Please help me pick days

scoobert2

Earning My Ears
I am trying to pick which park for which days and having a really tough time. Here's the pertinent info:
1. We are going to be visiting parks Sept. 13-18.
2. We are planning on 3 MK days, 1 Epcot, 1 AK, and 1 HS (that sound good?).
3. We do not have park hopper tickets.
4. We are staying off-site.

I have a recommended park schedule (not sure where I printed it) and it recommends MK on 2 different days that are extra magic hours days & on 13th, 16th, & 18th says to avoid MK. I have read other places that says to avoid a park that has the EMH if you do not have the hopper tickets. I'm so confused since I keep getting conflicting info. This is what I was bouncing around.

9/13 - AK
9/14 - MK
9/15 - MK (is EMH day)
9/16 - HS
9/17 - MK (EMH day)
9/18 - Epcot

Thank you so much for reading and throwing out any suggestions you may have! I'm a first time WDW traveler so I really appreciate your insight!

9/13 - AK
9/14 - MK
9/15 - MK (is EMH day) This is the MNSSHP - so the park closes at 7pm.
9/16 - HS
9/17 - MK (EMH day) This is also the MNSSHP - again the park closes at 7pm but this is not EMH at MK.
9/18 - Epcot

That is why on the 15th and 17th MK is not a crowded day because the park closes early. If you do the park those days then I wouldn't eat dinner early - I would eat at 7pm when you have to leave - maybe at one of the MK resorts. Also 9/17 is not a EMH day. The EMH's are at HS in the morning. Personally I would do MK on 9/13 because the park closes late - since you don't have park hoppers.

I would do 9/13, one of the MNSSHP park days and then 9/18. It is nice to have a quiet day - but again we like parks that are open until late. Unless you are doing the party.

Enjoy!

You need to find a more accurate calendar. 9/15 is EMH at MK but 9/17 is not. Also not sure if you are aware but both 9/15 and 9/17 are Halloween party nights at MK so you'd have to either leave the park by 7pm or else purchase additional tickets for party admission.

Generally I've always taken the advice I have read where it is best to stay away from parks with EMH because it draws larger crowds to that park on that day. Might be especially helpful for you since you will not have park hopping as an option.

If I were planning the trip, and not planning on going to Halloween party, I'd probably do MK on 13, 16, and 18.

I am trying to pick which park for which days and having a really tough time. Here's the pertinent info:
1. We are going to be visiting parks Sept. 13-18.
2. We are planning on 3 MK days, 1 Epcot, 1 AK, and 1 HS (that sound good?).
3. We do not have park hopper tickets.
4. We are staying off-site.

I have a recommended park schedule (not sure where I printed it) and it recommends MK on 2 different days that are extra magic hours days & on 13th, 16th, & 18th says to avoid MK. I have read other places that says to avoid a park that has the EMH if you do not have the hopper tickets. I'm so confused since I keep getting conflicting info. This is what I was bouncing around.

Since you are staying off-site, you cannot take advantage of the Extra Magic Hours (EMH), so avoiding those parks on those days might be a good idea. Typically, EMH are good days to go if you are planning on taking full advantage of them.

9/13 (Wed) - AK
9/14 (Thurs) - MK
9/15 (Fri) - MK (is EMH day) -- This is a Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party (MNSSHP) day, so MK closes at 7pm unless you buy a special ticket for that event that will cost about $90 per ticket.
9/16 (Sat) - HS
9/17 (Sun) - MK (EMH day) -- This is also a MNSSHP day, so same rules apply as above.
9/18 (Mon) - Epcot

It is really important to avoid the Halloween Party unless you have park hoppers, or if you are going to the party. For your first visit, I do not recommend going to the Halloween Party, either. There is already enough to do without the complication of party logistics!

It is good that you are avoiding EPCOT on Friday and Saturday, as the EPCOT International Food and Wine Festival will be going on while you are there. Instead, I would recommend the following:

9/13 (Wed) - EPCOT
9/14 (Thurs) - MK
9/15 (Fri) - HS
9/16 (Sat) -MK
9/17 (Sun) - AK
9/18 (Mon) - MK

Right now, all park opening times are listed as 9AM. This might change as we get closer to the 60 day milestone. At that point, park hours are usually adjusted based on anticipated attendance. If you want a FULL day, you should plan on arriving one hour before the park opens, and have a plan. You can get a free standard touring plan at touringplans.com for each day. I'd recommend using one of the two-day MK plans, and on the third day, go back and repeat your favorite attractions. If you decide you'd like to have a second day at EPCOT, you could do that on Monday rather than a third MK day.

Have tons of fun, have a plan, and remember to enjoy more and do less!

If you want a FP for FOP, make AK as late in your trip as possible. You probably aren't getting FP for it on your first day.

9/13 (Wed) - EPCOT
9/14 (Thurs) - MK
9/15 (Fri) - HS
9/16 (Sat) -MK
9/17 (Sun) - AK
9/18 (Mon) - MK

The only problem I see with PP's revised version above is that all three of your MK days are non-party days which will make all three more crowded. I would move one of those days to the 17th since that is NOT an EMH, but is a party day. The daytime hours at MK on a party night are much less crowded than the non-party days. Perhaps make the 16th your AK day and the 17th MK.

If you want a FP for FOP, make AK as late in your trip as possible. You probably aren't getting FP for it on your first day.
They are staying off-site which means they can only book each day a maximum of 30 days out. Meaning finding a FoP FP+ for any date would be extremely unlikely.

That is so helpful! Thank you so much everyone. I think we will switch our days around.

9/13 - AK
9/14 - MK
9/15 - MK (is EMH day) This is the MNSSHP - so the park closes at 7pm.
9/16 - HS
9/17 - MK (EMH day) This is also the MNSSHP - again the park closes at 7pm but this is not EMH at MK.
9/18 - Epcot

That is why on the 15th and 17th MK is not a crowded day because the park closes early. If you do the park those days then I wouldn't eat dinner early - I would eat at 7pm when you have to leave - maybe at one of the MK resorts. Also 9/17 is not a EMH day. The EMH's are at HS in the morning. Personally I would do MK on 9/13 because the park closes late - since you don't have park hoppers.

I would do 9/13, one of the MNSSHP park days and then 9/18. It is nice to have a quiet day - but again we like parks that are open until late. Unless you are doing the party.

Enjoy!
I think they are now closing the parks at 6:00 on party nights? Not for sure but read it some where.

I think they are now closing the parks at 6:00 on party nights? Not for sure but read it some where.
They are closing the rides to non-party guests at 6:00 PM this year for the Christmas parties.
For the Halloween parties (when OP is going) non-party guests can ride until 7:00 PM as they have in past years.

I second the advice to have one of your MK days be a party day, so you'll experience it with lower crowds. MK has so many attractions- it's a much better experience to go there when it's not overrun by crowds & endless lines. Attending the Halloween party itself could be awesome if you're interested & can afford it.

I would love to attend the party, but with 6 in our group I just don't think we can swing it. I was thinking that if we do a party day, we could leave and go to Disney Springs. Good idea?

If you do mk I would honestly just do non party days. Everyone talks how less crowded the park is but honestly it's not THAT big of a difference. I'd much have an extra 3-4 hours in the park or be able to take a midday break then have to leave early from the park, not see nighttime entertainment or take advantage of lower waits while everyone watches, then leave early and go sit in my hotel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter