Please share your pet club experiences w/loews resorts

FINFAN

Mom to Tinkbell
My mom may be bringing her Bichon Frise up for their stay at the RPH. We know you may leave your pet in the room, but has anyone used the extra services they offer...any bad experiences or warnings? Is it more of a hassle than it's worth...ahving to return to the room all the time?

since we're bringing our beagle mix to RP in August, too. I did call and make sure he would be welcome on the concierge level, which they assured me, he would be. Anybody else?

When we went to universal earlier this spring, we switched to concierge at the hard rock because they assured us that dogs were never allowed on this level.

I was also thinking of bringing my beagle. My little guy howls sometimes and I was afraid that would be a problem. Does your beagle howl? Also I have never flown with a dog have you any experience with this? Thanks, Terri (I love my beagle)

I am staying in a kids suite so would I be able to bring my beagle?

I just called back again to double check, and "Nikki" checked with guest services who said that dogs are *not* allowed on the concierge level (so glad I double checked). She offered me a regular room at the same rate, but, if we do switch, I am going to push for the lower rate since, when I made the reservation, I was told dogs were allowed there. Now I'm ticked!

As far as barking goes, is your beagle used to being left in strange surroundings without you? Will he curl up on the bed and go to sleep, or will he become agitated? If you're going to fly with him (which I would NOT suggest during the summertime), he'll have to learn to be in a crate, which would probably be for the best in the hotel room, too, if he might get restless. Don't forget you'll have to plan breaks in your park day to come back and walk him.

i was also told when i called that all pets go on the first floor only--??for anyone who has brought there dog-what about maid service are you supposed to keep them in a kennel when your not in the room?

We were on the 5th floor at HRH last week and there was a dog down the hall. When we went up to our room for the first time there was this awful smell in the hall. This dog 'went to the bathroom' in the hallway. Housekeeping had to clean it up. It was not a pretty smell.

If you do bring your dogs please make sure you don't leave them for too long at the time and take them out for walks regularly. Some dogs, like people, have their 'system' affected when in new surroundings.

*I am not bashing bringing dogs to the hotel please do not flame me!*

because you're perfectly correct, and, if we pet owners expect hotels to continue to allow pets, we need to be responsible. I believe a properly crate trained dog would be happiest in his crate, and most owners would do best to bring food and water from home, of the brand the dog is used to (altho Loews does advertise that it provides bottled water for them!). I think the travel channel special showed a special sign that goes on the door telling housekeeping that there is a pet in the room (maybe just leave towels in a bag on the doorknob?). Irresponsible pet owners give the rest of us a bad name, boo on them!

Yoopermom,

I agree, that the few disrespectful pet owners is what makes it bad for the rest of us. Last year on our way home we stopped in Myrtle Beach and stayed at the only hotel we could find vacancy. They allowed pets. We walked in the room and not only was the regular housekeeping horrible, but the place smelled of where male cats had sprayed the room. We could not even stay there. I would think Loews, with its standards, would not allow such conditions.
I also agree that if you bring your pets on vacation you need to keep the atmosphere and daily routine as normal as possible.

With everyones cooperation we can keep this wonderful priviledge. It is nice when you have an option.

Originally posted by SC Minnie
We were on the 5th floor at HRH last week and there was a dog down the hall. When we went up to our room for the first time there was this awful smell in the hall. This dog 'went to the bathroom' in the hallway. Housekeeping had to clean it up.

I would be embarassed if my pet used the bathroom and HOUSEKEEPING was the one cleaning up the mess!!!!!!! Sorry, but it is not the responsibility of housekeeping or anyone else working in this hotel to clean after our animals. :mad: I don't care if housekeeping did offer to clean it for me, I would be the one cleaning up the mess. I wonder if the owner even let housekeepiong know, or if they hightailed it to their room and pretended they were not the ones responsible. SHAME either way!!!!!! I can see housekeeping at the next meeting voicing their hatred toward the idea of cleaning up animal droppings and requesting that pets not be allowed on premises. Owners need to be responsible and not ruin it for the rest of us.

we were at the Hard Rock on the 5th floor. There was a large Setter about 2 doors down from us, but he was no problem. We saw several stain marks on the carpets in the halls, but housekeeping was quick to clean them up. I guess they keep a small carpet cleaner nearby at all times!

I am happy to report that our situation has had a favorable outcome (so far). I called back and pleasantly explained that I had been told at the time of reservation and twice since then that my dog would be allowed on the club level. I also stated that I was unwilling to pay the same or more for a regular room now, when I had been reassured at the time of reservation that the dog would allowed in concierge. The reservationist was very nice, explained that they liked to keep the dogs on 1st/2nd level so that they could get outside to potty faster, but would check with her supervisor about my specific situation. Came back and offered me a 1st floor room with full rights to the concierge level privileges. She reassured me that the rooms are the same, and that we could just take the elevator to the 7th floor when we wanted snacks/drinks/etc. I thought this was agreeable!
Terri the Yoopermom

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter