Please help me plan my AK Day!

ErinsMommy

She believed she could, so she did
We're trying to avoid walking in circles/back and forth as much as possible and I would really appreciate anyone's help in looking over our plans! :)

AK has EMH hours the day we're going. We'll likely get there close to or shortly after EMH starts @ 8:00. This is how I'm thinking to plan our day:

1. Depending on wait times, standby Navi River or maybe FOP @ 8:00 am EMH
2. FP+ Safari 9:40-10:40 (or should we do standby)?
3. 10:40 a.m. Tusker House ROL breakfast package
4. FP+ Kali River 12:05-1:05 (or should we do standby)?
5. Maybe do EE if we're passing by on our way to Pandora
6. FP+ FOP 1:05-2:05
7. Standby Navi River and check out rest of Pandora until dinner
8. 5:30 pm dinner @ Rainforest Cafe
9. Head to River of Light with dining package

Good plan/bad plan? What would you change? Thanks so much for an input!

Last edited:
You have a lot of open/extra time in your plan. You're going to get to AK around 8 for EMH rope drop and stay until 5:30 for dinner, plus later for RoL but have only 4-5 attractions planned (excluding RoL).

I guess waiting for Navi will kill a bunch of time, but you're not really doing all that much. First thing in the morning you probably won't need a fastpass for Safari. Most people will be heading to Pandora and the rest of the park will be pretty empty. I guess you could make an FP+ for a later in the day Safari and ride twice.

It's hard for me to plan for people who like to avoid walking because we walk a ton and backtrack a lot. We walked over 9 miles at Animal Kingdom and were there from 8 till after RoL. We did FoP, Na'vi, Safari 2x (at different times), Kali 4x (different times), Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl, the kids rode triceratop spin alone, Nemo Musical, Flights of Wonder, Tusker House Lunch and Tiffins dinner. Even without wanting to backtrack, you have a lot of time in your plan that you might want to fill with other things like the trails, it's tough to be a bug, etc.

You have a lot of open/extra time in your plan. You're going to get to AK around 8 for EMH rope drop and stay until 5:30 for dinner, plus later for RoL but have only 4-5 attractions planned (excluding RoL).

I guess waiting for Navi will kill a bunch of time, but you're not really doing all that much. First thing in the morning you probably won't need a fastpass for Safari. Most people will be heading to Pandora and the rest of the park will be pretty empty. I guess you could make an FP+ for a later in the day Safari and ride twice.

It's hard for me to plan for people who like to avoid walking because we walk a ton and backtrack a lot. We walked over 9 miles at Animal Kingdom and were there from 8 till after RoL. We did FoP, Na'vi, Safari 2x (at different times), Kali 4x (different times), Dinosaur, Primeval Whirl, the kids rode triceratop spin alone, Nemo Musical, Flights of Wonder, Tusker House Lunch and Tiffins dinner. Even without wanting to backtrack, you have a lot of time in your plan that you might want to fill with other things like the trails, it's tough to be a bug, etc.

Thank you - we're walkers too, we're just not fans of AK and are only going this go around because of Pandora and River of Light. Our last 2 trips we avoided AK all together. We realize we have alot of time on our schedule, but thought Pandora would eat up most of the afternoon. Maybe we think there's more there than actually is??

Her's what we'd do:

1. Standby Navi River @ 8:00 am EMH
2. Standby Safari ~9:00
3. 10:00 AM FotLK
4. 10:40 a.m. Tusker House ROL breakfast package
5. FP+ Kali River 11:10-12:10
6. FP+ EE 12:15-1:15
7. 1:00 PM Nemo Musical
8. FP+ FOP 1:05-2:05
9. Check out rest of Pandora and grab 4th FP for Dinosaur
10. ITTBAB
11. Dinosaur
12. 5:30 pm dinner @ Yak n Yeti
13. Head to River of Light with dining package

It's hard to really critique the plan because I don't know if you've left things out on purpose because you're not interested in them or if you've left them out because you just don't really know about them. We personally love Dinosaur so we ride that multiple times, as well as Everest. We also like the walking trails. It's pretty surreal to be face-to-face with gorillas with nothing in between you.

We also like primeval whirl but I understand it's not for everyone.

We're trying to avoid walking in circles/back and forth as much as possible and I would really appreciate anyone's help in looking over our plans! :)

AK has EMH hours the day we're going. We'll likely get there close to or shortly after EMH starts @ 8:00. This is how I'm thinking to plan our day:

1. Depending on wait times, standby Navi River or maybe FOP @ 8:00 am EMH
2. FP+ Safari 9:40-10:40 (or should we do standby)?
3. 10:40 a.m. Tusker House ROL breakfast package
4. FP+ Kali River 12:05-1:05 (or should we do standby)?
5. Maybe do EE if we're passing by on our way to Pandora
6. FP+ FOP 1:05-2:05
7. Standby Navi River and check out rest of Pandora until dinner
8. 5:30 pm dinner @ Rainforest Cafe
9. Head to River of Light with dining package

Good plan/bad plan? What would you change? Thanks so much for an input!

There is a ton of down time. Lets say you get on NRJ in the am and get to your safari by 10 AM as in on the ride at 10. then breakfast is quick especially at TH so 10:40 at the latest you are out by 11:30 go to KRR for 12:05 and yes get FP I was there last week and it had 60 min waits cause its oppressively hot.
So now lets just say its 12:35 you are off KRR depending on Wait time for EE go for it if its less than 30 min. So lets say that happens you are off EE by 1:25 walk to Pandora and enjoy FoP even with a FP you are looking at about 10-15 minutes total plus the walk so ill round all of this up to 2PM you are done. If you already went on NRJ in the am you don't have to do it again but the only other thing in Pandora is Windtraders store(adopt a Banshee if not sold out) or Satu li Canteen. Not much else except some drums to beat on. so not sure what else you want to do for almost 3 hours unless you get back in line for FoP

I would suggest maybe Flights of Wonder or Lion King which is right outside Pandora 3 hours is a long time. Maybe Dinosaur and Dinoland as well

Thank you all!

you've left things out on purpose because you're not interested in them

Bingo! Daughter has sensory issues and ADHD, Dinosaur scared the heck out of her that she'll never go on it again. We did the Tough to be a Bugs Life show numerous times, we were all bored. EE, daughter will try and drag me on it. Depending how I feel, I may or may not go along. That backwards part really made me ill last time and I want to try to make the whole day and not be out and done because of that ride. :)

but the only other thing in Pandora is Windtraders store or Satu li Canteen. Not much else except some drums to beat on. so not sure what else you want to do for almost 3 hours unless you get back in line for FoP. I would suggest maybe Flights of Wonder or Lion King which is right outside Pandora 3 hours is a long time.

Hubby kept saying Pandora there's so much to see there. Guess I have to figure out what he's referring to because that doesnt sound like the case. LOL Thanks for the suggestion/advice :)

I think with pandora try to start off with it in the morning and finish it off at night for two different experiences. On one of our days in ak we are starting in pandora and after tree of life going back to take it in and possible doing flight of passage

Thank you all!

Bingo! Daughter has sensory issues and ADHD, Dinosaur scared the heck out of her that she'll never go on it again. We did the Tough to be a Bugs Life show numerous times, we were all bored. EE, daughter will try and drag me on it. Depending how I feel, I may or may not go along. That backwards part really made me ill last time and I want to try to make the whole day and not be out and done because of that ride. :)

Understood. Here's a little tip with EE - We love the front, but that's just our preference, but one thing to note is that if you're in the front, the drop backward lasts for quite a bit longer. If you're in the back, it's over quite a bit quicker. You might request sitting in the back if the backward drop is the only part you have a problem with :)

Hubby kept saying Pandora there's so much to see there. Guess I have to figure out what he's referring to because that doesnt sound like the case. LOL Thanks for the suggestion/advice :)

There is FoP and NRJ which are the 2 ride attractions
Satu li Canteen for food which actually looked really good and Windtraders....now windtraders can take some time you can adopt a banshee which we did get to do and you can make an Avatar action figure look like you which takes some time. Other than that there is nothing else except at night the whole place turns bio-luminescent

Understood. Here's a little tip with EE - We love the front, but that's just our preference, but one thing to note is that if you're in the front, the drop backward lasts for quite a bit longer. If you're in the back, it's over quite a bit quicker. You might request sitting in the back if the backward drop is the only part you have a problem with :)

Hmmm great tip will try that thank you!

There is FoP and NRJ which are the 2 ride attractions
Satu li Canteen for food which actually looked really good and Windtraders....now windtraders can take some time you can adopt a banshee which we did get to do and you can make an Avatar action figure look like you which takes some time. Other than that there is nothing else except at night the whole place turns bio-luminescent

Possible stupid question. How do you see the bio-luminescen effects if nighttime we'll be at ROL and after ROL I think the park closes?

Thank you - we're walkers too, we're just not fans of AK and are only going this go around because of Pandora and River of Light. Our last 2 trips we avoided AK all together. We realize we have alot of time on our schedule, but thought Pandora would eat up most of the afternoon. Maybe we think there's more there than actually is??

Pandora is the two rides, the quick service dining, a (fairly large) gift shop and the outdoor theming. Honestly, the theming is great, and it's worth seeing during the day and at night, but the area itself isn't that large so there's not a lot to do. At the store they can scan your face and you can have an avatar figurine made in your likeness, which takes about an hour (5 minutes to scan, 1 hr to make the doll), so you could kill some time that way lol

standby's probably possible for Safari at that time, but don't try to do standby for Kali River at that time. You can probably fit more stuff in, just do that as you can though

Possible stupid question. How do you see the bio-luminescen effects if nighttime we'll be at ROL and after ROL I think the park closes?
AK has been open til 10 for non resort guests and midnight for resort guests since Pandora opened on May 27th. ROL is at 9:15 and 10:30

When is your trip?

9/15-9/25 and its likely our only AK day will be 9/18.

Sorry should have seen that in your signature. If you are ok with being out all day you will be able to walk through Pandora on the way out. After ROL and see it lit up. Have Fun either way there is no right or wrong way to do it its what is right for you.

Sorry should have seen that in your signature. If you are ok with being out all day you will be able to walk through Pandora on the way out. After ROL and see it lit up. Have Fun either way there is no right or wrong way to do it its what is right for you.

Thank you! :)

I would really try to squeeze in the Nemo show. It was beautifully done and it was amazing to sit in the AC for a good half hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter