Pleasure Island

rene_b

Earning My Ears
Hi there!

What could somebody traveling alone do at Pleasure Island if he's not a dancer?

I mean for example BET Soundstage: is it just a club for dancing or can somebody enjoy sitting at a table, drinking something and listening to the music?

What about The Comedy Warehouse: I guess they have tables to sit and enjoy the show?

Any tips?
Thanks a lot,
Rene

Absolutely! I'm not a dancer & I love PI. Neither Comedy Warehouse or the Pleasure Island Jazz Company have dancing, and I think the Adventurer's club doesn't either. So you will fit in just fine!

I was at WDW by myself in early January (no snow there, tons here), and spent my first 2 nights ever at Pleasure Island. The first evening I strolled around a bit, then went into the Adventurer's Club fairly soon after opening. I had a great time, staying until about midnight. Two nights later I got there about 8 and stayed until the show began to wind down about 1 am.

The show is great fun, an interactive improv with set characters and basic skits, but different each night based on the audience contribution and interaction.

All the action takes place on the lower level. The main room, mask room, library, and trophy room all have seating where you can watch and participate in the show, and meet lots of people.

My only regret is I took so long to try it.

Enjoy

The Comedy Warehouse is always fun, especially if one of your suggestions is chosen. It helps to be a little loose and easy in a place like CW (alcohol can lubricate the process...I'm turning 21 next year myself so I can have my first legal drink. Here's to hoping they don't clash with my medications)...

Also, if you're not a dancer, don't sweat it. Not everything has to be Busby Berkley-lockstep-precision maneuvering...just let the rhythm hit you and then go with the flow.

Sincerely,

John "anotherboardnposter" Kilduff

By my count, I've entered the golden gates of PI over thirty times, and the closest I've come to dancing is standing in long lines for the rest room.

I mostly hang out at the "non dance clubs," as mentioned above, and I've never entered Manequins. However, I've been to several just to sit and listen to music, including 8 Trax, BET, and the Beach Club. The Beach Club has a wonderful area on the second floor where you can sit and sip overlooking the band and dance floor. Great place to bend an elbow.

Pat

Here's a link to general info about the Adventurers' Club:

http://wdwig.com/faq_adv.htm

I highly recommend this . . . . you can come and go as you wish but it's easily a full evening's entertainment. If you enjoy comedy, this is the place for you.

Kungaloosh!!

First of all thanks for all the info!
I think I will spend at least one night at Pleasure Island. I am still solo but I hope that will have some fun.

But I have just another question: what to wear for Pleasure Island? Sure thing it shouldn't be to formal but I can't imagine ppl running around in the Adventurers Club wearing shorts and a hawaii shirt or something like that....!?

All the best,
Rene

My husband and I don't like to dance but our favorite thing to do at Pleasure Island is people watch! We also like the Comedy Club and the Adventurer's Club. Enjoy!

Trust me - you'll see all kinds of dress at PI. You'll see typical "club clothes" but you'll definitely also see khaki shorts with the hawaiian shirts and everything in between. I once saw a woman, probably in her 40s, wearing leather trousers with a slit in the seat. :eek: I'm not certain whether the seam ripped or whether they were designed that way!!

As long as you're neat and not obscene, I'd say wear whatever is comfortable.

I can't imagine ppl running around in the Adventurers Club wearing shorts and a hawaii shirt or something like that....!?

Oh, but they do - all the time. And the performers loooove making fun of people's loud shirts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter