Please tell me about the Ratatouille Ride!

scrappinginontario

Breaking news today is that Disney has filed permits for Epcot to add a Ratatouille ride there similar to the one in Paris. Excited!!! Have you ridden it? What were your thoughts?

TIA!

I LOVE it :)

1. There are 3 entrance ways, regular standby, single rider and fastpass
  2. At the end of the line, before you board you collect your 3D glasses, same as Star Tours
  3. Its a dark ride
  4. You are in cars, on a track on the ground
  5. Once in the car, you put on your 3D glasses and whizz around on the track
  6. There is a mixture of actual props and items and 3D screens. You whizz between 3D screens for short bursts as you follow the story.

To me its very similar to Transformers ride in Universal or Roger Rabbit in Disney.

Some people have motion sickness issues due to the stop start, 3D, whizzing around.

It breaks down alot and gets a high wait time. I only did single rider as the Fast Pass line was almost as bad as the regular standby.

Disneyland Paris has legacy paper Fastpass so I dont know which tier Fastpass + it would be.

I too love this ride. I suffer from travel sickness and find that I have to close my eyes for the first screen, but I am fine after that. I also love Bistro Chez Remy which is attached to the ride. It is very popular and the fastpasses are usually all allocated by lunchtime (although I realise this won't be an issue at WDW).

It is one of my favourite ride in DLP. Very good theming and I suffer from motion sicknes too but can manage this ride.

Here is a tour and onride video:

We love this ride too - I love it most because the track is actually kind of trackless, lol - the cars you sit in are rats and they zip around in different directions so you're not going round in a loop like a traditional track.

Someone has managed to put a pretty decent video of it on youtube, although with it being a 3D ride you don't get the full effect but it's a good idea of what to expect.

I didn't like it - too much like a motion simulator for me, with 3D glasses. There is no way I can do Star Tours, and I went on Ratatouile by mistake! The ride queue outside is fairly dull - it's like the outside of a hotel or restaurant, which is a dull place to be! Inside, you are suddenly on the rooftops in Paris, which is lovely. There are all sorts of noises and shadows to watch; which I liked.

The ride itself is pretty good, but I wouldn't go on it again because I can't cope with 3D and motion simulators. You move between scenes in the film, some with animation, some with real models. The carts zip along and you are mostly on your own, rather than being in a long chain of carts, which is nice. My family liked it, although preferred Crush (not an option for me!)

We tried this on our last trip and hated it. I don't usually get bad motion sickness but both myself and my trip partner were very seasick after this, never again!

i get motion sickness - so i close my eyes for about 50% of the ride.

it is a good ride though (or the bits that i see).

I think star tours is more intense.

It breaks down alot and gets a high wait time.

It certainly seems to. But does anyone know why?

I'm guessing that its perhaps related to it being trackless and the reset procedure involves manually moving all the vehicles back to specific locations perhaps?

It looks like fun! Is it fairly new to DLP? I don't remember it being there when I went for a brief visit in 2013, but perhaps the queues were too long for me to consider going on it (never managed to get on crush either, it was closed in 2012 and too busy in 2013).

I feel really sick in this ride, but love it anyway... They do a great work of combining the screens with the real props (though personally I wouldn't mind a few less screens...) It's really an impressive ride :)

I suffer from motion sickeness and couldn't ride the older Start Tour anymore, but the new version or Ratatuille never gave problems to me. Not sure why.

It's a very good ride, but it's not a masterpiece. Comparying it to other trackless dark rides, I can say from experience Winnie the Pooh at Tokyo Disneyland is better, while I've not ridden Mystic Manor in Hong Kong or Pirates of the Carrabian in Shangay, but reviews for both are much better than Ratatuille.
But I'd say it would be the best ride in Epcot, and hopefully they can make a few improvements and they don't just copy it as it is.

Just got back and loved it! We have been to WDW, DL and now DLParis and would say this ride ranks in the top 5 of all rides we have been on. The theme and ambiance immersion is fabulous. With that said we have not been to to Tokyo yet. So excited to come back and see we are getting it in WDW.

We went on a couple of weeks ago. To be honest, we were disappointed; it just didn't live up to all the hype for us. We really wanted to love it, but it just seemed lacking. The concept is great but we didn't think they executed it very well. We were glad we did FP because we would not have wanted to wait a long time for it. I could see how young kids would love it, but not so much my older teens. Crush's Coaster, on the other hand, was great, and we rode that several times. Very slow line though so definitely rope drop it.

Was there last week and rode this ride.

Its a little dated from a technology perspective, but still a decent ride.

I can see where those who experience motion sickness might have a bad experience.

There is basically no pre-ride build-up other than one brief clip.

No way is this ride top 5 of any list (other than maybe just rides in Disneyland Paris).

Still glad we went on the ride, but try to get there early before the lines really clog things up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter