PO French Quarter

kcwiak

Mouseketeer
Please forgive me if this is a repeat but I cannot search well from my phone.

Can anyone give me some info on POFQ? We are staying in Sept and this is first time there. We have 7 and 9 year olds.

Good place to stay? Opinions? ;)

Yes Port Orleans is a wonderful place to stay. It is pretty compact so it is easy to get around and no room is a long walk to the food court, pool, buses, etc.

We have stayed there when our son was seven. It is a great resort for adults with young children. He thought the slide was great, loved going down the slide over and over and over.

It's a nice and quick walk to POR and being a sister resort you can use its pool. Eat at the restaurants and enjoy the perks there. We did the horse drawn carriage ride and loved it.

And the boat ride to Down Town Disney is really nice option to have.

When you get back make sure to post how you liked it.

Here is a link to the POFQ resort thread. You will find just about all of the info you could possibly want there. And lots of friendly folk to answer any questions: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2924189

We just returned from a stay there and enjoyed the experience immensely. Can't think of a single valid criticism of the place, and that's a rarity for me!

Yes, start with the thread Minnie Mum linked to. Andre, who maintains that thread, also has a great website, portorleans.org, with tons of info, photos, etc. Those and the resort photos thread here all convinced me to stay at POFQ this year, and I loved it! It's very pretty and charming, and the compact size is a real plus. I will definitely be staying there again!

Check out Port Orleans.org has tons of info on both riverside and the French quarter. The guy who runs it keeps u well informed on up to date info on the resort,food,etc.

Thank you all for being so wonderful! I will check out the site and thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!