"Please try to look normal" A Spring Break 2017 Trip *complete 7/21*

Oh, and I love the "please try to look normal" comment. That's totally something DH or I would say to our kids! LOL.

Great update! Le cellier got rid of my burger so I didn't make an ADR for our next trip. Your post reminded me of how much I love the cheese soup tho. I wonder if they have it at the QS outside.

As I read through your TR, this is all I can think of.

8VQiBqc.jpg

I was wondering about the alligators also. I love The Princess and the Frog. So want to see them.

I'm planning a Le Cellier meal also. Did it feel like too heavy of a meal for mid-day?

Absolutely love your pictures. Beautiful pictures of EP at night. You'll cherish those pictures with your dad forever.
We may or may not find them later in the trip :scratchin;) Yeah some of the pictures from years past are some of my favorite. I love looking at them and saying "oh yeah I remember that day" :cloud9: :hug:

Oh...I also love that you are posting your Fitbit step count. You are motivating me to get moving. :cool1:
I got my Dad hooked on his and we both average 18,000 a day so we knew that we had to hit 30,000 at least once during the trip. Thankfully it was early on when we weren't totally burned out yet :laughing:

I love Frushi and violet lemonade yummy. I didn't realized PP was in all the countries like that, great magic shots.

I love the Snow White one. We liked Frozen also, glad you were able to do it, twice at the same time is pretty unheard of so that was a plus.

You and your dad are getting a lot of steps in each day. Looks like a fun Epcot day!

Frushi and violet lemonade are on my 'no matter how full I am I will get them' list :laughing: I love how some of the photopass options are interactive, I know at one time my Dad pretended to attack me with the pick-ax but the photopass guy said no ha ha. Yeah we figured we have already committed that much time and effort to it might as well ride it twice :thumbsup2 We did have a fun EPCOT day :lovestruc

Wow, your Photopass skills are legendary!

I shall force DH to get a similar number taken when we go in November. Bwahahaha!!!
Thanks :laughing: I say I'm paying for it might as well get as much out of it as I can and they do make for some fun pictures. Thankfully my Dad plays along, he would even point them out to me sometimes too :)

Oh, and I love the "please try to look normal" comment. That's totally something DH or I would say to our kids! LOL.
I have even caught myself saying it to the kids in my classroom lately :laughing: for the first time in 7 years of teaching I actually had to say "please stop picking your friends nose" :laughing::scared1::rotfl:

Great update! Le cellier got rid of my burger so I didn't make an ADR for our next trip. Your post reminded me of how much I love the cheese soup tho. I wonder if they have it at the QS outside.

We always do it for a lunch meal because it can be heavy but we always spend the rest of the afternoon walking so I feel like that helps a bit too. But we're on the dining plan so I feel the dessert adds to the fullness too. But I have seen lots of people splitting a meal too :thumbsup2 It's just so yummy that we go back every year, we could try other places but maybe later :PI know they do have the filet and soup during Food and Wine but not during Flower and Garden

As I read through your TR, this is all I can think of.

8VQiBqc.jpg

:laughing::laughing::laughing: Yup that is for sure me. I really do have a plan to get them all one day ::yes:: I figure too if I take a couple hundred, I'm bound to look normal in at least one or two :thumbsup2

Where do you get that!!! It looks soon yummy!!!!
The violet lemonade... It's yummy :lovestruc Everytime we have gone during Flower and Garden it's a different shade of purple but tastes just the same :)

Hey everyone, sorry I've been MIA lately. It seems that every year at this time, school and life gets super busy. Then I got the stomach flu earlier this week then I had jury duty orientation yesterday... but here I am with the next day :) :woohoo: Which is a day that I haven't wanted to deal with in a while... :crazy2: :sad2:

Day 4 March 21 - EPCOT & Disney Springs

This day will forever be called poopy day in my book and here is where I’ll tell you why :scared: :sad:
But first before that part of the day lets rehash the non poopy part of the day.

The alarm goes off at around 5:30 ish and we were out the door around 7:15ish and at the bus stop a few minutes later.

The bus showed up a few minutes later and off we went.

We got through security and it was open this time :)

We were first in line again :thumbsup2

Which means we have a bunch of time to pass :)

Hello snapchat :laughing::rotfl:

We got through around 8:20ish again and back under old beauty we were for about 20 minutes

Our plan was to hit Test Track first so we pulled to the left

Our fastpasses for the day:
Mission Space 9:55-10:55
Soarin’ 11:15-12:15
Spaceship Earth 1:30-2:30

9:00 rolls around and off we all powerwalked. It was an 80/20 split for Frozen and Test Track.

We got to Test Track and it showed 20-minute wait but it was a straight walk on.

We designed this little pretty thing :drive:

We had a fastpass coming up but we still had 40 minutes and while we can sit and wait or just go now and go hit something else afterward.

We were the only ones too I guess ha ha

My Dad and I were the only ones on our mission too but we still survived :thumbsup2

We hit the gift shop too, my friend’s son loves space, I mean he’s obsessed. He’s 4 and can name every planet in order. So, I knew I had to get him something space themed. I texted her and asked her which one, I ended up getting him a space shirt. I shove it in my backpack and off we go to visit Figment.

I love that little purple dragon :lovestruc

We saw another photobooth and said why not… plus this one was not a bench that we had to shove 2 grownups in :rotfl:

It was around the time walking out that my phone rang but it was a facetime from my friend Audrea, I had just finished texting her about her son’s shirt so why would she be facetiming me? I answered but instead it was her 2 kids :rotfl:
I talked to them for a while, trying to show them Spaceship Earth and stuff around me but all her youngest could care about was whether or not I found my suitcase ha ha.

We facetimed for a while then off we went. I wanted to hit the Living Seas/Finding Nemo gift shop for my friend Patricia. She went to the doctor and apparently, the chemical for memory should be like 100 something and hers was a 12 ha ha. So, I call her Dory now ::yes::

But first photopass… at a place I haven’t seen one yet

I went in grabbed a little Dory and we decided, guess we can wander around the fish tanks for a while. We spent a few minutes in there, t
hen we made it to the exit. I got stopped for a research survey thing. I answered her questions and then she asked if I could go talk to her manager for a few minutes, being me and always up for something new, said yes.

So, I wandered to the back and went into a different room. I signed some legal forms and promised not to tell anyone about what we talked about so yeah there’s that :p Hoping that someday I could talk about what it was… well just earlier this week the official rumor of the Star Wars ‘Starship’ came out and that was what we talked about… thankfully I didn’t have to keep that a secret for so long :laughing::-)

Around the time, I was done it was 11:15ish and time for our Soarin’ fastpass. But we had a lunch reservation at Garden Grill at 12:15. So we waited until around 11:20 to head to our fastpass. So we planted ourselves at a table and waited.

We went and enjoyed Soarin’ one last time this trip :) I have some serious love for that ride now. While getting my bag out of the holder, my button went flying off. I heard it clank so I bent down to pick it up. Off to lunch we go...

Last edited:
Reactions: DLo
Now it was lunch time so we went to check in and were given a pager. We sat down and 1 minute later it buzzed. We checked in and were given a seat. Our server Steven showed up and took our drink order. Right as Mickey stopped at our table.

I gave my Dad my camera and he took my picture

Then I took his

We sat down and he looked at me and said, “hand me my phone” I looked at him and said I don’t have it. But I looked in my backpack and checked my pockets. Nope…

My Dad checked his pockets and checked the floor… Nope…

That moment hit… My Dad can’t find his phone. So he runs out to look for it, while I’m still sitting there just as the food starts to show up.

Some out of focus bread that I’m pretty sure I ate all of…

Our server comes back and asks if everything is all right. I explain to him that my Dad lost his phone he was clearly just as bummed as we both were. He told me that he will just wait until he comes back before he brings anymore food comes out.

Chip comes around and I ask him for a selfie

I thanked him and off he went. Pluto came by next and just patted me on the head and side hugged me then left.

My Dad comes by a few minutes later and said no luck. He went everywhere and asked everyone and no luck.

That’s when the phone call madness began. He called my Mom and said she needed to call sprint and get the service cut and phone marked as stolen/lost. Then she needed to go to Best Buy and buy a new phone. After that call, us back.

During the phone calls, Steven comes back with some food and he asks me if he had any luck, I told him no and he shook his head and said ‘that sucks’.

He put the food down and said that if we needed anything to let him know and that we can take as long as we need.

As I’m trying to eat I keep calling my Dad’s phone hoping that someone will pick up. 23 calls later and all of them ringing for a while then going to voice mail with still no answer. I called and it went straight to voicemail. Which means… someone denied the call or turned the phone off.

Steven our server came back and asked us if we had any luck and when we said no he said “I’m sorry” we said “yeah and were believers in karma” He laughed and said “I’m at work so I can’t say how I really feel”

We called my Mom around the time dessert came by and she was at Best Buy. She said she had the service cut off about 20 minutes ago, so maybe the phone was just off and lost somewhere not in someone’s pocket.

We said thanks to Steven and he reminded us to hit the lost and found and hope for good luck.

We hit up Lost and Found and no luck. We sat outside the entrance of Lost and Found waiting for my Mom to call and say she was at Best Buy. She texted around 1:15 saying she just got there. We thought about going to our Spaceship Earth fastpass but with our luck we’d be in the middle of it when my Mom called so we passed it up.

We waited and waited and waited some more. Around 2:00 we decided that we should at least walk around World Showcase and when she called we can just pullover and talk to her.

So, we wandered off figuring we would do one last lap then head out.

We stopped at the Refreshment Port for a croissant donut. I saw the CM tell the people in front of me sorry about something but who knows what. I hoped it wasn’t the croissant donut machine thing.

When we got closer, we realized it was the ice cream machine. That’s ok we didn’t want ice cream just one plain croissant donut please.

I told the CM at the window what I wanted and cashed out a snack credit. Another CM turned around with 2 croissant donuts in her hand. Before I could tell her that we only ordered one. She handed them both to me and said, “Here I hope your Father/Daughter trip goes great” I told her ‘thanks’ a million -times over, but really, I wanted to cry and tell her all about the lost cell phone today :sad:

We found a little table along the water edge and eat our croissant donuts. I was so grateful for her (Thanks Gema) she totally made that small moment in the day a bit better. I was almost in tears just because it was the little bit of a pick me up that I needed at that point to have some faith in people :lovestruc

We wandered around World Showcase to Japan… without taking 1 single picture…. That should tell you how the day was going and we made the trek in like 10 minutes.

We walked around Mitsukoshi for a few minutes.

I wanted some candy and my Dad wanted a ramune drink.

We grabbed some things but of course I missed half the things on my list, my mind wasn’t in the right place :sad2:

We got out when my Dad thought he should call paypal and freeze his account in case the person who took his phone finds his passwords.

I stood up next to the trashcan and people watched and photobomed some people pictures probably. Sorry.

We wandered towards America. I wanted an American Dream, yet something else that was on my list that I wanted. Plus, I wanted to have some sort of a happy moment from today.

We wandered towards Germany. I wanted some caramel popcorn :)

I was going to just get a small bag but the CM convinced me to get a large bag plus it didn’t take much convincing ha ha.

I threw that in my bag and off we went. I was going to stop in Mexico for my traditional margarita but again I just wasn’t in the mood. Ironically, I should have had a margarita maybe it would have put me in a better mood :drinking1

I did hit the little shop across the way and got a Flower and Garden shirt I wanted. We hit Mousegears once more, I had some more Flower and Garden merch I wanted to grab but none of what I wanted was there. I checked the merchandise app and of course it was all near the International Gateway and that was way on the other side and I didn’t feel like dragging my Dad all the way over there when we still had to hit Lost and Found one more time.

We hit Lost and Found and I sat down for a bit while my Dad was inside asking.

We stopped for one more photopass

It was that time that my Mom texted me to say she was at UPS to have my Dad’s phone sent to us. I had texted her the address but apparently, the computer couldn’t find it in the system. It took a while but eventually it did. I told my Dad to tell my Mom to make sure they added our room number and my name. With our luck, they wouldn’t put it on there and they wouldn’t sign for it and it would just be sitting there. My Mom said she would send me the track number for it so we could keep an eye on it. It was scheduled for delivery at 9:00am tomorrow.

I said bye to EPCOT for this trip and we were going to catch a bus to Disney Springs since it was close enough to 4. But it just happened that as soon as we walked up to the bus stop a French Quarter bus was there. So, we decided to just jump on it and unload our bags and I would pick up the stuff we picked up and had sent back from yesterday. I was still looking for my hoodie that I bought from Hollywood Studios on Sunday. They couldn’t find it anywhere… great. I took the one that they could find and we took it to our room and dropped it all off.

We were going to relax about 20 minutes before heading to Disney Springs. I took some time to relax and move some stuff around in my bag. We were getting ready to head out when my Dad picked up his sunglasses to put them on. That’s when he realized they were broken… whoomp whoomp just can’t catch a break huh. See when mine broke I don’t mind cheap $20 sunglasses. My Dad uses Oakley’s because the cheap ones tend to five him headaches sometimes. So, we looked all over the room for a mini little black piece and to no avail. We backtracked and even went into the giftshop again and still couldn’t find it. So, we looked at the giftshop and all they had were woman’s. Since we were heading to Disney Springs we could look at the sunglasses stores there.

We walked down to the boat dock and waited until a boat showed up about 15 minutes later.

It was such a beautiful little area.

We took a selfie but it wasn’t very pretty so

<insert picture here> ha ha

We made it to Disney Springs and thankfully the dock is right next to the part we’re used to. We talked about dinner, neither of us were hungry but we decided we could eat. Earl of Sandwich is our go to and why change it up? :)

This time we walked in and there was no line out the door and there were even seats available. My Dad found a table in the corner and I went to order. I forgot to ask him what chips he wanted and for a second I was going to text him… yeah no… can’t do that.

I find him at his table and he laughed because apparently, everyone just gave him a funny look when they walked in. So, I suggested we move somewhere else ha ha.

We found a new table and I went to fill up our cups. By the time, I got back the buzzer went off so back I went to get our sandwiches.

Why turn your back on an oldie but a goodie :)

It was so nice to not be rushed or for it not to be pouring down rain outside.

After dinner, we made a bathroom stop then the shopping begun. My Dad said that a little girl went in with her Dad into the men’s bathroom to change her pull up and she didn’t understand why she couldn’t go to the girl’s bathroom.

I stopped in the Co-Op first I had one thing on my list. I wanted the monorail toiletry bag. I bought it, it’s adorable, I love it.

It’s just sitting in my bathroom with nothing in it, but occasionally I’ll pick it up and make vroom vroom sounds ha ha.

We hit the World of Disney next. I had a $200 gift card burning a hole in my pocket.

Backstory, the middle of January, I’m watching tv and I realize I’m freezing cold. I check the thermostat and the temperature shows 67. Yikes! So, I turned the heat up and went to watch some more tv. A few hours later I realize it’s just as cold if not colder. I check the air and nope, it’s still freezing cold and my unit is pushing out cold air... That’s no good. Since that is what my Dad does for a living I called him and asked him what’s going on. We tried fixing it a bit the best we could but nope still cold air. I turned it off, grabbed every blanket I owned and went to sleep. I woke up the next day to a 50-degree house. I called my apartment and no emergency number nothing. Still freezing cold my friend invited me over to her house to watch playoff football and warm up a bit. But I did have to go home eventually so I stopped and got some firewood. The rest of the evening was spent with the fire going, a space heater, my oven on high, and a lot of blankets. The next morning it was Monday and off to work I went. As soon as the front office opened I called and told them it was an emergency and it needed to be fixed, the woman at the front desk said, “well honey did you call the emergency number” ugh yeah but it wasn’t working…

After work, I went home to a nice and toasty 78-degree house. Well I emailed the apartment manager and told them what happened and how unhappy I was and reminding them that I have lived there for over 5 years and may now be rethinking signing my lease again. They emailed back apologizing and saying sorry…

Then they emailed me a few days later saying hey your lease expired and if you sign again, we will give you a $200 gift card and of course I don’t plan on moving anywhere... so here I was in Disney with a nice little gift card to spend :)

I wandered around World of Disney grabbing things I needed, wanted or were going to buy for friends. But first I saw some new Alex and Ani bracelets. I grabbed my traditional ‘year’ one and then I had to decide which other one I wanted… that took a few minutes ha ha. I paid for my purchases and we decided to look at sunglasses since my Dad had lost a part of his :( He found a cheap pair and added them to his basket.

I gabbed some pens for the 3 awesome secretaries I work with and I found the purple tea cup coffee cup that I’ve had on my list for almost 2 years now.

In the end, I grabbed things on my list but I feel I didn’t grab a bunch of things like I usually do.

I went across to Basin and grabbed a few things, again didn’t buy as much as I feel I normally do.

We wandered over to the Lego store, because we missed it last year because the rain rolled in. We looked around took some pictures and left.

We were going to go to see the new part of Disney Spring (will always be DTD to me) but neither of us really felt like shopping… the stinkyness of the day was still hanging around.

So, I just grabbed some pictures and called it a night.

With one more stop at the pin store, not for pins but for lanyards for work. We walked back to the boat dock and waited. While we were waiting, we saw a bald eagle fly by. Oh, my gracious was it huge, but it was beautiful and cool to see.

We said goodbye to Disney Springs and were on our way back to our resort.

We made it back to the resort and we decided that if we were going to get beignets now was the time we were actually a little hungry ha ha.

We unloaded our bags and grabbed our mugs before heading to the food court. We refilled our mugs and ordered some beignets from a CM for interested in flirting with the group of girls in front of us then cooking ha ha. Eventually our food came and we grabbed some forks and back to our room we went.

I realized when I walked in that maybe I did buy a few things today ha ha.

We moved the table around and tried to make it easier to clean up, knowing how much of a mess they are.

Verdict, they were tasty but they remind me of sopapillas. Which are just as tasty.

I unpacked the stuff I bought, which just meant shoving it all in a different bag ha ha.

I used a face mask and tried to organize my stuff and figure out who I still needed to grab souvenirs for. I had been picking what we watch all week so far, which consisted of Stacey and local news but my Dad took the remote and turned it to the History Channel and Forged in Fire, a show I’ve never watched but my Dad has, so we watched it for a while. I washed the face mask off then took a shower.

I called my Mom and we talked for a bit, she reminded me that my Dad’s new cell phone should be here by 9 tomorrow morning. I said good night and we were out by 11. Why so early? We had a busy day at the Magic Kingdom tomorrow.

Things I marked off of my Disney list this day... :Pinkbounc
-Boat transportation to Disney Springs
-All the countries gift shops but China... I visited the tea shop but that's as close as I got on this trip

Last edited:

So sorry to hear about your Dads phone :-( I lost my phone near the beginning of our last trip - and it put such a downer on the day! Lots of things to cancel/passwords to change. We had a Boma meal in the evening, and I know I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as I should have done. Hope you had a brilliant time at Magic Kingdom :-)

What an update! I even read it in a panic. Sorry your dad had such a rough day and it dampened the moods. Hopefully the rest of the trip is better!

We moved the table around and tried to make it easier to clean up, knowing how much of a mess they are.

IMG_3269_zpsaa4tigkt.jpg
How were they? They look good!

I kept waiting for you to say that at the end of the day you found his phone. I guess no such luck. It's amazing how we are all so dependent on having a cell phone now!

What a bummer about your dad's cell phone. Glad you had a little magic Touring around Epcot. How did you like the cronot? I had one once and mine was so greasy it was not good at all! We have had dinner once at GG and I loved it!

It looks like you bought quite a few things in Disney Springs. It is always nice to have a gift card especially one you didn't have to buy yourself lol.

I am so sorry to read about your Dad's phone and sunglasses. Through out your post I was hoping for a happy ending. For example he went back to the room and found his phone.

So sorry to hear about your Dads phone :-( I lost my phone near the beginning of our last trip - and it put such a downer on the day! Lots of things to cancel/passwords to change. We had a Boma meal in the evening, and I know I didn't enjoy it nearly as much as I should have done. Hope you had a brilliant time at Magic Kingdom :-)

It was a total bummer and made for a stinky day but it did get better thankfully. It does leave a little black rain cloud on the day doesn't it? Yeah we're going to have to try Garden Grill again for sure, so we can really try to enjoy it :)

What an update! I even read it in a panic. Sorry your dad had such a rough day and it dampened the moods. Hopefully the rest of the trip is better!

It was a nonfun day for sure :( It does get better thank goodness but that day it sure didn't seem like it

How were they? They look good!

I kept waiting for you to say that at the end of the day you found his phone. I guess no such luck. It's amazing how we are all so dependent on having a cell phone now!

I kept thinking that too, hoping it would randomly show up in my backpack or pocket but no such luck :( I know I kept thinking all day 'I hope nothing happens to mine' ha ha

What a bummer about your dad's cell phone. Glad you had a little magic Touring around Epcot. How did you like the cronot? I had one once and mine was so greasy it was not good at all! We have had dinner once at GG and I loved it!

It looks like you bought quite a few things in Disney Springs. It is always nice to have a gift card especially one you didn't have to buy yourself lol.

Every time we have got one it was good :) I'm sorry maybe it was a bad batch :( Yeah I was putting things in my basket saying 'thanks apartment manager' ha ha

I am so sorry to read about your Dad's phone and sunglasses. Through out your post I was hoping for a happy ending. For example he went back to the room and found his phone.

Thanks, yeah we couldn't catch a break that day, maybe we used all our good juju getting to Disney and getting my suitcase there. I kept looking and hoping it would be in lost and found or we would find it somewhere. But no luck :( it all worked out in the end but at the time boy was it depressing

Hey everyone. I have again, been working on this update for a few days now but that pesky work thing got in the way. Then our area has been bombarded with rain for the last 3 weeks. We've probably had about 9 inches total and this weekend we are forecast for another 6-9 inches :confused3 :goodvibes We had a round last night that dumped a bunch of rain and hail, now it's quiet. So I'm watching Dateline and drinking some coffee :coffee: Update time :)

Day 5 - March 22nd - Magic Kingdom

The alarm went off at 4:45 and I was out of bed a few minutes later. We had an 8:05am reservation at Be Our Guest that we needed to get to, so we were out the door at 6:00.

We got to the bus stop a few minutes later and that’s when I realize I forgot to take my thyroid pill, so off I power walk all the way back to the room to grab it. I didn’t want to chance missing the first bus out that morning so I grabbed the pill and a half empty water bottle and powerwalked out the door again. I got to the elevator and pushed the button as an older man in a wheel chair came by too, he got on right as the door closed. He asked me how my morning was so far, so I told him about me forgetting my medicine so I ran back from the bus stop. When we got to the bottom floor he said, “after you mam and have a great day”

Thanks sir, hopefully today will make up for yesterday being so stinky :goodvibes

I made it to the bus stop and took my pill. A few minutes later a bus pulled up and we were on the road about 6:40.

Gracious it was super dark still :laughing:

We got dropped off at the front door with a few other families, thank you Mr. Bus Driver.

We made it through security and we all just stood around. A few years ago, we had a breakfast reservation and they lined us up in line along the side of the gift shop but today there wasn’t and there weren’t any CM’s out, so I pulled to the left and waited.

And got our first in line picture too :)

My Dad and I had a conversation a few times about the fact that I end up standing pigeon toed and I don’t know why :rotfl:

I saw a CM and went to ask him where the breakfast reservation line is and he said one will be coming soon and will be over there by the rope.

We got in that line behind the people that were in a different line behind the other rope, they were in front of us and I didn’t want to start a riot or anything ha ha :teeth:

We scanned our magic bands and are given a piece of paper with directions where to go for dining reservations.

We all gathered on the left side under the tunnel. Since it was so early we were also privy to catching the workers touching up things on the inside. The CM standing there was a sweet little older woman. She reminded me of my Nana (my Dad’s mom) but unlike my Nana she didn’t seem like a woman who would get thrown out of a child’s baseball game ha ha.

We talked with her for a while, as the crowd started growing. People kept asking the CM if this was the line for breakfast reservations and every time she said yes. She asked me where I got my shirt and I told her online, she really was good conversation for a while to pass the time. It was 7:30 when people behind us started getting really antsy and a little angry. They kept asking when they would get in and the CM said kept saying soon then the head CM showed up and people kept asking her when they would get in and she kept saying about 7:45. Well the woman behind us heard that she was not having it… she kept telling the CM she had a 7:55 reservation at BBB and she was concerned she wasn’t going to make it. People kept moving forward and getting antsy :eek: :crowded:

Our fastpasses for the day were:
Jungle Cruise 11:00-12:00
Mine Train 12:00-1:00
Big Thunder 1:00-2:00

7:45 came around and the CM let us all go and off everyone ran to get pictures in front of the castle, which is what most people do. There was a small problem with that though.

Something was missing :laughing:

There it is :)

We kept following the crowd to the walkway around the castle which was the time that I had to convince my Dad that yes, we walked this way last year too ha ha

We kept following the path until we rounded the corner and it was a little foggy and a lota empty

r

We made it to BOG and I checked in and was given a rose and told to head down the left side.

We had preordered already so we got in line behind 1 other family and waited.

8:00 rolls around and they let us in. We verify our order and cash out and off we go to find our table. Since it was early, we had our pick of spots :lovestruc

Right along the window :)

I went to get drinks and then went to the restroom. Then my Dad went to the restroom and I told him to grab forks on the way back. The same time that breakfast showed up, yay preordering. Which I wonder how much time it really saves in the end…

My breakfast

My Dad’s

It’s hard to take a picture in a low light area with only 1 cell phone… sad face :sad1: I had kept checking UPS and it showed it in Orlando... so the new phone was in the area yay

We ate breakfast and were out the door a few minutes later. I made another bathroom break and left my Dad with my cup, I came back and he told me that a CM asked him why he was just standing there. Apparently, he was being a werido ha ha

We exited and it was only 8:30 so we decided to, of course join the line for Mine Train. Time passed quickly and about 8:45 ish we were let through the fastpass line.

Probably one of my favorite on ride photos ever ha ha especially since my Dad never smiles ever…

We get off and realize they’re still not letting people on through the regular line yet, so off we go again.

It looks posed but I’m really noticing how far the line is already backed up

We decide that twice in a row is good plus we have a fastpass for later in the day too.

After Mine Train we made the journey over to Peter Pan. It showed 40 minutes, knowing it wouldn’t get any shorter anytime soon we jumped in line. Plus, I love the queue so much I feel you can never look at it enough. While we were in line and waiting I kept checking UPS to see if my Dad’s phone was delivered. It showed it was delivered so we knew we would go back after the parade and go get it.

I sent these 2 pictures to my Nana and told her “it’s like you’re here too”

While we were going through the line we were talking about how my Dad’s employee/coworker has a daughter now and how they want to take her to Disney at some point. He tells him that they need to go soon, which I agree because, come on Disney.

Around the same time a little girl about 4 is behind us with her family, she’s bouncing around and having a good time. My Dad said out loud to no one particular but kind of to the Dad behind us “appreciate times like these before you know it they’re like this” as he points to me… ahh was my Dad being sentimental or pointing out the fact that I’m an old lady ha ha

The line moved quick actually and we jumped on our boat 30ish minutes later.

It was about 9:45 when we were done and decided it was a great time for a visit to the Haunted Mansion especially if it only has a 15-minute wait.

On the way out we saw a photopass person

It was around 10:15 now and we had an 11:00 fastpass for Jungle Cruise so we made our way that way and decided a Dole Whip sounded like an even better idea.

Last edited:
My Dad found a table and I got our dole whips and met him.

Those things were already melting by the time I got to the tables, yup it was gonna be warm today.

Since my Dad had lost his phone his friend that was going to be there the same time we were, he didn’t have a way to reach him. But thankfully my Dad had his number memorized, so he called him and let him know that he lost his phone. His friend had talked about how they had just shown up to MK and they had no fastpasses or plans for the day, he wished him luck and said if they need anything to call my phone.

We enjoyed our Dole Whips and around that time it was Jungle Cruise time.

We mickey to mickey’d and were on our way 10 minutes later.

After Jungle Cruise we had about 40 minutes until our next fastpass so we made our way back towards Mine Train. Why does it feel like I’m always swimming upstream?

We found a little spot to sit and wait and people watch.

Which also meant, taking random pictures ha ha

I sent it to my Mom and she responded with “What’s that all about” when I texted back being silly she said, “Close your mouth you’re not a frog” thanks mom :laughing:

Moms response “Much better”

Random picture taking and tinkle breaks took up enough time until our next fastpass, so 12ish we wander over to Mine Train, for the 3rd time today ha ha

We’re back there I promise…

Hey, there we are :thumbsup2

After Mine Train we made another tinkle stop

Then kept going until we got to Big Thunder and realized we still had about 10 minutes…

Took another selfie to pass the time… :) We also listened to Splash Mountain. It had been down all morning and it was sounding like it might be coming back up. We listened to them run through their, were assuming diagnostics check. Someone would say something technical I guess, and then they would say confirmed. So, we stood there and listened to them run through all the diagnostics. It was pretty cool to catch that plus it helped pass the time.

Big Thunder’s wait was posted at 45 but thankfully with our fastpass we only waited about 10 minutes. Thankfully, because it was starting to get super warm outside now. After Mickey to Mickey I pulled up the app and went looking for another fastpass, since we planned on breaking after the parade and coming back around 6, I grabbed one for Buzz at 7:15.

We snapped some photopass on the way out

The CM was great he kept laughing and saying, “hold on” he was waiting for the geyser to go off. So, we just stood there smiling ha ha

We took our picture, thanked the CM and off we went to find somewhere near the parade route and relax. Since we missed it last year we were determined to watch it this year.

We found a spot in front of Diamond Horseshoe, just like last year and thankfully no rain was forecasted. Sadly, the only thing forecasted was it being hot and a lot of sun.

It kind of came out of nowhere. It had been warm that morning but all of a sudden, any breeze that there was, was gone and all the clouds left.

Except this little one… one cloud…

We reapplied sunscreen and tried to stay cool.

Don’t forget sunscreen on your bald spot ha ha

We made friends with the people next to us. They were a couple visiting and scoping out things to do for when they come back in November with their in-laws. They were super friendly and asked for our opinions on some things. It made the time pass and they were great company.

People really started showing up and finding spots around 2:45.

Last edited:
Some marching bands came through about 10 till and at 3:00 it was parade time. Hey, no rain like last year, we might be able to see the parade ha ha

The parade ended and we jumped in behind the parade and planned on following it out and heading back and picking up my Dad’s phone from the front desk.

We hit the turn into Liberty Square and we pulled left in front of the Tangled bathrooms and behind the castle.

I took a powerwalking picture of the backside of the castle.

We powerwalked and maneuvered around the crowds until we made it to the exit.

We got to the bus stop around 3:45 and it was super quiet :)

We waited a couple of minutes before the bus showed up and we were back at our resort a few minutes later.

We stopped in the lobby and picked up the phone, yay they did have it. I was so worried they would lose it or gave it to the wrong person ha ha.

Hello very very important box :woohoo:

My Dad spent the next 35 minutes on the phone with Sprint trying to get the hold taken off the account and the new phone activated. It took a while to say the least…

I noticed that there was a tag saying they charged $5 for receiving our box, well just pay that later, so after getting the phone situated we head downstairs to grab some dinner.

I decided on the power salad with chicken and my Dad got the cheeseburger, minus the cheese.

We were eating dinner, my Dad’s phone was installing software and updates, and I looked at the receipt before I put it in my backpack. That’s when I realized that somewhere between breakfast and dinner, we lost 3 quick service credits…

While my Dad’s phone was updating I told him I would go to the front desk and ask them what happened.

I ended up with the same CM who got the phone for us, I went back and told him what I noticed. It took him about 10 minutes but he was able to figure out that 3 quick service credits were ‘used’ at Be Our Guest this morning. Which is beyond weird because we used 2, cashed out and left. I made sure the screen was back to the original screen before I walked away. He said that it was possible that my Magicband stayed ‘logged in’ and the next person piggybacked it and used our credits. I showed him my receipt from breakfast to prove it and he used his Disney magic and credited back our 3 credits. I thanked him a bunch of times and off I went.

We cleaned up dinner about the time my Dad’s phone finally got updated, it seriously took that long ha ha

We made it to the bus stop about 6:30
And were at MK by 7:00.

We stopped for a photopass.

We made it up Main Street, but not far :)

Since we still had 10 minutes we decided to go visit the TTA/Peoplemover. There was a line but like last year, it moved quick.

We went through and saw Buzz up and running but guess what, we get off and it’s down.

We were told it was only for a few minutes then we heard it’s down for a while. Well now we either wait or go use that fastpass for something else… well we don’t have a fastpass planned for Space Mountain this trip and we were going to do it as a walk on later. Now seemed like a great time to go, right? :scratchin

Well us and everyone else that was in the line for Buzz made it that way, but it still moved quick.

We were talking about picture ideas and neither of us had one…

Apparently, I’m Superman and my Dad is driving by pulling my braids like I’m a horse ha ha

Every time I feel like I’m going to lose my arms or get decapitated. So, I hunch over the whole ride ha ha

After SM we have no real plans and the only fastpass left was for the Speedway so we planned to lay low and wander around.

We had a bathroom break and I decided I wanted to stop at Joffrey’s and get the special Smores drink.

I grabbed one for me and a bottle of water for my Dad because he’s weird and doesn’t like coffee.

I sent this to my Mom saying, “coffee break” then again how much coffee is really in it ha ha

We walk and people walk making our way to Big Top Souvenirs. We had a couple of 45th anniversary gifts on our list and the parks app said they carried it there.

I ended up with a coffee cup, magnet and pen for me and a friend. I had it all sent back to my room so I wouldn’t have to worry about carrying it all with me. I was really taking advantage of the resort delivery package service, why hadn’t I done it this much before? So much easier then carrying bags around all day :thumbsup2

We thought about getting some snacks, but neither of us were really that hungry.

I snapped a picture on the way out of Storybook Circus :)

Last edited:
It was 8:30 and we planned on catching Wishes from our normal spot but we were still early so we decided to stop at Gaston’s Tavern and grab a LeFou’s Brew and hangout a bit, plus my Dad still had some work to do on his phone, downloading apps and programming contacts.

The CM taking our picture was standing there and all of a sudden, a lady came over and kissed him… we were all a little in shock and clearly, he was too then he looked at her and I guess he realized who it was. They talked for a minute then it was our turn we told him he could talk to her if he needed to but he said no, so we took our picture and said thanks.

We got to Gaston’s Tavern, my Dad got a table in the back and I grabbed 1 LeFou’s Brew and 2 straws. I seriously walked around for like 4 minutes looking for straws before realizing they were right in front of my face… aye Margaret :faint:

We sat and relaxed. I charged my phone and my Dad added new contacts into his phone. I had purchased cheap glow in the dark bracelets and I was going to wear them but it looked weird so I added them to my backpack.

I chugged the last few sips and we were in our fireworks spot by 8:58 :)

Wishes started a few minutes later (man I’m going to miss this show :sad::sad1:)

After Wishes we decided to catch Once Upon a Time or at least see how close we could get.

We made it around to the front of the caste and just kept walking until there was nowhere else to walk.

We ended up with a decent spot :)

Sent a selfie to my Mom :goodvibes

I knew it was not going to be Celebrate the Magic so I had an open mind going in...

Verdict? I liked it. Not as much as Celebrate the Magic, but I still liked it :thumbsup2

We let the crowds let up a bit :crowded:

We made one more stop :goodvibes

We said good night to Magic Kingdom and were at our bus stop by 10:50

Our bus showed up a few minutes later and we were back at our resort around 11:15. I showered and called my Mom around 11:45. We talked for 25 minutes then I called it a night around 12:30.

Things I marked off of my Disney list this day... :Pinkbounc
-Mine Train before opening
-Once Upon a Time
-Be Our Guest breakfast

Last edited:
It’s not a Father/Daughter Disney Trip if there isn’t a but wait….

10 days out I get the little sniffle and sore throat that goes with my constant allergies. I took some more allergy pills and went to sleep.

Woke up the next morning not being able to breathe and having horrible chest pain. Knowing I wouldn’t be able to get into the doctor soon without having to take a sick day, which I’m strongly against unless I’m actually sick like dying sick, I did an online doctor visit. Which consisted of answering questions about what hurts and colors of things. The next day I get an email response saying, “upper respiratory infection”. So, I go to Walmart and get all my medications and buy some extra meds to help.

Around that same time, I get a text from my Dad saying he has a cold too…. Here we go, both of us being sick a week before Disney.

The week flew by and we had some tornado weather, some snow, and a goat visit.

This might be off topic, but how is it that you can get a prescription from an online doctor visit? I've never even heard of an online doctor visit. Do they take insurance?

Loving your report! Glad your dad was able to get a phone sent to him so quickly! It is no fun to be without one.

Great TR! You guys are the epitome of the early bird gets the worm! 4:45 is insanely early!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter