Please help Booking rooms and getting an APH ticket

mom2dina

Mouseketeer
Hi, Total newbie to APH, I noticed by reading on the board that you can save on the room rate by getting an APH ticket.

Is this something anyone can buy?
Does this count as my ticket or do I have to purchase something else?
Can I book two rooms with it?
Where do I purchase it from?

trying to get a good rate for august at one of the three major hotels, thank you!

Mac or Robo will probably jump in here with all the details but I believe you book hotels at the AP rate on the Universal site (or Leows) When looking at rates, put APH under special offers/pricing. You do not need your AP in hand at the time you book.

There is a great comparison of the types of Annual passes on the Universal Orlando website and you can choose the one that works best for you. You will have a voucher with a confirmation number if you pay in full at time of purchase. You can turn it in for your AP at either Guest Services or your hotel concierge/ticket desk.

Keep in mind that depending on your stay, the "Stay More Play More" rate may be lower than the AP rate. It was for me. I have a "Seasonal Pass" which is an Annual pass with blackout dates and some (but not all) benefits of the other levels.

The stickies are a great source in getting a great over all intro to the darkside parks, hotels, etc

agavegirl is on spot with her info

A lot depends on how many nights you plan to book for which discount would be to your advantage

August crowds slow down later in the month
You will see lower room costs then

Using the UO website you can see the section of dates/seasons that show the SMSM rates

Late August up to September 29 have the better deals when using the smsm rates
It is broken down to number of nights booked needed for each time periods

I have a 10 night stay with smsm at 35% discount
Bookings of 7 nights + qualify

Discounts begin with either a 3 or 4 night stay at the 10% discount

Check it out to see if your vacation is in the time frame to use smsm

This is a general public code anyone can use

Compare it to the AP rates and see which serves you the better deal

Thank you so much for your help!
We are going early august for 5 nights and the rate for APH is 279 vs. 319 smsm.
It looks like I can book 2 rooms, do you think it will be okay if I'm the only one in the party that has the APH for both rooms?
So once I pick a pass, I am all set for entry into both parks (Like a park to park ticket)?

I’ll answer a portion of your questions using the Pm system

If you have any level of the AP, that is your entrance ticket to IOA and the Studios

If you want to visit Vbay, you need a 3 park ticket or 3 park ap
I have a preferred ap for two parks usage
Not a water park gal

Workout the numbers if you come out ahead for buying
1. Buy 2 day park tickets and get 3 more days free
Check website on dates valid

2. Buy any level of the ap for rest of your party
Make sure no black out dates are involved for usage on lower 2 level
APs

3. Read some of the stickies that involve park tickets
Start reading them at the last post to see what is the current and up to date info

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter