Playhouse Disney?

shelbys mommy

DIS Veteran
Does anyone remember Bear in the Big Blue House? Rolie Polie Olie? The Doodlebops? Higglytown Heroes? I do!!! Whatever happened to those shows. I know if they would take off Charlie & Lola I would not be upset.

We've only been watching Playhouse Disney for a couple of years and have already noticed how quickly and quietly they take shows off the air - shows my daughter loved! And JoJo's Circus is gone - but they are still at H&V! Get them out of there and get something else in there!

Yes they have been changing them up, but we get them on some other stations now, so the kids are still happy when we catch them!

Oh the days of the bear cha cha cha!!!!!

They rotate them quickly. IMO, Disney is missing an opportunity here. What they should do is something like Sprout. A Playhouse Disney dedicated channel. They already have the boy dedicated channel, that is what Disney DX is suppose to be, they even have the ESPN clips on there. The shows are rotated out so quickly that you can't even hand me down items. We have a really cool Goliath rocking horse, none of the younger kids in the family know who he is, but DS4 loved/s him. We also have a Jo-Jo and a Goliath smaller stuffed animals, but those I packed away...next to DD12's Blue's Clues ones. :goodvibes

My daughter is in kindergarten now, so maybe that's why she finds Handy Manny and Little Einsteins boring. Or whatever else is on now. The TV's never on in the morning now.

What she missed most these last couple years was the Wiggles. She was a big Wiggles fan. When she was a baby, it was on about 3x in the morning, then 1x, then finally the only time you could see it was at 5:30 am.
Lets see She loved Charlie and Lola the last couple years. Is it off now too?

Bear in the big blue house...eh it was there
Rolly Polly Ollie...eh liked it ok
The Koala brothers.. she liked it ok
Jo Jo-Liked it.
Doodlebops-yuck yuck puke. She would never sit for it.

What am I forgetting?? I know when she was first born they used to play "House of Mouse" during the transition from Playhouse to reg Disney.

side note--anyone remember Daniel Cook? :lmao:

I was just so surprised the other day going through dvds & I have Bear in the Big Blue House & my DS7 looks at me & says "Who?" I think my jaw hit the floor. I agree Disney should do something like Sprout or Noggin (Nick Jr). Every so often DS9 will put on Nick Jr & watch Blues Clues or Max and Ruby & say "Oh I remember watching that one!" Then I smile & remember those days when he would curl up in my lap & watch them. Ah, such sweet memories. Now, unless I buy dvds or youtube it, DS7 & DD9months have no clue. I really used to like Rolie Polie Olie too!!!

I agree that Disney should do a channel like Nickelodeon did with Noggin/Nick Jr or PBS does with Sprout. My DD is a wakes up at 9-9:30 and by that time all of her favorite shows are over and it is almost time for regular programming to start and forget about afternoons if they want to watch Disney, there is no way.

They do rotate shows out too soon. My kids loved some of the older Disney cartoons but they leave so suddenly they are upset. Has anyone saw "Choo Choo Soul" on Playhouse Disney lately? My kids LOVED to dance to it and then it disapeared. And why would they keep JoJo and Golith at H&V if they aren't even on Playhouse Disney or even on Playhouse Disney Online!

They do rotate shows out too soon. My kids loved some of the older Disney cartoons but they leave so suddenly they are upset. Has anyone saw "Choo Choo Soul" on Playhouse Disney lately? My kids LOVED to dance to it and then it disapeared. And why would they keep JoJo and Golith at H&V if they aren't even on Playhouse Disney or even on Playhouse Disney Online!

Choo Choo Soul plays around 7-8 am my time (central)

I really do not think much of the current shows especially repeated again and again... If I've seen one Oso, I've seen them all. Same with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.... same songs, same story lines, boring. And absolutely NO educational value. I'll give some credit to Super Sleuths for educational value but we don't see that on much anymore.

Thank goodness we can switch to Noggin which is a little better. Bring back a new Sesame Street and Electric Company (I thought they were?)

I wish the Playhouse Disney channel would just play a greater variety of shows instead of taking them off the air....at least airing them in the middle of the night so I can record them. Must have something to do with marketing....

And we are sick and tired of Oso and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse -- enough already. Even DS4 is bored with them. Put something different on. Neither one has any educational value and the few questions... "which tool should we use?" are so obvious. Am I the only one who things Toodles is a dumb idea?

I wish the current shows were mixed with older ones.. like the Bear in the Big Blue House which did have some educational value about sharing, potty training, celebrating birthdays, etc... I bought some on DVD and DS4 loves the music and dancing. ....welcome to the blue house......

We have a Higglytown Heroes DVD and a Bear in the Big Blue House one as well. The show I miss is PB&J Otter - can't even find it on DVD! Oh, and Out of the Box! My 14 year old brought that up recently when we were talking about old shows.

I think I have a box of old VHS tapes (stuff taped off tv) and I'll have to see if there's anything good on any of them. One of my girlfriend's has whatever is needed to transfer VHS to DVD.

Oh I forgot about Out of the Box!!! PB&J was so cute too! The Bear in the Big Blue House dvd I have is the Potty one, so hopefully I can get my DD to watch it when she gets a little older.

And can someone explain to me why the Little Mermaid plays at 4 am on Disney? The reason I know this is thanks to insomnia, but what child is up at 4 am to watch the Little Mermaid?

I was so pumped when they were promo-ing OSO, and it was such a big let down! My DD4 will watch it on ocassion, but generally thinks it is boring!

Oh I forgot about Out of the Box!!! PB&J was so cute too! The Bear in the Big Blue House dvd I have is the Potty one, so hopefully I can get my DD to watch it when she gets a little older.

And can someone explain to me why the Little Mermaid plays at 4 am on Disney? The reason I know this is thanks to insomnia, but what child is up at 4 am to watch the Little Mermaid?

We had the potty one on VHS!

I do miss jo jos circus and bear for sure.

But my boys absolutely love handy manny, mickey mouse clubhouse and tigger and pooh, if those went away, i would be very sad.

I have to say do what they want with oso...hate that show.

They rotate them quickly. IMO, Disney is missing an opportunity here. What they should do is something like Sprout. A Playhouse Disney dedicated channel. They already have the boy dedicated channel, that is what Disney DX is suppose to be, they even have the ESPN clips on there. The shows are rotated out so quickly that you can't even hand me down items. We have a really cool Goliath rocking horse, none of the younger kids in the family know who he is, but DS4 loved/s him. We also have a Jo-Jo and a Goliath smaller stuffed animals, but those I packed away...next to DD12's Blue's Clues ones. :goodvibes

In Canada we have a playhouse disney channel. Its great! Its also available on demand. We get episodes of Bear in the big blue house and higgly town hero's. But because of the canadian goverments rules on canadian content we also get some horrible show's like Franny's Feet.

Like a previous poster there are some show's I could do without too. Gerald McBoing Boing.. There is nothing educational about that at all.

I am also NOT an Oso fan -- I mean, come on. What kid doesn't know what "3 special steps" you take to brush your teeth? Sheesh. :rotfl: Jungle Junction is ok (I like the animals' accents), but WTH is up with that new Chuggington show? It's horrible. A total Thomas rip-off...and we weren't big on Thomas to begin with.

I did love Bear (I was a huge Tutter fan!) and I miss PB&J, too. And I'd forgotten all about Out of the Box -- that was great. Back in the Barney days :sad2: it was a great imagination-show alternative. I just wish they'd put out something with more genuine educational content. We watch a lot more PBS now because we have basic cable (35 channels!) and out of the two, PBS is much better for my beginning reader (she likes Sid and Word World and Between the Lions).

I guess I'm making it sound like we do nothing but watch TV -- that's really not the case! But as a homeschooling mom, I do depend on it for a little while each day to keep the middle one entertained while I help the 4th grader with her work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter