Please join me in celebrating my 50th Birthday...Deluxe Style! FINALLY COMPLETE

jabead

DIS Veteran
Good Morning Everyone! I am definitely doing the Happy Dance today. :banana: Not because I turned 50 yesterday :sad1:, but because in just two weeks I will get to celebrate at one of my favorite places in the world. DD21 has her last final exam on May 11 and then the very next morning she and I are off to my HAPPY PLACE. :cloud9: We are doing a split stay at my two favorite Disney resorts, with our first four nights (5 days) at the Boardwalk Inn (on the Deluxe Dining Plan) and then three nights (2 days) at the Polynesian on our own (will probably renew my TIW membership though). But more important than where we are staying is where we will be dining, so without further ado...

Here are our dining plans:

May 12

Dinner at Flying Fish Cafe - COMPLETE

May 13

Boardwalk Bakery Goodies - COMPLETE (featuring the Peanut Butter & Chocolate Cupcake)

Lunch at Coral Reef - COMPLETE

Drinking (& Eating) Around Epcot's World Showcase - Part I - COMPLETE (featuring the Wine Passport)

Dinner at Narcoossee's - COMPLETE

May 14

Breakfast at Sleepy Hollow - COMPLETE (featuring the Funnel Cake)

Lunch - Sanaa - COMPLETE

Drinking (& Eating) Around Epcot's World Showcase - Part II - COMPLETE (featuring the Rose & Crown Pub Beer Flight)

Dinner at La Hacienda - COMPLETE

May 15

Lunch at Hollywood Brown Derby (OOP) - COMPLETE

Afternoon Snack at the Writer's Shop - COMPLETE (featuring the Carrot Cake Cookie)

Happy Hour at the Tune In Lounge - COMPLETE

Dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse - COMPLETE

May 16

Breakfast at Kringla Og Bakery - COMPLETE

Lunch at Teppan Edo - COMPLETE

Drinking (& Eating) Around the World - Part III - COMPLETE

Dinner at California Grill - COMPLETE

DDP vs. TIW Comparison - COMPLETE

Last two days not on Dining Plan:

May 17

Breakfast at the Grand Floridian Cafe - COMPLETE

Afternoon Tea at the Garden View Lounge - COMPLETE

Dinner at Jiko - COMPLETE

May 18

Breakfast at Kona Cafe - COMPLETE

La Cava de Tequila - COMPLETE

Lunch at Le Cellier - COMPLETE

Drinking (& Eating) Around the World - Part IV - COMPLETE

Drinking (& Eating) Around the World - The Final Chapter (Game Review and Results) - COMPLETE

Dinner at Citricos - COMPLETE

Favorites and Final Thoughts - Page 15

Ok, that's the lineup, for now anyway ;). I can't promise you I won't make any changes in the next two weeks (as I have made about a billion so far and I only started planning this trip about two months ago :lmao:), but I will promise to take lots of pictures and report back here on whatever food/drinks we do end up having. :thumbsup2 So please check back here next month and join me in celebrating my 50th Birthday...Deluxe Style!

Happy Birthday! You have a wonderful lineup of restaurants, all top notch! Enjoy!!

Happy birthday, what a great way to celebrate!

We arrive on May 9 and leave on May 13. I spent my 50th birthday at WDW three years ago and had an absolute blast!! This trip we are celebrating DS's college graduation on May 6!!!

Can't wait to read your reviews!!

we'll be there too!! we have lunch at coral reef on the 13th too!!! see ya there!!

Happy Birthday!!! I'll be there, too- at BWV with 5 other DISmoms- hope to see you there!!:goodvibes

Happy birthday, what a great way to celebrate!

Thank you annichan! By the way, I'm really enjoying your dining report (in progress) and can't wait for more. Your reviews from your 2009 trip were very helpful when I was planning our 25th anniversary trip last fall. Thank you and keep up the good work! :thumbsup2

We arrive on May 9 and leave on May 13. I spent my 50th birthday at WDW three years ago and had an absolute blast!! This trip we are celebrating DS's college graduation on May 6!!!

Can't wait to read your reviews!!

Thanks for joining in YCFAN! You've given me a great idea...my DD graduates from college next year. Sounds like a good excuse to return to WDW. :thumbsup2 It's such a great place to celebrate! Hope you and your son have a great trip and thanks for the idea. ;)

we'll be there too!! we have lunch at coral reef on the 13th too!!! see ya there!!

Hi Deena! Yep, Friday the 13th...couldn't possibly be an unlucky day since we will be at Disney World. So what are you going to order at Coral Reef? I'm leaning toward the mahi mahi, but I could be easily swayed. :laughing:

Hi Deena! Yep, Friday the 13th...couldn't possibly be an unlucky day since we will be at Disney World. So what are you going to order at Coral Reef? I'm leaning toward the mahi mahi, but I could be easily swayed. :laughing:

Friday the 13th :eek: It's David's birthday that day too!! Well we've had Coral Reef booked on 3 trips now and have canceled because I never like the menu :( He picked it as his birthday lunch because I don't have control over that :lmao: Our ADR is at 12:55.

We plan on the appetizer for 2 sampler, He's going with the steak, and I'll either have a plain steak and fries, or try the seared chicken breast. I don't like any of their dessert offerings so I may have to make a trip to France :laughing: I highly dislike the taste of alcohol in my food, don't like creme brulee, and their gelato is almond--highly allergic. The kids menu has an ice cream sundae on there so that's a possibility :cutie:

Hopefully we'll see ya there!

Great choices :thumbsup2 We arrive on the 19th and I cannot wait!

Hi Nicki! I'm really glad to hear that you also have a trip coming up very soon. I really love your dining reviews! This one should be especially interesting and full of surprises since you are going without any ADRs. Hope you have a great trip and birthday celebration for Todd!

We plan on the appetizer for 2 sampler, He's going with the steak, and I'll either have a plain steak and fries, or try the seared chicken breast. I don't like any of their dessert offerings so I may have to make a trip to France :laughing: I highly dislike the taste of alcohol in my food, don't like creme brulee, and their gelato is almond--highly allergic. The kids menu has an ice cream sundae on there so that's a possibility :cutie:

Hopefully we'll see ya there!

Have you seen the new Coral Reef menu on the official Disney World site? There are a few minor changes from the menu we had on our Nov. 2010 trip. We shared the Appetizer for Two and really enjoyed it, but they seem to have made a change to the included items. The Sea and Land (shrimp & bbq beef skewers) have been replaced by crispy fried shrimp. And they added a new appetizer (not part of the App for 2) that sounds kind of interesting...fish tostadas. Not sure now what we are going to order for our appetizers. The only change I noticed on the entrees was that they now have a pork chop instead of pork tenderloin...rest of the entrees seem to be the same though. For desserts they have changed the flavor of the creme brulee from butterscotch (which I loved) to passion fruit and the almond gelato was replaced by key lime mousse. So now I'm thinking of maybe finally trying the wave???

Whatever we all decide on I think it will probably be good. We have dined here on our last two trips and had very good food. The first time (family trip in March 2010) we almost all had the New York Strip steak and it was quite good...not YSH good, but better than the filets we had at Le Cellier on that trip. Then last time (Nov. 2010) I had the mahi mahi and really enjoyed it. Oh, and if you like Pina Colavas then ask for a Pina Colava smoothie for your non-alcoholic Dining Plan beverage. Very good!

Congrats on your Birthday. What a great line-up you have. Years ago I was able to celebrate "I'm not 50 yet" at Disney, then 6 months later a suprise trip "I survived 50". Both times I wore my button and had a blast. Hope your Birthday celebration is as much fun as mine was.

Congrats on your Birthday. What a great line-up you have. Years ago I was able to celebrate "I'm not 50 yet" at Disney, then 6 months later a suprise trip "I survived 50". Both times I wore my button and had a blast. Hope your Birthday celebration is as much fun as mine was.

Happy Birthday - what a great way to celebrate!
Looking forward to reading your reviews!

Thank you both for the birthday wishes and for joining in! :)

Happy Birthday!

I'll be 50 on Friday.:eek:

Leaving DH & 3 kids at home while I celebrate with 2 friends at BWI 5/11 to 5/19. We're staying CL and doing TiW rather than DDP. We'll be at Flying Fish on the 12th and California Grill on the 16th.

We all work together and work has been so stressful lately. We are all so ready for this trip.:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter