Play App reviews?

emmybee

DIS Veteran
Has anyone used the Disney Play App while visiting the parks? What did you think? I am a little worried that it might screw up the functionality of the regular DL app so I deleted it. I don't want anything getting between me and my MaxPass!

It was fun to use it while waiting in the line to get in. I learned more about the park with the trivia questions. However I did notice when i uninstalled it from my phone, the regular DL app worked better. So for now I won't put it on my phone.

I have heard that it can interfere with the DL app, so do be careful. Also, make sure you have battery back up! Some friends have been surprised at how much they drain their battery by using the Play app. (I guess they're playing more than they think!)

My son loved it when we were there a couple of weeks ago, especially the Toy Story and Space Mountain minigames. My complaint is that the app assumes you are waiting in the standby queue and asks about things that you would only see there, although we were able to guess some answers from context.

We enjoyed the trivia a great deal. The games themselves were unplayable while in the FastPass line, as the line was moving either too fast to play, or, as mel2014 said, referenced the Standby line. I also had an issue getting credit for riding the attractions even though I had both location and Bluetooth enabled on my phone. In fact, every rid we went on I had to tap the app to get credit. None of them auto-updated.

I didn't have MaxPass, but I didn't notice any issues with the DLR App and the Play App while in the park last month. I found the trivia games to be fun, but I had some trouble connecting to any of the "games" while waiting in the queue. I guess they are meant more for the folks in the standby line than those in the FP lines. I wasn't able to get the Space game to work because I couldn't get a reliable signal inside the building. I've found the wifi to be spotty in DLR, so I wouldn't count on it being available everywhere. Earning "badges" for riding rides worked intermittently. So while it was fun, I don't think all of the bugs have been worked out yet.

So the DL app has issues when the play parks app is there too? This is important info. I'm going in 3 weeks and I would hate to have my trip messed up (yay maxpass!) because I just had to play. I'll keep an eye on how it works with my phone and my SO's and I'll let you guys know next month what we experience!

Has the play app improved? Can it now be used with the DL app with out causing issues?
Does it drain battery?

I've never had problems with it conflicting with the Disneyland App, but yes, it drains the battery. Make sure to completely shut the app down when you're not actively using it.

I've never had problems with it conflicting with the Disneyland App, but yes, it drains the battery. Make sure to completely shut the app down when you're not actively using it.
Thanks i think ill download it on DH phone so DD can use. We will have an portable battery charger.

Has the play app improved? Can it now be used with the DL app with out causing issues?
Does it drain battery?
I played it all week last week, also using the DL app. Didn't have any problems
But, as mentioned above, it is still buggy in somethings work and somethings don't when it comes to what it registers and what it misses. I had to manually click that I'd ridden a few things, even with keeping it open. I guess it's an issue with the GPS not grabbing right in some spots.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter