Please, Tell Me I Don't Need To Panic!

Withacy

DIS Veteran
We're arriving this week, and on the DxDDP - my 3rd time using it. We're staying at POFQ.

I keep reading trip reports from people who say that because of problems with recent computer upgrades, they're showing up at their dining, and the dining plan isn't loaded on their card!

Please tell me they've corrected this problem!

And can they run the card there at the desk - "read" it, and tell if what's supposed to be loaded on the card is actually on it? Just to double check (since we checked in online, and it should already be done when we get there)?

:scared1:

AND I've noticed that the official site says that the online ADR booking will be down 14-15th of this month. What are the odds it will screw up our ADRs during that time? When I try to check in at the SciFi Drive In, will they even have access to the system? :confused:

There's really no reason to panic. When you get there, if you have a problem, you will have to get it fixed. Hopefully they will get the kinks worked out by then. If they don't - what are you going to do - go home? It may not be ideal, but generally everything is eventually fixable, so nothing I would be stressing out over before I arrive.

For dining, take your ADR #s or confirmations with you - I always do that anyway just in case (and have never needed them).

Right. No need to panic.

Your resort desk can check your card balances for you, so if that will set your mind at ease, ask them to do so when you check in.

For dining, take your ADR #s or confirmations with you - I always do that anyway just in case (and have never needed them).

Yup, you'll be fine. A couple of years ago they were switching from 180 to 90 ADRs and the system, but you could still make Chef Mickey's and CRT at 180. I made CRT and called right before we left to make sure it was still there and eventually the CMs found it. I had my confirmation number with me just in case, but I didn't have any issues at the podium on the actual day of. Don't panic. :)

I have my spread sheet with all my numbers on it.

But I really don't want to have to go back and stand in another line at the resort to fix a card problem. I know things get "fixed" EVENTUALLY, but that doesn't mean it doesn't throw a damper on your day - or days.

I'm a pretty easy going person - I don't yell or get mad. I certainly don't take things out on poor CMs who didn't create the problem. But I really hate standing in lines unnecessarily. Especially if I have to take time out and go all the way back to the resort to fix it - because from what I'm reading, they can't seem to fix this problem "after hours" - people are saying that they're being told to come back the next day when they go to the desk after the park in the evening.

What's happening at WDW with the computers is just what's happening. There isn't anything anyone here can say to change it. Arm yourself with your reservation information and your ADR confirmations and try not to be concerned until something actually happens. Make sure you check your receipts, too. It's easier to get a mistake or error corrected at the restaurant than it would be to try and get one corrected later.

Back when the DDP was new and CMs were having some problems from time to time with it loading properly, someone gave me a piece of advice that I've stuck to every trip we've taken - use a snack credit right after checking in (or, on the DxDDP, your mug credits) before even going to find your room. That'll tell you whether or not the plan loaded.

Now that won't help if the dining is "disappearing" after check-in, but the couple of reports I've read of problems have seemed like the credits just never loaded to begin with or were somehow messed up by having a ticketing issue fixed, so using a snack credit immediately on check in and again upon leaving the front desk/guest services if you have to have any other issues addressed should be enough to catch any problems before they turn into an in-park annoyance.

Back when the DDP was new and CMs were having some problems from time to time with it loading properly, someone gave me a piece of advice that I've stuck to every trip we've taken - use a snack credit right after checking in (or, on the DxDDP, your mug credits) before even going to find your room. That'll tell you whether or not the plan loaded.

Now that won't help if the dining is "disappearing" after check-in, but the couple of reports I've read of problems have seemed like the credits just never loaded to begin with or were somehow messed up by having a ticketing issue fixed, so using a snack credit immediately on check in and again upon leaving the front desk/guest services if you have to have any other issues addressed should be enough to catch any problems before they turn into an in-park annoyance.

I didn't think of that - but that's really good advice. We can go grab our drink mugs while we're in the main hall. Thanks!

I just posted on the theme park board that I was planning on doing this in May after reading about people's cards not working to get them into the parks or their dining plans not working. I figured that after we check in, we can go to the store at the YC and try to use a snack credit and get the mugs. At least that way, we'll know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter