Please tell me about Frontier airlines from Indy to MCO

Claudia1

DIS Veteran
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
I'm considering flying via Frontier because Southwest is much more for the dates I want. However, I'm concerned that they could cancel at the last minute and our trip would be ruined (It is a 4 day weekend trip.)

Please let me know your experiences and thoughts! I need non-stop flights.

We flew Frontier once - I think it was to Atlanta. We were delayed by like 3 hours going home because of equipment issues - although in fairness that could happen on any airline.

Keep in mind that there is one nonstop flight in and out on the route each day - if you miss it or it's cancelled, you either route through Denver or wait until the next day. I am not sure we would fly Frontier again unless that was our only choice or I was really flexible in my plans.

I have flown them from Cleveland and had no issues. You pay for everything like seat assignments, carry on luggage, drinks and snacks and checked luggage. They just got 100 new planes and have added 3 extra flights out of Cleveland.

Last edited:
Can't speak for Indy, but we have flown Frontier twice out of Cleveland, and both times were great. You just have to know going in that they are a no frills company like Spirit and Allegiant. Anyway, we had no issues. Since we were on 3-4 day trips, we travelled with backpacks that went under our seats. Dirt cheap flights if you can do that and you don't worry about purchasing your seats.
I don't know about cancellations and delays. Isn't there a site that shows the trends for airlines as far as how often they delay and cancel? Maybe someone can chime in about that.
Hope someone can give you info on Indy.

My Ds uses them to fly out of Indy all the time. In fact he has a trip next week. He has never had a problem.

I have flown them from Cleveland and had no issues. You pay for everything like seat assignments, carry on luggage, drinks and snacks and checked luggage. They just got 100 new planes and have added 3 extra flights out of Cleveland.

Can't speak for Indy, but we have flown Frontier twice out of Cleveland, and both times were great. You just have to know going in that they are a no frills company like Spirit and Allegiant. Anyway, we had no issues. Since we were on 3-4 day trips, we travelled with backpacks that went under our seats. Dirt cheap flights if you can do that and you don't worry about purchasing your seats.
I don't know about cancellations and delays. Isn't there a site that shows the trends for airlines as far as how often they delay and cancel? Maybe someone can chime in about that.
Hope someone can give you info on Indy.
Glad to hear all of this. We are trying frontier out of Cleveland for the first time in a few weeks. We added the works and it still came out to cheaper than other airlines for that particular date and time.

I know of 2 families with trips ruined due to canceled Frontier flights.
One was a Detroit to Orlando due to equipment issues.
The other was Cincinnati to Vegas due to equipment issues.

The Detroit to Orlando family rebooked on Delta the next day at nearly $3,000 for 5 of them.
The Cincy to Vegas family never made the trip.

I would have to be extremely flexible on time to use them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter