Please help with some questions

disneynewbee

DIS Veteran
This will only be my 2nd trip to disney and I have some questions. I have gone to disneys official site to try and get a price quote but it will not let me enter for a trip over 10 days does anyone know a way around this. I'm not really wanting to call yet I just want an estimate of what I would be looking at for a 14-16 day trip. Also I was looking to go at the end of 11-06 to 12-06 and I know that 11/27th I believe starts value season my question is if I was to book starting 11/24th would my whole trip be booked at the full rate or would they just charge me full rate from the 24th to the 27th and then value. I thought someone said that it worked the other way around that as long as the first day of your trip was a value season day the whole trip would be value season rate but I don't know if that is accurate and if it works the other way around. I hope you can understand this question I know it sounds like a bunch of mumble jumble but I don't know how else to word it. Also how far out do the discounts come out. Last time I got really lucky and happened to catch a discount code and it saved us about $250 I would really like to get as lucky this time. Also for those that have used agents like dreams unlimited did you find they were always on top of getting you the discounts or did you still have to call the agent to remind them to call and get your discount? Any help would be appriciated.

I have a similar issue...also...
We are going Nov 25---through dec 3rd.
Value season starts on the 27th... but if I were to book the whole trip on the 25th...I would have to pay full prices for the whole trip EVEN though I'm running into value season.
So what we did was Pay for the 25 and the 26th individually..at full price...and then paid for a package starting on the 27th...at value season prices.....
But you were right...if you were to book on a date that is considered value season.....but your trip ran into peak season prices.....you would get the value for your entire trip...
Hope that helps

Thanks that does help. I think I'll just wait till after Thanksgiving and go then. I won't have to deal with big crowds that way although it would have been kinda nice to do Thanksgiving there. O'well. Thanks.

Welcome to the Dis.
Dreams unlimited is very helpful, and will give you a no-obligation free price quote.
Since you are going on such a long trip you need a discount..I would look at AAA or an AP since it might be cheaper if you plan to be in the park every day. other wise do AAA and get a 10 MWY pass.
WHen ever your reservation starts that is the price you will pay for your stay. So in your case if the rate drops it is better to do 2 seperate reservation, but if your rate goes up...it is better to keep one reservation starting at the lower rate. I didn't check your dates, but you can look at www.mousesavers.com to find the season dates and rates.
I think the disney site might not be letting you look at the extra days because you might be more than 500 days out. DU might be able to help you there. Good luck. Another great thing is that DU will book your ADR's for you...that could save you a ton of money, and also I have heard they are very successful at hard to get special meals. Also going for so long and if you are planning on eating onsite you might want to get the AP just to get the DDE card. Just read over Mousesavers really good.

YOu have to call if you want to know total prices over a certain number of days. Also if you book and your vacation starts in Value (First day) and the rest of your trip (say 13 days) is regular season, you pay FULL VALUE for the whole trip. Not regular. That's one good thing to save some money! That's what we did. Our vacation starts October 3rd and it's value season. I think Oct. 4th starts regular, but we paid for the whole trip as 'value'.
yes mousesavers.com is AWESOME!! We stayed at Port Orleans for 6 nights and the price was $109 a night in May 2003. You can save a bunch with mousesavers! :teleport:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter