Please Hurricane Maria, stay away

They call the wind Maria!

It's a long ways away and only a tropical storm right now so I wouldn't worry too much yet. Although it's not ideal we've had some great times at the parks during tropical storm trips.

The K went toward Mexico and Lee is out in the Atlantic. This is getting to be a bad season this year.

what happened to K and L?

Katia formed in the Gulf of Mexico, just east of central Mexico. It drove into said country and then quickly dissipated. Tropical Storm Lee was named early Friday morning, Tropical Storm Maria about 24 hours later. Maria is about where Irma was when we were worried about Irma blowing over The Caribbean. Lee currently is about where Jose was at that same time. The biggest difference between Irma/Jose vs Lee/Maria is that the latter two are much less powerful than what we saw a week ago.

Just what the Islands need after taking a major spanking from Irma. I just got done taking my boards down and trust me, I am really in no hurry to put the darn things up again!

I'm hoping Maria will die out or avoid land too. We live in South Florida. We evacuated, due to Irma, & missed a week of work. Our power was out, until Thursday night, so we lost everything in our fridges. We were blessed that our home received very minor damage, but several homes in our neighborhood had more substantial damage. The grocery stores & restaurants are still limited in what they have in stock. We really don't need a hurricane now. We need to work not evacuate again.

Oh please let it turn away. We left our dad at Flagler College in St Augustine to start her freshman year August 19. Three weeks later mandatory evacuation and we had to fly her back home to NJ. Classes cancelled until this Monday so she is flying back Sunday night. I do not want to have to bring her home again so early in her first semester!

I can't even think about Maria yet. With how much the track of Irma changed I'm not going to worry until it gets close. My anxiety cannot handle another hurricane this year.

How_Do_You_Solve_a_Problem_Like_Maria%3F_logo.png

Local South Florida news, say she will be a hurricane today and those same Islands are under watches that were just hit by Irma :sad2:
He is saying that it will most likely affect The Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico, then go up the coast away from land, but its wayyyyy early anything can happen.

Stay way Maria, I just got my power back!!!!!

Local South Florida news, say she will be a hurricane today and those same Islands are under watches that were just hit by Irma :sad2:
He is saying that it will most likely affect The Dominican Republic and Puerto Rico, then go up the coast away from land, but its wayyyyy early anything can happen.....
...oh great....my mom had to evacuate (her cousin has a generator and lives nearby - he picked her up at her house and she stayed with his family for a week), but she stayed relatively safe. However, we are all here in the States and she lives alone [she's almost 82] and cannot take all this upheaval...

...oh great....my mom had to evacuate (her cousin has a generator and lives nearby - he picked her up at her house and she stayed with his family for a week), but she stayed relatively safe. However, we are all here in the States and she lives alone [she's almost 82] and cannot take all this upheaval...

Poor woman, my heart goes out to you. Lets pray this thing turns.
My mom and dad (80's also) were out of their condo for a week with my sister because of Irma, no power and a water main break.
They just get settled back in yesterday. I really hope they don't have to leave again too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!