PO-vs-CB

stephaniebatesjones

DIS VETERAN Remember, where ever you go there
Ok guys, I need help. Can anyone give me some good insight on staying at the Port Orleans (riverside) or the CB. I heard that the CB has rooms almost as large as the deluxe resorts. What other things does the CB have going for it. I've heard great things about the PORS as well. The only thing that makes me lean closer to the PORS is that my DH and DD(4 years old) love to fish and I thought that the fishing hole there might be an extra treat for them...(and of course I can go off and have my massage while they're off fishing). Anyone experienced the fishing hole? Is it worth giving up the larger room for the fishing hole? Which resort in general is better? Can't wait to hear your comments.

P.S. I love you guys. It's great to find people who love Disney as much as we do. All of our friends think we're weird.

Steph:earsgirl: :Pinkbounc

from PO Riverside. I have never stayed at CB so, while I can't give a comparison view, I can tell you that I loved PO. We didn't fish but stopped by to check it out on our way to the bus stop each morning -- it looked cute for the kids. You can fish right from the dock or go out in a boat. We stayed in the Alligator Bayou section. The only complaint I had (and a minor one, since we didn't have our kids with us) was that we were put in building 35. It was so far away from the main building and pool that my husband joked that we were really not in Orlando but Kissimmee. It wasn't bad for us, but if we did have our kids with us, it would have been a problem. I think the resort is beautifully themed and we loved Boatwright's and the food court. Our room was clean and in very good shape. All in all, we really enjoyed PO.:D

I love them both but CBR gets the edge from me.

When we were at POR, we stayed in the Acadian house (I dont' remember which building). It was a nice stroll to the food court and there was a bus stop right outside of our building. The pool was great but often crowded (we went in May). The food court was good. We didn't do the fishing hole either, not enough time.

We went to CBR in December (and are going back in June). We stayed in Barbados. It was a nice stroll to the food court. The food court gets VERY crowded but the food is very good. Prices are also pretty reasonable. I love the beaches and the hammocks. I didn't try the hammocks but they looked very comfy. I really felt more relaxed at this resort, I think because it's like a beach resort.

Hope this helps!

I have not stayed at the CBR but have stayed at PO-Rivierside. Depending on when you are going one of the first advantages will be that you can use facilities at the PO-FQ. This gives you another themed pool -- one that children the ages of yours will absolutely love. Both the the Riverside and FQ pools have slides. The one at PQ is a bit slower and shorter than the one at Riverside. In addition, you have several quiet pools at Riverside that you can use.

You will also have 2 playgrounds, if you have time. The one at Riverside is a little rustic while the one at FQ is a little more modern.

You can request certain buildings that will get you much closer to the food court / main bldg. and pool areas. If you like the Alligator Bayou area then bldg. 14, 15, and 18 are all nice. Bldg 14 is reserved for guests with disabilities and is hard to get into.

The other advantage of Riverside is that they now have the boats to Downtown Disney/Marketplace running from the resort. This is a nice change of pace and since they are open until at least 11pm it is something close that you can do after the parks close (in the slower season).

The food court at Riverside is also very nice. Numerous selections and lots of stuff for kids and adults as well.

We did the fishing hole last time. It is typically only open in the mornings. You can either use your own poles or rent theirs. The ones they rent you are like Huck Finn...old fashion. They give you worms with the poles and there is a T shape dock that you can fish off of. They have a snack shack there were you can buy drinks. Be warned that it is out in the sun and can get hot there. So depending on when you are going, be prepared. It is a nice thing for the kids and we used it twice while we were there. It slowed down the pace for us and then we were off to the pool.

We have stayed at both and I prefer CBR. The main difference is the theming. CBR is tropical and colorful, I really felt like I was on vacation. :) The renovated rooms seem just like new. They are large and nicely decorated.

We had some problems at POR. Our room had a terrible smoke odor. They came and "desmoked" but it didn't help. Also it was a long walk to the bus stop. Not to mention the wait seemed much longer than any other resort we've stayed at. The big bonus was the boat to DTD, which we used a lot, but that was about it.

I'm sure you'll enjoy either place. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter