Please help me choose - Port Orleans Riverside or French Quarter

jennbenn

Earning My Ears
I am trying to choose between Riverside or French Quarter for my family of 4 - myself, spouse and daughters who are 8 and 4. Any thoughts?

I choose FQ as they are the first resort that get picked up and dropped off by the buses. If you have a car, then it does not matter. We love the FQ and the theme. We walked over to POR and didn't like it as much, but both are great resorts.

I've walked between both places,and they're so pretty! and close enough that both are like one....as far as pools, restaurants...

We stayed both back to back years. Originally POFQ was my favorite and I was sort of down to stay at POR but honestly we liked it better at POR. Party of 3, DD13. We stayed in a river view building manor - and that was super quick walking to food court - 5 minutes....Nothing was far at all for us. Quiet pool right at our room, etc. I liked the decor MUCH BETTER at POR and if your DD;s are princess fans the Royal rooms are adorable - we didnt' stay there, DD13 little old for that and honestly I like the decor in the other rooms better. At Pofq main pool easier to walk to but dinkier....If you stay POR you could get the AB style housing which isn't so much my taste so if you don't care for it specifiy mansions.....But all of POR just was refurb'ed and all very pretty! POFQ aobutg 2 years ago was refurbed. look at www.portorleans.org site

POFQ!! :love: Because there are 5 in our group next year, our option is POR. As much as I want to stay at POFQ, I am excited to stay at POR just the same. We can always visit FQ anytime while we're at POR.

We've stayed at PORS a few times and it's one of our favorite resorts. This time we are trying POFQ for the first time and I'm pretty excited about it. I guess that you really can't go wrong here - both are nice and the other is just a stroll away.

We stayed at POFQ two years ago and are staying again in October. We liked it better because it is smaller, everything (buses, food, pool, rooms) are close together which we loved. We went to POR one day and it looked really nice but the rooms looked like they were a little bit of a farther walk than we wanted (not lazy people, just have a small child and after walking around all day at the parks wanted convenience).

Also as one other poster mentioned, it is the first stop on the bus route which is nice as well. Both resorts seem great, I would be surprised if you didn't love them both! Good luck and have fun!

I've stayed at both and loved both, but my favorite is POFQ because of its size and the fact that buses usually pick up and drop off there first.

Either would be great. POFQ is smaller and eaiser to get around. However, PO Riverside was just refurbished. It has all new queen beds (even though the Disney website still says double beds). With the ages of your daughters, I would say stay in a PO Riverside Royal guest room. They really are not that much more and your girls would LOVE it! Here is a video that shows how cute they are...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjWyX6wqb5k

Even at almost 40 years old, I would think those headboards are cool!

I'd go with FQ. You get all the benefits of a small resort (short walks, better bus service, peace and quiet), but the benefits of a big resort (more restaurant options, pools, and amenities) are a short walk away.

I am trying to choose between Riverside or French Quarter for my family of 4 - myself, spouse and daughters who are 8 and 4. Any thoughts?

The pool and play area is better at POR IMO. The 4 yr old might like the POFQ pool, but the 8 yr old might be bored with it. The also have more kid activities at at POR including a fishing hole and a Pirate Adventure. Bike and boat rentals for both resorts are here, as well as the evening carriage ride.

For couples or couples with infants I think POFQ is the choice, but with active kids I'd do POR every time. This is just my opinion of course.

I think your DD would love a Royal Room! If you request Oak manor you are a nice even walk over one bridge to the main building and the other bridge to Ole Man Island main pool and play area!

Which type of themeing do you prefer? I love em both but prefer POR

POFQ has a New Orleans-Urban feeling theme.
POR is more of Bayou/Plantation/Country feeling theme to it.

We've never stayed at either (csr, cbr, cr, pop is it for us) but since we're going in Jan and swimming is iffy, we chose FQ.

We have stayed at POR many times, never stayed at YC but have stayed at BC.
It really depends on what your looking for, YC area is beautiful, and being so close to Epcot and HS is great. The atmosphere is great and there are a lot of dining options being in walking distance to BW and Swan&Dolphin, so if you can afford it I would go with YC.

Deciding between PO-R and Disney Yacht Club. PO-R is $1200 less..is YC worth it?:confused3

The Yacht Club was our least favorite WDW stay. It reminded me of being in old people's houses and I'm 55.:lmao: It was stuffy and just not a fun resort.

Never stayed at YC but did stay at Beach Club. It was nice being so close to EPCOT and the BW, but honestly I enjoyed Port Orleans so much more. It is so quiet and peaceful. You really feel like you get away from the craziness of the parks. Plus, you get the bonus of using the amenities of both POR and POFQ - just a short walk or boat ride away. We rode the water taxi over to POR and used the pool and arcade then ate lunch in the food court there one day just for a change. The boat to DTD is a bonus too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter