). There are also events (unofficial) scheduled for pre and post cruise.

A Disney cruise had little interest for me. I heard all about the first podcast cruise while listening to the DisUnplugged podcast. Still, I thought a cruise, a podcast cruise, was something for "other people". Special people? Not for me, any way.

The closer it got to cruise time, the more I heard about special things happening on the cruise that were for podcast cruisers only. Then, I really starting thinking that I wanted to go on the cruise! By the time it was two weeks before the cruise, I was getting price quotes and wondering if I could get off work. Alas, it was too late to make it happen. My personal life was not ready for a last minute trip.

Things that made me wish I was on the cruise... talk by Lee Cockerell, brunch at Palo, the promise of other special happenings, it generally sounded like lots of fun.

What I heard about when the cruise was over that made me wish I was on the cruise... free copy of Lee Cockerell's book, listening to a live taping of the podcast, free drinks at a party on Castaway Cay, really cool goody bags. These (I believe) were provided by Dreams Unlimited and the Podcast Team. These are things that you would not get on a regular Disney cruise.

Add to that the fun and frivolity provided by fellow cruisers... fish extender gifts, late night karaoke, Todd's tiara, developing friendships.

I was not on the first podcast cruise, yet it seems special enough that I signed up last May for podcast cruise 2.0! I have no idea what sort of "special happenings" are in store for us. But I trust they will be great!

Will you be joining us?

A Disney cruise had little interest for me. I heard all about the first podcast cruise while listening to the DisUnplugged podcast. Still, I thought a cruise, a podcast cruise, was something for "other people". Special people? Not for me, any way.

The closer it got to cruise time, the more I heard about special things happening on the cruise that were for podcast cruisers only. Then, I really starting thinking that I wanted to go on the cruise! By the time it was two weeks before the cruise, I was getting price quotes and wondering if I could get off work. Alas, it was too late to make it happen. My personal life was anot ready for a last minute trip.

Things that made me wish I was on the cruise... talk be Lee Cockerell, brunch at Palo, the promise of other special happenings, it generally sounded like lots of fun.

What I heard about when the cruise was over that made me wish I was on the cruise... free copy of Lee Cockerell's book, listening to a live taping of the podcast, free drinks at a party on Castaway Cay, really cool goody bags. These (I believe) were provided by Dreams Unlimited and the Podcast Team. These are things that you would not get on a regular podcast cruise.

Add to that the fun and frivolity provided by fellow cruisers... fish extender gifts, late night karaoke, Todd's tiara, developing friendships.

I was not on the first podcast cruise, yet it seems special enough that I signed up last May for podcast cruise 2.0! I have no idea what sort of "special happenings" are in store for us. But I trust they will be great!

Will you be joining us?

I couldn't have said it better...I wasn't on PCC 1.0, but I will be on PCC 2.0

The closer it got to cruise time, the more I heard about special things happening on the cruise that were for podcast cruisers only. Then, I really starting thinking that I wanted to go on the cruise! By the time it was two weeks before the cruise, I was getting price quotes and wondering if I could get off work. Alas, it was too late to make it happen. My personal life was not ready for a last minute trip.

Things that made me wish I was on the cruise... talk by Lee Cockerell, brunch at Palo, the promise of other special happenings, it generally sounded like lots of fun.

What I heard about when the cruise was over that made me wish I was on the cruise... free copy of Lee Cockerell's book, listening to a live taping of the podcast, free drinks at a party on Castaway Cay, really cool goody bags. These (I believe) were provided by Dreams Unlimited and the Podcast Team. These are things that you would not get on a regular Disney cruise.

Will you be joining us?

I agree. And wow, I made the highlight list!!! :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

The CruiseConnections Podcast is your weekly source for the latest information about cruise line ships, departures, destinations and itineraries. Official podcast of the Committed Conquest Crazies. For those who love to cruise and enjoy making friends doing it.

Can anyone tell me what is special about a podcast cruise??

Not to be rude and I really am not trying to be but if you don't know you haven't listened to the podcast long enough :cool1: :cool1:

Simple answer......THE PEOPLE who organize it and the PEOPLE who sail upon it!!

Not to be rude and I really am not trying to be but if you don't know you haven't listened to the podcast long enough :cool1: :cool1:

Simple answer......THE PEOPLE who organize it and the PEOPLE who sail upon it!!

Kelly is Special!!! :love:

Because I feel the Muppets can answer most anything better than I can, Gonzo sums it up nicely in "I'm Going to Go Back There Someday" from Muppets in Space:

Come and go with me, it's more fun to share,
We'll both be completely at home in midair.
We're flyin', not walkin', on featherless wings.
We can hold onto love like invisible strings.

There's not a word yet for old friends who've just met.
Part heaven, part space, or have I found my place?
You can just visit, but I plan to stay.
I'm going to go back there someday.
I'm going to go back there someday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter