Plz. Give Shore Excur. Suggs for Magic with Kids

grlzmom

DIS Veteran
Hello and thanks for reading :)

First time cruisers on May 18th Magic and would LOVE some suggestions/ideas for shore excursions for our trip.

It will be me, dh, mil, fil, dd12, dd10, dd7, dd5 and dd11 months.

So, some of us can do excursions and some can stay on board with the littles.

Would love to hear some suggestions for best snorkeling excursion to do with two of the adults and dd12, dd10 and MAYBE dd7. All of them swim well and have snorkeled one to two times before in Hawaii. Would love some opinions because I am clueless.

Also, is it possible/reasonable to think about getting a cab at the islands and possibly spending a few hours at a beach with the little ones or do you all think this is just too much?

Also, any opinions on attempting shopping with the littles would be great.

As you can see I am totally clueless and would appreciate any/all feedback/suggestions you experienced cruisers would be willing to give.

Jeanne
counting down til May 18th :)

Unsure about the 11 month old, but we did a cruise when DS was 31/2. He did great. Just do things that are fairly close. On St. Marteen, downtown has some nice shops and a little beach area by some of the restaurants. We like to eat at a place called Everything's Cool. They serve burgers, chicken sandwiches, fries and tropical drinks. We eat lunch there then DS and I swim and play on the beach while DW shops. The Golden Eagle Catamaran is a nice excursion to snorkel and swim after the catamaran ride.
On St. Thomas, Megans (sp) Beach is a short taxi ride and nice for families.

We loved the St. John/Trunk Bay excursion. 11 traveling from ages 7-63. You take the ferry to the bus to the beach. You pick up your snorkeling stuff (if you want to use it) and you walk over the embankment to the most beautiful beach! If you've not snorkeled before, listen to 5-10 min. spiel. It's worth it if you've got no experience like me. It was beautiful and we had the best time. You're back to the ship in time to hit the lunch buffet and then you can go out and shop.

Kim ºOº

Unsure about the 11 month old, but we did a cruise when DS was 31/2. He did great. Just do things that are fairly close. On St. Marteen, downtown has some nice shops and a little beach area by some of the restaurants. We like to eat at a place called Everything's Cool. They serve burgers, chicken sandwiches, fries and tropical drinks. We eat lunch there then DS and I swim and play on the beach while DW shops. The Golden Eagle Catamaran is a nice excursion to snorkel and swim after the catamaran ride.
On St. Thomas, Megans (sp) Beach is a short taxi ride and nice for families.

In St Maarten I would do the Golden Eagle Catamaran. There were 38 of us from the boards and we had a blast. If your go in the morning you'll have time to go back to the ship for lunch and then some shopping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!