Please tell me about Disney Visa

Mrs~Incredible

Mouseketeer
Hi friends! I just spent some time learning about Disney visa (regular and premier) and I’m sorta dense so thought I would turn here for help :)

1. Looks like the 10%off wdw restaurants is very limited to only about 24? What is the best website to confirm which restaurants actually participate?

2. How do you find out what “qualifies” for 10% off for merchandise in the park?

3. Ok. So the 1-2% back (regular or premier)- is that actual cash back on your statement, or is that “Disney dollars”?

4. How do Disney dollars work? Could I use them virtually anywhere in wdw? Can I use them at wdw restaurants or counter service?

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
Perks: https://disneyrewards.com/vacation-perks/walt-disney-world-perks/

1. yeah, I find it really limited as well

2. most things qualify for the merch discount, but you have to hit the $50 threshold to qualify for wdw purchases. If the store is run by an outside company (like the Japanese pavilion store is in Epcot) they might not participate in the 10% off. Just ask.

3. This is not a cashback card. Everything you earn will be given to you in Disney Dollars and those are only redeemable with Disney.

4. You load them from your Disney Visa account to a "redemption card" and then you use the card like a Disney gift card so it's accepted at lots of places at wdw.

Fwiw if you go for the no fee one make sure to Google up a referral for the card. There is an offer on the no fee Disney Visa that is only available via referral for $200 statement credit with a $500 in purchases in 3 months. (We cannot share or solicit referrals here on the DIS but if you google disney visa 200 referral you'll find numerous websites where people share their links.)

One nice little perk is that if you haven't been able to save 100% up front for your trip, there is a 6 month interest free period to pay if you booked through WDW.

Hi friends! I just spent some time learning about Disney visa (regular and premier) and I’m sorta dense so thought I would turn here for help :)

1. Looks like the 10%off wdw restaurants is very limited to only about 24? What is the best website to confirm which restaurants actually participate?

2. How do you find out what “qualifies” for 10% off for merchandise in the park?

3. Ok. So the 1-2% back (regular or premier)- is that actual cash back on your statement, or is that “Disney dollars”?

4. How do Disney dollars work? Could I use them virtually anywhere in wdw? Can I use them at wdw restaurants or counter service?

Thanks everyone!
IMO I don’t think the Disney Visa is the best rewards card out there. We do have it though but only because we’re DVC Members & use the money towards yearly dues.

I have it, but it's not the best reward card out there. I primarily use it for the 10% off and to book Disney vacations. I tend to buy more expensive souvenirs (Dooney bags, pandora charms, etc.) so the 10% tends to work well for me.

For daily spending, I use other travel rewards cards that have better rewards. See the I love credit cards thread for more information.

Perks: https://disneyrewards.com/vacation-perks/walt-disney-world-perks/
3. This is not a cashback card. Everything you earn will be given to you in Disney Dollars and those are only redeemable with Disney.
The dollars earned can also be used towards your flight with certain airlines. I have the premier card so I'm not certain if it's the same for the standard.

https://disneyrewards.com/how-to-redeem/

They also have card holder meet and greets if those are important to you.

You also get 10% off at Disney Store, and it's no longer a $50 minimum there. I'm not sure if the parks still have the $50 minimum since I use the AP discount at the parks, but I wouldn't be surprised if it changed in both.

We'll be going during the Flower & Garden Festival this year and haven't been during a festival in several years. Is there still a Chase lounge? Or wristbands for the concerts?

We'll be going during the Flower & Garden Festival this year and haven't been during a festival in several years. Is there still a Chase lounge? Or wristbands for the concerts?

I think they took away the Chase lounge to make it a DVC lounge.

I think they took away the Chase lounge to make it a DVC lounge.
Not for the DVC lounge. The DVC one is above Imagination, while the Chase one was at American pavilion. But I was hoping for a lounge out on the World Showcase side also. I'm thinking maybe it went to Club 33, but that could be my fuzzy memory talking.

We did a balance transfer to pay ours off when our credit union was running an interest free promo. When my credit union mailed them the check, they rejected it because my name showed first instead of my husbands on the payer line. It went to their research department where it essentially was never found and for months I owed on both the Disney Visa and the account with my credit union. Took forever to get it straightened out. They said it was because my name showed first... I said what if I paid with a personal check? My name is first there too, would you have rejected it then? They were looking for any reason to continue to earn interest off of us. I'll never use Chase again!

Chase also offers a Disney Debit card with any checking account. Same in park benefits but also available to those over 5/24 or that don't want a very limited use credit card.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter