Please help with transp. from MCO to Swan

Tuliplvr

Mouseketeer
Hi- This trip we are staying at the Swan. We have always used the Disney transportation from the airport. We are not renting a car so could anyone please recommend the best way to get from the airport to the swan? it will be DH and I , and my two kids. thank you

just go to the Mears desk and buy bus tickets to get to the Swan. I think they are about $18 one way (if you need round trip back to MCO) get round trip.
There's a good chance they'll put you on a DME bus because they run them but you will need to pay because you are not staying at a disney resort.

Also you could get a cab or car service

I went on the Mears web site and used their taxi estimator. It showed $42 from MCO to Holywood Studios. Since the Swan is close to DHS, it would be in that range.

You have a few choices -

Mears - shhared shuttle - one way 21a/17c round trip 34a/27c -
http://www.mearstransportation.com/index.php/fleet/shuttle-vans/

Town car - Mears or some of the highly recommended companies talked about here on the Dis - about 120-130 r/t plus tip and most offer a complimentary grocery stop.

Taxi - our last trip from the Dolphin was 67 plus tip when we had a towncar no show ($ was fully refunded and the TC company paid for the taxi fwiw)

Rental car - there are some great discounts occasionaly making it affordable to rent at the airprot and return at the Dolpin and visa versa. It takes some research and patience though! Mousesavers website has discount codes and by stacking and combining you can often get a good deal.

just go to the Mears desk and buy bus tickets to get to the Swan. I think they are about $18 one way (if you need round trip back to MCO) get round trip.
There's a good chance they'll put you on a DME bus because they run them but you will need to pay because you are not staying at a disney resort.

Also you could get a cab or car service
No, if you're going to the S/D, there is very little chance of getting put on a DME bus.
I took the Mears shuttle in the interest of gathering info for the board. I was staying at the Dolphin, so figured I would use the Mears shuttle...moved over to BC, so used DME back to MCO.
I found it to be very decent. It took me about 90 mins to get from MCO to the Dolphin...and we were in a van, not the bus!!! We made about 3 stops, offsite, before we got to WDW.
I would do it again in a heartbeat.

BUT....for more than two people I would just book a car service. The cost will be comparable..and it will take you much less time than with Mears. No other stops.

:) DH and I have only used Tiffany Towncar for about 8 trips and we are always very pleased. The drivers we know are Mark, Waseem, Steve and Renata. Always on time, clean and talkative if you want them to be--which I like. They will give you a 30 minute grocery stop for free. We will use them in May and October this year. You can get their rates on line.

I appreciate the info. Yeah, I don't think I want to sit on a bus with the kids for 1 1/2 hours after the flight!

ToddyLu- approx how much does Tiffany town car charge?

Any other town car recommendations? Thanks again!

:) DH and I have only used Tiffany Towncar for about 8 trips and we are always very pleased. The drivers we know are Mark, Waseem, Steve and Renata. Always on time, clean and talkative if you want them to be--which I like. They will give you a 30 minute grocery stop for free. We will use them in May and October this year. You can get their rates on line.
Another vote for Tiffany. I've been using them since 2000 and the service has been terrific. Have had Steve and Renata on our last two pickups...both were professional and very nice. Even with a grocery stop, it only took about 40 minutes from when we landed until we arrived at the Swan.

I appreciate the info. Yeah, I don't think I want to sit on a bus with the kids for 1 1/2 hours after the flight!

ToddyLu- approx how much does Tiffany town car charge?

Any other town car recommendations? Thanks again!
Round-trip is $109, and there's a $5 coupon on their website. Gratuity is additional.

I would rent a car for the day. the total price would be about $35 and you could turn the car in next door at the Dolphin if you rent from Alamo. You can also stop at the store to pick up some things. The drive from the airport is not bad at all.

I went on the Mears web site and used their taxi estimator. It showed $42 from MCO to Holywood Studios. Since the Swan is close to DHS, it would be in that range.

This is a way low estimate from Mears. I've stayed at S/D about 8 times & have done all forms of transportation to/from MCO.

We usually take a taxi. It's about $60-$65 plus tip one way. Just did this last week. Fare was $59.75. Last trip it was $60. Trip before that was $65. Plus tip.

Have taken a town car, Tiffany 3 times. Not thrilled with Tiffany. About $125-$130 round trip plus tip, so comparable to a taxi.

I've taken the Mears shuttle. Contrary to popular belief they do not share with ME busses. I have taken Mears a few times over the years & have never been put on an ME bus. Once when waiting for the ME van I inquired about it & they looked at me like I had 2 heads. I was told it's a rare instance & mostly only ever for DCL stays that they do it. Mears is almost $40 per person round trip, so for 4 people, not cost effective & it's a shared ride. It took me an average of a good hour to get from MCO to S/D. I only use this when travelling solo or with 1 other person.

Years ago we had a rental car, this may be the most economical since you can drop it right there at The Dolphin. I don't remember the cost.

There is public transportation which is dirt cheap (like 4$ per person) but it involves knowing the schedules & routes & transferring a few times. It will not take you directly to The Dolphin either, you'd have to get off at DTD or TTC & use Disney Transportation from there, and luggage is not allowed on Disney Transportation.

Contrary to popular belief they do not share with ME busses. I have taken Mears a few times over the years & have never been put on an ME bus. Once when waiting for the ME van I inquired about it & they looked at me like I had 2 heads. I was told it's a rare instance & mostly only ever for DCL stays that they do it.
Mears picks up from a few different locations at MCO. Disney Cruise Lines ground transportation and Magical Express pick up only from the far corner of the B side.

Mears' shuttle customers going to the Swan or Dolphin and boarding near the DME area might be commingled with DCL guests going the same way. DCL guests might be commingled with DME guests. Ergo (you finish the story).

Regular Mears vans and buses don't pick up DME or DCL guests when making the stop at the DME area.

Ok....if you go to MCO, without an existing DME reservation, and you pay your fare to Mears, and you are headed to POR (for instance) then you are being put on a DME bus.

But, if you are headed to the S/D, it's a Mears bus or van. DME may 'possibly' make a stop at the S/D if there are DCL guests on board, staying at one of those resorts. I have been on the DME bus when it stopped at the Dolphin before going to BW.

Now...there have been plenty of reports from people that they have been shuttled to their WDW owned resort, while using DME, on a DCL bus or a plain old yellow Mears bus. It happens.

OT: A white or a yellow Mears bus, when loaded with Magical Express guests, is running a DME route. It does not make ordinary Mears stops on International Drive, etc.

More OT: Going back to the airport, your assigned bus can be one of those yellow or white ones without "Magical Express" on the side. Ask the driver of every bus or van pulling into the resort DME pickup area to be sure.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter