PLEASE never ever let this happen to you or your loved ones!!!!

C

charlie,nj

I don’t know if you have noticed my absence from the DIS or not. (I am sure it is a not ..yeah I know don’t rub it in.. I’m no WillyJ) I have been off trying to correct a terrible wrong that was done to me a few months ago. I work for a large international company we have offices all over the world. Well a few months ago I started getting emails from all over that world. The emails were puzzling..they were all commenting on how great my picture was. How funny it was. ***? (the F stands for fudge..after all this is a Disney site) I had no clue what was going on.

I then noticed that on my everyday work emails…the sender would always throw in a “toot toot” after my name…Charlie “toot toot” . I still had no clue. Next people around the office and in the building would (I swear) say “toot toot” behind my back as I walked by. “Oh hello Charlie” …then a “toot toot” as I walked away.

This was the topper…I was giving a presentation on a project that I was working on. We had offices all over the world hooked in via a live video link. As I was introduced I could again hear faint “toot toots” over the live link. Was I hearing things? People in the conference room started to chuckle amongst themselves. (was my zipper open? hey if it was why would people be laughing?..hmmm)

I had to get through my presentation so I just ignored the toots. As the 20th slide of my presentation flashed up on the large conference room screen.…. the audience in the room and the world wide video audience burst into spontaneous laughter that quickly turned to thunderous rounds of “toot toot!”. (I double checked my zipper again just to play it safe) What was going on? ..were they going to let me in on the joke?.. Was I the joke..? I said to myself… oh ha ha I get it Choo Choo Charlie..toot toot …but wait..I don’t think they sell Good ‘n Plenty in India..hmm..so that couldn’t be it.Great now I am standing there and I can’t get that stupid jingle out of my head..”Choo-choo Charlie was an engineer..Choo-choo Charlie…la la la la la…” How I hated that jingle as a youth growing up. (is there an empty box of Good ‘n Plenty in the house? ) It was my “It’s a Small World” nightmare ..if you know what I mean.

I finally got the courage to look up on the enormous screen…it was...it was…it was a huge picture of …me. (oh the horror!!) Someone had slipped a picture of me into the 20th slot of my presentation. It was a headshot of me with a multi colored party hat on with a multi colored party noise maker (tooter) sticking out of my mouth. After about 15 minutes of a standing toot-vation ..I finished my presentation. Although I don’t think people much cared about it after that 20th slide.

I finally found out the truth..after the “explanation” it all came full circle..(sort of like Star Wars did with the release of ..Revenge of the Sith) All of those emails that I was getting..all of those toots in the hallways..it all now made sense. (no Darth Vader was NOT my father) I had been the butt of a horrible “joke”. (I was punked!)

Someone I frequently work with in the UK had taken my company ID picture off of our site and edited onto it a multi colored party hat along with matching tooter. Oh he couldn’t have just put the stupid hat and tooter on my picture..no he had to blow up my head to a hideous misshapen size. (now I know a mans head gets bigger and rounder with age..but this was extreme..almost grotesque)

The only explanation I could think of for that UK guy doing this to me is a comment (ok ..a wise crack) I made about the owner of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers buying Manchester United. (hey they really do take their football seriously over there)

Believe it or not some good has come out of all of this..I created an organization to not only try and prevent things like this from happening ..but also a support group for those marred by it.. and yes the organizations acronym is ..what else TOOT! (I’m let you figure out what it stands for)

I am far to ashamed to post my “party” picture here on the CB…although I am not ruling it out …after a few more rounds of therapy I just might post it. I do have a good friend named Lee in my organization who is not at all ashamed to show what was done to him (good for you Lee!)

If you have a strange reaction to disturbing images..please do NOT click on the link below. (I don’t want to be responsible for DISer’s passing out at their computers.

My new friend Lee (have pity on him..don't laugh)

So please remember … only you can prevent someone from taking your image, editing it, and plastering it all over the World Wide Web.

Toot toot!

OMG... charlie's BAAAAAAAAAACK!!!! :dancer:

Poor Lee!!! I don't remember laughing that hard in years!!! LOL!! Pleeeeease tell us how we can do it, charlie!!

And WELCOME BACK!!! :wave2: you NUT you!!!

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Though I miss both you and WillyJ....LYMI Zurgswife

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Though I miss both you and WillyJ....LYMI Zurgswife

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: You'll have to excuse me now, I just wet my pants :blush: ;) .

OMG I almost snorted soda up my nose when I saw Lee dancing! :rotfl2:

OMG. That's gotta be one of the funniest sets of pictures I've ever seen online. So many photo altering programs... so little time. :rotfl:

Thanks for the laugh!!! :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Glad to have ya back Charlie. The link says Bandwith Limit Exceeded so I can't see your new friend.

raammartin said:
"Exceeded Bandwidth" is all I get so I'll have to check it out later, but WELCOME BACK!

I got the same thing :confused3

Welcome back though! :banana:

Can't see it! :(

Bandwidth Limit Exceeded
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to the site owner reaching his/her bandwidth limit. Please try again later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!