Please review July Plans- Family is No Help!

counselormom

Mouseketeer
I welcome critique and suggestions. My family loves Disney and is super excited but they don't enjoy the planning part. A little info: Trip is for July, we are staying at the Poly with Deluxe Dining Plan (upgraded from free dining). Traveling with my husband and two teen daughters (19 and 14).
They have requested a few sleep-in days and plenty of time by the pool. Only dining request was Homecomin'
I would like to slip Frontera Cocina in someplace but can't figure out where? Thank you in advance for the help!

Day 1 Arrival at Poly. around 11:00 am
Lunch/Pool Oasis Grill
Dinner- Cali Grill 5:30pm
MK (Walk from Contemporary) Fastpass SDMT-Space Mt.-Splash

Day 2 HS- EMM ToyStory- Breakfast at 9:30am
Standby RNR at 9:00am Fastpass TOT-Frozen-Star Tours
Lunch -Sci Fi- Noon
Back to Poly. for Nap/Swim
Dinner Tutto Italia 7:00pm
Epcot- Will fastpasses be available for Soarin and Spaceship Earth?

Day 3 Sleep In -Kona 9:45am
Late Lunch - Homecomin Disney Springs-3:00pm
AK- Fastpass FOP-Dinosaur-Safari at Sunset
Snack at AK
AK DAH- waiting for July to be added (hopefully)

Day 4 Resort Day/Disney Springs Shopping
No ADR's for breakfast/lunch
DH and Myself- Drinks at Trader Sams
Dinner- O'hana Twilight Feast
Elec. Parade and Fireworks from the Poly Beach
Anything else at Poly in the evenings?

Day 5 AK- PPO Tusker House 8:10 am
Standby- Safari
Fastpass- FOP-EE-Kali
Back to Poly. for Nap/Swim -Lunch at Captain Cooks or Oasis if hungry
Dinner- Storybook Dining at Artist Point -5:30
MK- Hoping to fastpass- Jungle Cruise-SDMT-(ideas for one more?)
MK Disney Villains After Hours

Day 6 Sleep In Breakfast Snack CS at Poly.
Swim or Disney Springs (maybe see new Spiderman movie)
Lunch - CS at Disney Springs or Poly.
Dinner- Yachtsman's Steakhouse 5:30
HS- Fastpass SDD-RNR-TOT
Star Wars Fireworks or Fantasmic (possible to do both?)

Day 7 Epcot-PPO Garden Grill 8:35 am Ride Soarin Standby
Ride FEA Standby- Explore World Showcase
Lunch- CS- France for me!
Back to Poly. for Swim/Nap
Dinner- BOG 6:30
MK- Fastpass SDMT-HM-BTMRR
HEA 9:00 (Can I get a good spot without dessert party seating? We do not need more dessert!)

Day 8- Departure Day
Cali Grill Brunch 10:55 am (Girls only- Husband will be headed home- Ladies to the beach:)

Last edited:
First off super exciting! Polynesian is one of my favorite hotels on Disney properties. Your plans seem decent to me, however I wonder if you will feel rushed with some of your meals trying to fit in your fast passes. For example, day 1 dinner at Cali Grill at 5:30 will go until probably close to 7:00 if not longer. By the time you get in the park it will already be 8pm. Now night hours are sometimes a bit longer especially during the summer, but even without EMH 3 attractions seems like a long shot to me. I’m not much of a night person however so I can’t speak much to this. Day 2 seems decently planned. You should be able to get a fastness at least for spaceship earth, but nothing is a guarantee. Check repeatedly throughout the day after using your last fastness. Soarin is also possible, but less likely. Day 3 seems all good to me and like a really nice relaxing day. Day 4 again seems like a nice relaxing day. Day 5 is not bad, however I would not hope on getting fp for four on SDMT. It can happen and I got it for three on my last trip, but it took a long time to find and was later then what I would have wanted. Day six again is fairly well put together. Day 7 is good as well, and yes you can get good viewing of HEA if you are willing to sit out for a little while. I would head asap to sit out in front of the castle. Overall your plans are in pretty good shape. The only thing I would be worried about is the tight schedule you have set for yourself. Fitting those exact fast passes into that tight of a schedule will be quite difficult, but it is possible. Best of luck!

I love the Poly! Ok the 2 things I see are on day 2 breakfast is really close to Sci Fi lunch. Also yes I think you can get FP's for Spaceship Earth and Soarin. You might have to do some refreshing of the app to get one to pop up.
The other is Day 7. I think you need an earlier PPO reservation at Garden Grill if you can get one. One so that you will be able to be out before 9:00. It might take awhile to be seated then you need time to eat. In order to ride both Frozen and Soarin you probably need to be in line for Soarin before the park opening crowd gets there.
On day 5 I would suggest Splash Mountain for a FP.

Last edited:
The only thing I really saw is I personally, would move my Homcomin' on Day 3 to Day 6. This is more of a personal preference on how I like to handle Disney Springs. This way, you would have the first half of the day at the hotel on day 3. You could eat lunch at hotel or AK when you get there. You will already be at DS on Day 6 and you don't have a meal planned.

I welcome critique and suggestions. My family loves Disney and is super excited but they don't enjoy the planning part. A little info: Trip is for July, we are staying at the Poly with Deluxe Dining Plan (upgraded from free dining). Traveling with my husband and two teen daughters (19 and 14).
They have requested a few sleep-in days and plenty of time by the pool. Only dining request was Homecomin'
I would like to slip Frontera Cocina in someplace but can't figure out where? Thank you in advance for the help!

Day 1 Arrival at Poly. around 11:00 am
Lunch/Pool Oasis Grill
Dinner- Cali Grill 5:30pm
MK (Walk from Contemporary) Fastpass SDMT-Space Mt.-Splash

Lunch -Sci Fi- Noon

Day 3 Sleep In -Kona 9:45am
Late Lunch - Homecomin Disney Springs-3:00pm
AK- Fastpass FOP-Dinosaur-Safari at Sunset
Snack at AK
AK DAH- waiting for July to be added (hopefully)

Day 4 Resort Day/Disney Springs Shopping
No ADR's for breakfast/lunch
DH and Myself- Drinks at Trader Sams
Dinner- O'hana Twilight Feast
Elec. Parade and Fireworks from the Poly Beach
Anything else at Poly in the evenings?

Day 5 AK- PPO Tusker House 8:10 am
Standby- Safari
Fastpass- FOP-EE-Kali
Back to Poly. for Nap/Swim -Lunch at Captain Cooks or Oasis if hungry
Dinner- Storybook Dining at Artist Point -5:30
MK- Hoping to fastpass- Jungle Cruise-SDMT-(ideas for one more?)
MK Disney Villains After Hours

Day 6 Sleep In Breakfast Snack CS at Poly.
Swim or Disney Springs (maybe see new Spiderman movie)
Lunch - CS at Disney Springs or Poly.
Dinner- Yachtsman's Steakhouse 5:30
HS- Fastpass SDD-RNR-TOT
Star Wars Fireworks or Fantasmic (possible to do both?)

Day 7 Epcot-PPO Garden Grill 8:35 am Ride Soarin Standby
Ride FEA Standby- Explore World Showcase
Lunch- CS- France for me!
Back to Poly. for Swim/Nap
Dinner- BOG 6:30
MK- Fastpass SDMT-HM-BTMRR
HEA 9:00 (Can I get a good spot without dessert party seating? We do not need more dessert!)

Day 8- Departure Day
Cali Grill Brunch 10:55 am (Girls only- Husband will be headed home- Ladies to the beach:)
We love the Poly and you will have a blast. The vibe there is so relaxing:beach:

If you are doing some pool time, consider renting one of the patios for half or whole day.

There are plenty of spots you can watch HEA without a dessert party. We like the plaza viewing area in front of Caseys but always get there 1 hour ahead and camp out with snacks.

Sounds like a fun trip!

First off super exciting! Polynesian is one of my favorite hotels on Disney properties. Your plans seem decent to me, however I wonder if you will feel rushed with some of your meals trying to fit in your fast passes. For example, day 1 dinner at Cali Grill at 5:30 will go until probably close to 7:00 if not longer. By the time you get in the park it will already be 8pm. Now night hours are sometimes a bit longer especially during the summer, but even without EMH 3 attractions seems like a long shot to me. I’m not much of a night person however so I can’t speak much to this. Day 2 seems decently planned. You should be able to get a fastness at least for spaceship earth, but nothing is a guarantee. Check repeatedly throughout the day after using your last fastness. Soarin is also possible, but less likely. Day 3 seems all good to me and like a really nice relaxing day. Day 4 again seems like a nice relaxing day. Day 5 is not bad, however I would not hope on getting fp for four on SDMT. It can happen and I got it for three on my last trip, but it took a long time to find and was later then what I would have wanted. Day six again is fairly well put together. Day 7 is good as well, and yes you can get good viewing of HEA if you are willing to sit out for a little while. I would head asap to sit out in front of the castle. Overall your plans are in pretty good shape. The only thing I would be worried about is the tight schedule you have set for yourself. Fitting those exact fast passes into that tight of a schedule will be quite difficult, but it is possible. Best of luck!

Good tip on the Cali Grill time, I sometimes think things will move quicker than they do. You are probably right about the fastpass situation, guess I'll see what I end with and move things around as needed. Thank you so much for the ideas!

The only thing I really saw is I personally, would move my Homcomin' on Day 3 to Day 6. This is more of a personal preference on how I like to handle Disney Springs. This way, you would have the first half of the day at the hotel on day 3. You could eat lunch at hotel or AK when you get there. You will already be at DS on Day 6 and you don't have a meal planned.
That's a good idea, thank you.

We love the Poly and you will have a blast. The vibe there is so relaxing:beach:

If you are doing some pool time, consider renting one of the patios for half or whole day.

There are plenty of spots you can watch HEA without a dessert party. We like the plaza viewing area in front of Caseys but always get there 1 hour ahead and camp out with snacks.

Sounds like a fun trip!

I think I'm more looking forward to the Poly than anything. I've written down the HEA viewing area you suggested, great tip. I was thinking about the patios but wasn't sure which pool my family will prefer.

I think I'm more looking forward to the Poly than anything. I've written down the HEA viewing area you suggested, great tip. I was thinking about the patios but wasn't sure which pool my family will prefer.
I agree about the pool. I thought my kids would prefer the lava pool but they really liked oasis. Go figure :rolleyes:
That’s why I’m booking the patios this time. I think sometimes there is same day availability if you decide to hang at oasis.

I welcome critique and suggestions. My family loves Disney and is super excited but they don't enjoy the planning part.

This is what causes "why didn't you..." or "what aren't we..." or "but, I don't want to XYZ..." while at WDW. I too have a few of these & is what caused DH to look at me on our last evening & ask "aren't we having Mickey waffles this trip?" I got on the phone and made an ADR for Cape May for the next morning before departing. Now I know...Mickey waffles EVERY trip. Live & learn! Have a great trip! Lots of memories to be made.

Love reading the plans. We have an 11 day trip in June and Im the only one who loves the planning :(

Is Homecomin that good? Maybe I should make that our DS meal...

also, I love how everyone does things differently. My daughter (13) wants to be in a park 24/7 lol

I can sympathize with you. They want it magical, but are so non-committal when you ask them questions!

I think you're plan looks wonderful, and fantastic places to eat! I think you'll be able to get your Epcot fp on day 2. Start checking after you scan your third. For day 5, I'd do BTMR if you can get a third.

A great DS activity is the Void. While not my sort of thing, DH and kids loved it. I did it once and thought it was cool, but don't need to repeat it. DS asked for his birthday to go again.

Lunch -Sci Fi- Noon

Having done EMM at TS land i would actually save your FP for Epcot that night. The way I would attack this is - get to EMM early - they usually don't open the land until 7:30 but breakfast starts earlier than this -- grab a little breakfast first, then by 7:25 go an line up to get into TS land. Right before 9am head over to RnR, ride that and then hit ToT, then go grab breakfast at 9:30 then hit Star tours and Frozen show (both you don't usually need FP) . this way you can use your FP for Epcot - you could possibly book a FP for Frozen and ride Soarin stand by - since they added the extra theater the lines don't seem to get crazy long- you could just keep an eye on MDE to watch the wait times. But Frozen always has long waits.

Having done EMM at TS land i would actually save your FP for Epcot that night. The way I would attack this is - get to EMM early - they usually don't open the land until 7:30 but breakfast starts earlier than this -- grab a little breakfast first, then by 7:25 go an line up to get into TS land. Right before 9am head over to RnR, ride that and then hit ToT, then go grab breakfast at 9:30 then hit Star tours and Frozen show (both you don't usually need FP) . this way you can use your FP for Epcot - you could possibly book a FP for Frozen and ride Soarin stand by - since they added the extra theater the lines don't seem to get crazy long- you could just keep an eye on MDE to watch the wait times. But Frozen always has long waits.
I was going to use the strategy you suggested but I’m using it for Animal Kingdom. Im hoping to do the other attractions on standby after EMM at TSL, then try FOP and a couple other rides an AK

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter