Please Read- The DIS is supporting Deb's Avon walk for Breast Cancer

W

WebmasterAlex

23 Years ago one of the best known and loved ladies in the Disney fan community was stricken with breast cancer. Since then she has tirelessly supported the cause of breast cancer research and treatment by participating in the Avon Walk for Breast Cancer. She is one of the top walkers and raised over $40,000 dollars last year!

We have decided to support Deb and her walk this year. I know the DIS family is a great community and I’m asking all of you to help in whatever way you can. Times are tough but no donation is too small.

Will has come up with some special clip art so we can all show our support for Deb. You can see it in my signature (yes I actually have clip art in my signature!!) . When making your donation there is a spot to personalize it. If you would like to include DIS so she can know how much we are behind her that would be great but the important thing is to help her in any way you can.

Please follow this link to Deb’s page:

http://info.avonfoundation.org/site/TR/Walk2009/WashingtonDC?px=3843338&pg=personal&fr_id=1760

Thank you for any help you can give! Pete, the Webmasters and Moderators are 100 percent behind this great cause and we truly appreciate it!

Thanks to Pete, Alex and the entire DIS community. I am honored to have you support me in this very important cause.

It seems like every week, I get a new email from someone who has just been diagnosed. They are scared and worried. People who are fighting the battle don't have a choice to put it off til next week. They have to deal today!

I am so glad the fight against Breast Cancer is being shared with the thousands of DIS members. This disease effects women AND men. I do personally know men who are survivors. Awareness is a very important thing!!!!!

Already 10 DIS'rs have contributed to the cause.

I thank everyone so very much.

Deb

Anybody who want's too, it's over in the smilies! Just click on more and you will see it.

I have made my donation. :cheer2: Anyone else make theirs yet?

Bumping this up again. We would love have a huge DIS showing on Deb's donation page!

Greeetings DISers,

I want to take this opportunity to update on my fundraising efforts and let you know how the DIS community is doing!

As of Feb 20th, 40 persons indicated the DIS when they donated. These 40 folks contributed a total of $1,352.00! Thank you so much!

To give you an idea of how this compares to my overall effort, I currently have raised over $18,000 (including the DIS funds) from just over 400 donors!

Please be sure to also indicate if there is anyone you'd like me to add to my Walk Dedication page. I carry these names with me throughout the walk weekend.

My Goal for this year is $50,000! I know, it's a lot of money! Last year I raised $40,000. The cause is so important to me that I want to do everything I can to raise funds AND Awareness!

Thank you all so much for your help! Please consider donating today:

http://info.avonfoundation.org/site/TR/Walk2009/WashingtonDC?px=3843338&pg=personal&fr_id=1760

Deb Wills

Hello Everyone!

Just 64 days left before the 2009 Washington DC Avon Walk for Breast Cancer.

To date, the DIS community has raised $1,477 in support of my walk. I SO SO appreciate all your support. Thank you to everyone who has written words of encouragement and support.

How can I not continue this effort after letters like these?

"You may remember that I had written you last year about my experience with breast cancer. Your story helped me feel hope, at a very hopeless time in my life, and you continue to inspire me as a powerful example of survivorship. I thank God every day for bringing you into my life when I needed it most and for the part you have (unknowingly) played in my recovery"

"My wife, who I love very much, was just diagnosed with breast cancer. We have been married for many years and I am a "Basket Case". She is trying to remain strong for me but that is very difficult."

I know these are very difficult times for many people due to the economy. It's also a very difficult time for those who are fighting Breast Cancer.

Don't put donating off another day. Those fighting right now don't have that luxury!

Please consider supporting me now in the fight against breast cancer!!

Remember to include DIS with your name so this community can get credit! Also be sure to grab Alex's cool Icon to show your support.

OR Mail a check to:
Avon Walk for Breast Cancer
Deb Wills
3520 Sugarloaf Parkway
SUITE F03-105
Frederick, MD 21704

Many thanks!!!!!

Deb

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter