Pluto No Longer at CM Breakfast?

Ms_Butterfly

DIS Veteran
I was just re-looking at AllEars' Chef Mickey's Breakfast menu and it says the characters are Mickey, Goofy, Chip, and Dale. Is that true, that Pluto is no longer there for breakfast?

I'm going in February and wanted to see Pluto. (Mickey is a bonus, since he's THE mouse, but I really got my ADR there to get a photo with Pluto.)

I have never been to Cape May (I assume that is what you mean by CM). But, Pluto is at Chef Mickey (or at least was last Oct).

LOL, nope, I meant Chef Mickey's. :) "CM" does stand for several Disney things (Cast Member, Cape May, Chef Mickey's - any others?), but I did say "Chef Mickey's" in my post. ;)

AllEars' latest Chef Mickey's menu is from October and it lists the breakfast characters as Mickey, Goofy, Chip, and Dale. AllEars' dinner menu (didn't check the date on it) lists Pluto and other characters for dinner, but I have breakfast reserved.

I'm thinking I'll cancel it. $23 is a lot when I'm just going to eat a waffle and even though my time is for 10a, it still might be too early for me to eat and so I might get ill. Not worth it, IMO, especially if Pluto won't be there. Too bad, too, as I made the reservation right on my 180+10 day and was excited about it!

Guess I should have read better..... Hadn't gotten my full cup of coffee in this morning, and God knows I NEED my full cup of coffee :surfweb: before I should make contact with the public :rotfl:
I actually didn't realize the characters were different for bfast and dinner. We were at dinner last year and this year again will be at dinner. I would have too been disappointed that the characters I expected were not at bfast if we would have made it. Anyway, good luck. Maybe someone who has been there recently for bfast can confirm BEFORE you cancel that all so popular ADR. Good luck.

You could always try to call the restaurant directly. The phone numbers for all of the restaurants are in the cake thread. :goodvibes

Be sure to update us, I am curious as well.

I think that character list is out of date. It was Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald and Pluto the last I knew.

I am throughly confused as well. I was under the impression, that CM's had Minnie, Mickey, Pluto and Goofy. My girls will be so disappointed, if that is not the case. We have ADR's on Thanksgiving morning and I made these 6 months out. Where can one see Minne?

I think that character list is out of date. It was Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Donald and Pluto the last I knew.

That sounds like the characters I was told, when I made my ADR. Although the CM did tell me that typically only 4, out of the 5 would appear. :confused3

I was just re-looking at AllEars' Chef Mickey's Breakfast menu and it says the characters are Mickey, Goofy, Chip, and Dale. Is that true, that Pluto is no longer there for breakfast?

I'm going in February and wanted to see Pluto. (Mickey is a bonus, since he's THE mouse, but I really got my ADR there to get a photo with Pluto.)

Although I really like the site, sometimes allears has old info. Chip and Dale have not been at Chef Mickey's for long, long time! Last breakfast we went to there it was Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Donald. :)

Although I really like the site, sometimes allears has old info. Chip and Dale have not been at Chef Mickey's for long, long time! Last breakfast we went to there it was Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Donald. :)

I agree!

In August of 2007 it was Magical with Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto and Donald Duck. C&D used to be there, but my understanding is it has been years since they were there. We found very accessible in Fantasyland and MK in general.

This past August when my family and I were staying at the Contemporary and look down into Chef Mickey's, I am not sure if Pluto was there or maybe we just could not see him. Anyway next month when we are back there I will try to get a better look to see if he is still there.

Chef Mickey's has Goofy and everyone mets him and gets a pic when you arrive, then Mickey, Donald, Pluto and I don't remember Minnie being there but DH and DS say that she is there.

I was just there a couple of weeks ago and Pluto was DEFINITELY there. We had to tell him that our neighbor's dog sent his best. And poor Pluto scared the living bejesus out of my godchild. She screamed SO loud. Well, then and when Goofy came around ........

BTW: We were there for breakfast too. Minnie was there too.

I was there in Sept also and Puto was there for breakfast. Also there was Minnie, Goofy, and Mickey.

I did not see Chip and Dale at the breakfast.

AllEars' menu used to say it was Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, and Donald for breakfast. That is why I made my reservation. But their newly updated breakfast menu, with the date of October '08 on it, has the different characters listed.

Here's what it says:

Menu Date: October 2008
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Served Daily 7:00 Until 11:30 a.m.

Mickey, Goofy, Chip and Dale
[/FONT]
$22.99 for Adults, $12.99 for Children 3-9

Chip and Dale haven't been at CM in awhile. The characters there are Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, and Donald.

AllEars' menu used to say it was Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Pluto, and Donald for breakfast. That is why I made my reservation. But their newly updated breakfast menu, with the date of October '08 on it, has the different characters listed.

Here's what it says:

Menu Date: October 2008
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Served Daily 7:00 Until 11:30 a.m.

Mickey, Goofy, Chip and Dale
[/FONT]
$22.99 for Adults, $12.99 for Children 3-9

Nobody is doubting you on what allears says, so I hope you don't feel attacked in any way by what others are saying.

Allears, like any other online source, is a wonderful source of information. However, any online source is not 100% perfect all the time.

They have made mistakes in the past, and are only as good as the information that is sent to them by guests and the humans that volunteer to enter that information in the computer.

Last year allears made a mistake when entering the menu for Pinocchio's Village Haus - they failed to enter the children's menu as well as a few other staples from the Pinocchio Village Haus' menu. You should have seen the chaos that was caused on the boards because of that error. Mostly because allears is usually very accurate.

Lynn5700 just posted that she was there in October 2008 and confirmed that he was there. If I were you I would feel very safe keeping your reservation, between personal recent experience by another member and the general sentiment that allears can make mistakes occasionally.

However, if you still feel uncomfortable keeping the reservation, you can always call the restaurant directly to confirm. (As I mentioned earlier). Also, the Disney Dining (407-WDW-DINE) line usually has a list of the usual characters that appear at a meal - you could call them if you don't feel comfortable calling the restaurant directly.

We had dinner there OCt. 18 and breakfast on Oct. 25. PLUTO was there for BOTH--along with Mickey, Minnie, DOnald and Goofy. We eat there twice per trip since 2003. Haven't seen Chip and Dale there since at least 2006.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter