Po Fq Or Dolphin ? 12/27-12/30

sphillips

Earning My Ears
I want some input here, I am traveling with a 2 and 4 year old. We have been to wdw 3 times in the past 24 months. I have resers at both and the dolphin is a little cheaper. I am concerned about loosing the "disney touch" if we stay at the dolphin. On the other hand I think it may be a nicer resort with more stuff to do... HELP?

I think the Christmas decorations are much better than POFQ - and the fact that one is a deluxe (with 24 hr. food at Tubbis just an elevator away, better pools, boat transportation, etc.) and one is a mod...

If you can get the Dolphin cheaper than POFQ, I say GO FOR IT! :teeth:

If you click onto the holiday festivities link for the S/D you will see there are some pretty cute things for little ones to do....and the pool is great! The Boardwalk is also right there with a few things to do and the location of the Dolphin w/2 small kids is HUGE! I know at that age MK will be your main park, but the Santas at WS are supposed to be very cool, and since you have been often, sometimes it's o.k. for the adult to have a little "disneydistance" but don't take that wrongly, I just mean about the only difference we noticed was the employees did not include "disney day" in every sentence. My kids loved it there last Dec....and playing on the little beach area and renting a Swan paddleboat, and feeding ducks and swimming and if you are missing the WDW feel, just hit the gift shop...:teeth: There is a Character meal in the Swan at the Grill, and also at Cape May all you can walk to. Especially at a lower rate...no contest. Heck, my kids loved pretending we were riding TOT everytime we rode the elevator at the Dolphin!

Pam

The Dolphin is spectacular over the holidays. Check the swan/dolphin website for a listing of all the xmas activities. ::MickeyMo

There is no comparison between Dolphin and PO...stay at the Dolphin. You wouldn't have to ask me twice. Dolphin is a deluxe resort with wonderful ammenities (because it isn't disney). The restaurants are wonderful, Tubbi's is open 24/7, the food from there is like homemade. The heavenly beds, the wonderful bedding.

Apparently the holiday decorations are also wonderful..large tree, many holiday activities for kids, train around the tree. Check out swandolphin.com for all the info.

For me..the choice is easy. We were not at all impressed with PO..won't stay there again...as far as the Dolphin, we have stayed many times and will stay many times in the future.

Good luck!

ps...you definately won't be losing any disney magic..believe me. Probably gaining some, as the housekeeping staff is also much better at the Dolphin, so your room will be clean.

I heard that the swan is run by Westin and has heavenly beds and showers, and is "more upsale" then the dolphin which is run by Sheraton.

is this true? I switched my reservation to the Dolphin but now I hear conflicting stories. Does the Dolphin have heavenly beds and showers?

I appreciate any feedback.

Thanks

Heavenly beds yes, the showers I 'm not sure of other than they have the bow out curtain so you have extra room, oatmeal bath bars, It was fine. The Swan does have queen beds and the Dolphin has doubles, but I swear they are Delux doubles as DH is 6'3" and had no problems. You are also much closer to the pool and Tubbi's is in the Dolphin, where as you will need to take a short walk from the Swan for either. The Decorations are IMHO more grand at the Dolphin also. The Pointsettia Tree w/train is in the Dolphin and Santa is also at the Dolphin. I just like the Dolphin property better overall, but I have not stayed in a Swan room...anyone else?

I've stayed at both the Swan and the Dolphin, and the differences are minimal. The Dolphin has oversized double beds that are 1 inch smaller than a queen. The rooms are identical now that the Dolphin has been renovated. Actually the Dolphin has a bit more floor space. I like the lobby at the Dolphin much better, especially during the holidays. The Swan's lobby is just your basic hotel lobby, but it is easier to get around at the Swan because of the smaller size. You will love staying at the Dolphin (or Swan) during such a busy time of year. The location is the best. I also have a 4 year old and 2 year old and I love being able to go back and forth from the parks to our room so easily. If you do stay at the Dolphin, you might want to go to the Swan to catch the bus during the really busy times of day. The bus stops there first.

We're staying at the Dolphin 12/18-12/30 so if you choose it, we'll see you there!

We stayed at the Dolphin in March and we loved it and can't wait to go back for Christmas.

It's pretty magical, IMO, to have a view of the Boardwalk, Epcot, and the Illuminations fireworks from your Dolphin balcony! We didn't notice the loss of any magic at all. It was wonderful.

Enjoy your trip!

I know I made the right decision with the Dolphin vs POFQ! I cant wait to get there. If anyone else has more coments on the Dolphin I would love to hear them, I am doing as much research as possible! We have a standard room should we upgrade? are all the rooms the same size execpt for the suites? Is the only upgrade difference the view/balcony?
Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!