Please Review Our Food Choices

hill6

DIS Veteran
We are going May 10-17. There are four adults (me, DH, DD (20) and my Dear Mom (DM)). We arrive on Mother's Day around lunch time and we have the Deluxe Dining Plan. We do like to park hop and probably will not spend alot of time in AK or DHS.

Sunday: Lunch either at Grand Floridian where we are staying or at Epcot. Depends on how hungry we are. Dinner will be at Yachtsman Steak House for Mother's Day.

Monday: Lunch at Tony's Town Square. Dinner at Planet Hollywood (Do they take reservations? - If not we may need a backup)

Tuesday: We are doing the Backstage Magic Tour which will include lunch at the Wildnerness Cafe. Dinner we are looking at Teppan Ado at Epcot since the tour starts and ends at Epcot.

Wednesday: Sea World and Kona Cafe for Dinner - Will probably do room service for breakfast.

Thursday: Yak and Yet at AK. Dinner at the 8 pm show of Spirit of Aloha (we have all been to HDDR a bunch of times and DH and DD have never been here). Want to do a backup reservation too in case weather does not cooperate (Perhaps Cap'n Jacks).

Friday: Lunch at 50s Primetime Cafe and Dinner at Narcoossees.

Saturday: Lunch at Coral Reef and Dinner at The Wave (we cancelled this one when we were there in November).

Sounds great! I just have one thought -- the Backstage Tour stuff I read (we're planning on booking that, too) indicates you don't need a park ticket for it and it's 7 hours long (all day, starting at 8:45 a.m.) So I would think about not using a park ticket that day and saving it for a day when you'll be able to make the most out of it. So instead of going to EPCOT that night, you could eat at one of the resorts (maybe Cape May Cafe at BC, or at the GF where you're staying). But I don't know what plans you have for your tickets or anything -- it's just something I'm planning on doing 'cause we'll have five-day tickets (we're doing the military deal) and the day we're doing the tour, we plan to eat at Narcoossee's for dinner since we're staying at the GF. Anyway, your plans look good! Be sure to call at your 90 day mark for your first day so you can get the ressies you want, especially the one for Mother's Day dinner. I imagine Mother's Day will be a busy one for dinner ressies. Have a great time!

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

Thanks for the input. We are down there on the Buy 4 Get 3 Free Deal so not worried about the pass for going into Epcot.

The dining line opens at 7 am. I usually leave for work around that time so I will just leave a bit later. I will have them all written down and I know approximate times I am looking for.

Also we have all said that we know that we will not make every reservation we have (some are definites like the luau since that has a credit card deposit) but we want reservations.

Tuesday: We are doing the Backstage Magic Tour which will include lunch at the Wildnerness Cafe. Dinner we are looking at Teppan Ado at Epcot since the tour starts and ends at Epcot.

I personally do not recommend Teppan Ado. We ate there on my birthday last year and none of us were impressed. But, Habachi style food's our fave and we are very picky and spoiled on our local restaurant which puts Teppan Ado to shame. If I could take back going there last year, I would.

We are not going there this year. We are going to try Le Cellier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter