Please wish me luck

seobaina

DIS Veteran
Hey guys

Just got back from California on friday and I found out I've won the Cast Member district trivia challenge. That means tomorrow morning I drive to the managers conference to compete with other district winners for the UK title. Had about 2hrs to revise and kinda freaked. Please can you all send me good wishes and thoughts and maybe some pixie dust so that I can do well even if I don't win. Jet-lagged and don't wanna look like a complete dufus when I'm too tired to think! :-)

Thanks x :hug:

good luck from a fellow (just been hired 30 minutes ago) cast member!!

Just got home. Came second by just one point - which was totally my fault cause I changed an answer and should have stuck with my gut instinct! Oh well, maybe next year. Still proud of myself and had fun. Thank you SO much for the support guys.

Oh and Karen - welcome to the team fellow CM! xxx

Well done, that's a great achievement! Imagine what you can do when you're not jetlagged (I meant to say!!) :goodvibes

so what was the wierdest question you got asked then?

well done and bring on next year !!!! ps think you should have got extra points for turning up jet lagged ;)

Thanks guys, love the jetlag points suggestions LOL.

Humm, well this was the third round and in this case we had 40 questions. 25 in a room where they read the question, we had about 20secs to write down the answer, then they asked the next. I know some of those were really mixed. Some easy like 'when is walt's birthday' and some harder ones like 'what shape is the sultan's throne in aladdin' or 'when did the skeleton dance come out' or 'how many acres of Magic Kingdom are given over to gardens' etc. In the previous rounds we'd had things like 'how many pluto cartoons are there between 1935 and 1958'. Prob was with something like Disney they can ask you anything. It's everything from movie trivia to theme parks, to franchises, products, cast training etc. HUGE area.

The second lot of questions we had to do on stage in front of ALL the managers from across the country, etc. There were 15 plus 6 tiebreakers. I think nerves def play a part cause it's as quick as previous round and your brain goes blank. I'll see if I can remember some of the questions that weren't product based from that section:

1) What's the name of the villain that kidnaps Cody?
2) What's the name of the concept artist for this ride (showed a pic and it was It's a Small World)
3) What's the name of the company which owns and operates Disney Store in Japan
4) What's the name of the first disney comic book which began publication in 1932
5) What's the last thing into which Merlin turns himself and manages to win the duel
6) Which tool is not from Handy Manny - Pat, Dusty, Turner or Jack
7) Where in MK would you find Harper's Mill
8) What kind of instrument does the main character in this film play? (They showed a pic of Ratigan from Basil)
9) What are the names of the two new Disney Cruise ships
10) Name the three hyenas
11) How many million dollars did Bolt collect during it's opening weekend?
12) How many hidden mickeys are there in MK according to the HM field guide

Some you should know but your mind goes blank and you can't look anything up...it's all from the top of your head.

I remember a tie-breaker last year was something like 'take the number of countries represented in EPCOT, times it by the number of nephews Donald has and add it to the year of release for Peter Pan' LOL Another this year was 'name all of the nine old men'.

See, totally random cause there were also things like 'which quarter did this product appear in store' and 'how many batteries does so-and-so take' etc

Still, I'll study for next year :-) And it was fun. I think I did best in the evening bit on stage but made a couple of stupid mistakes in the afternoon. One question was a quote and I put Merlin then changed my mind cause it seemed to easy and it was merlin DOH!!!! :confused3

i only knew 2 out of those 12 questions!! you must know so much stuff!

I'm just a sad little disney brain ;-) But people on here could leave me standing. Fans often know more than us cast members.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!