Playhouse Disney Lunch at H & V- alone with a 2 and 4 year old?

emma'smom

<font color=magenta>P.S. Who would serve turnips a
We're going to be in WDW in February for a conference for DH. I thought I might take dd2 and dd4 to the Playhouse Disney lunch on the day we check out of the hotel since we are leaving until later in the day...but will need to be out of the hotel (BWI) and we could walk to this at MGM. We'll I could push them in the Joovy.

Anyway, has anyone else done this with just one parent and two kids? Are the kids allowed to get up and move around (dance)? How helpful are they in seating? At home, if we are seated close to the buffet..I let my dd4 (almost 5) go up to the buffets alone (as long as I can see her) so that I don't have to get dd2 up and down as much.

How is the food at lunch?

Well I can only answer you as a dm of one child whom I started taking to WDW myself around the time she turned 4. But, we have gone tons of times since and in most instances the restaurant CMs have always been very accomodating meeting any requests I've made.

The H&V Playhouse Disney lunch is very casual and yes the kids do get up and dance when the characters are out doing their dance and walk around the restaurant.

When you check in make sure to let the CM at the podium know you are alone with 2 small children and ask to sit as close to the buffet as possible. The nice thing is that there are 2 sides to the buffet and each side has the same food so there is a good amount of seating close by. DD and I were close by the buffet this past trip (although she is older now so it's not such an issue anymore), but when she was younger I'd always ask to sit as close to the buffet as possible. We were at this lunch back in Oct. and it was pretty good. Lots of selections and my dd loved the new chicken nuggets. I actually made an ADR for our trip next week as she asked to go here again. I thought the food was pretty good.

She really is outgrowing the Playhouse Disney characters but still enjoys seeing them when were at WDW and as long as she enjoys it we'll keep going to this lunch.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter