Please convince me I made the right choice...

Crisgw

YES WE CAN and YES WE DID!!!
Changing from WL to POFQ to AKL and now to Poly. I swear, I've never been indecisive with anything in my life! I just want to be *sure* that I'm making the right choice and that the Poly is worth the extra $$ over AKL and POFQ...I'm sure it is (monorail!) but I still question myself! ACK! :crazy2: :crazy2:

the Poly is Beautiful... It has the best smell when you walk into the lobby... its on the Monorail (worth it alone), can have great views... It has great places to eat, a cool pool, what I consider the best Bar and best drink... Its a great place

We stayed at the Poly in March and LOVED it. I have never stayed at WL or AKL but I have been to both for meals. It is a different theme, of course, but we loved it.

I would've chosen WL over Poly but that's just personal tastes ;)
You'll love Poly, its a VERY nice resort.

Poly was absolutely the right choice!

I think it is the best of the ones you have listed there, and it certainly is worth being on the monorail line!

Enjoy your trip!

Well I love the Poly-the smell of the lobby & the longhouses, listening to the boats, seeing the castle, hearing the sounds of the MK...I could go on but I am anxiously awaiting my trip in 3 months.

Oh & I love the monorail.

Aloha & welcome to the Poly!

You made the right choice! You will love the Poly. The monorail convenience can't be beat and there is something so magical about be able to swim in a pool that has a castle view. My kids like to swim at night and then run over to the beach to watch the fireworks and the EWP.

Don't second guess yourself - it will all be worth it!

We stayed at the Poly for the first time in September and LOVED it :cool1: :cool1:. We had been wanting to stay there for a long time and FINALLY took the plunge last September during free dining :goodvibes. We've also stayed at the WL and think that is a great resort as well ;). But I think you made the right choice because you will love the Poly. One word of caution.....be prepared to not want to stay anywhere else after this trip :scared1:. Up until last September, the WL was our favorite resort......but now the Poly has become our #1 resort choice, with the WL following a close second :sad2:. We are booked for our December trip at the WL (such a beautiful resort at Christmas time :santa: ), but I am seriously considering changing to the Poly.....that's how impressed we were with our stay there :banana: :banana:. I say quit making youself crazy and plan away for the Poly......where you'll have a GREAT time :woohoo: :woohoo:. Have fun and enjoy your trip :dance3:

I think you made the wrong choice. First choices are usually better. Hope it works out for you.

Is your indecisiveness based on having young kids/strollers and conveniences of getting to parks? If so, then you've made the right decision with Poly. I battle with resort decisions too. We just returned from our first stay at POR combined with WL and we did love both resorts, but we also missed the conveniences of getting to the parks. Beach Club is our all-around favorite resort, while Poly is our favorite resort on the monorail line. We have been taking our twins to disney since they were babies (now age 4) and we find it much more relaxing to stay at resorts with easy access to the parks.

I'm so jelous. I would love to stay at the poly. We went from ASMO to POFQ and I so want to stay at the poly. We own DVC but we are going for the free dining. I have stayed at the WL and I actually pefer POFQ. But the poly that is my dream.

I'm a huge fan of the Poly. My family tried it out about five years ago and we have been back to the Poly every year since.

Having been in your shoes I know how you feel. We really love the AKL and had the plesasure of staying at the GF last May and decided to switch to the Poly this year. We will soon know if switching was the right decision for us. One of the main reasons we didn't go back to AKL is that we loved having access to the monorail and it spoiled us for future trips I am afraid. As well the food at the AKL is good if you like Africian food which DH doesn't and we spent a lot of time traveling on the buses to get meals so for us this works better.

Relax and stop worrying!!!!:flower3:

I think you are driving yourself crazy second, third and fourth guessing yourself. Poly sounds wonderful (as do the rest). There is a reason it is expensive, because it must be soooo nice and and the location cannot be beat. Remember you will have fun wherever you stay. Your kids and husband probably will be happy anywhere!!!!

Promise yourself (& DH) you won't change again, and toast youself for a trip well planned!!!!!:cheer2:

I have stayed at all of the resorts you've mentioned switching between. And let me tell you, they are all lovely in their own way. IMHO, you can't go wrong with any resort on Disney property, each has its unique qualities, benefits, and pitfalls.

If it's in your heart to stay in the Poly, and you can do it without any financial strain, go for it.:thumbsup2

Hey Craigsw,

Have you tried making a list of what you want in order of importance to you and then seeing which resorts fit the bill the best? That might help you either with a choice or help you feel more settled. For example, I want to stay somewhere with boat transportation, so my choices in order of price are PO resorts, WL, and Poly. (Of course, with me, every list ends with Poly!)

Good luck!

Karen :flower3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter