Platinum pass - redeeming only at "home" park?

inspiration100

Earning My Ears
I am planning trips to Seaworld Orlando and Seaworld San Antonio in the next few months. I have to do Seaworld Orlando first due to family reasons. I was planning to buy a platinum pass for Seaworld San Antonio since it's much cheaper but the fine print says you must redeeem the pass at the "home" park first.

Question: How picky are they on this? Will I still get access to Seaworld Orlando if I haven't visited Seaworld San Antonio first? The price is almost double for Orlando with similar perks.

They are probably pretty picky about it. I suggest you call Sea World San Antonio and ask them as they would be able to give you a definitive answer. We are platinum pass holders for SeaWorld San Antonio and have always received great customer service. Take a weekend trip to San Antonio and activate the pass if you can't activate it in Orlando.

One other thing, they probably are picky about this because everyone would just buy season passes at the cheaper park to avoid paying the larger price.

Wow! That's a big price difference! More than twice as much since San Antonio has an online discount and Orlando does not!! I'm not sure what all the "home park" perks are, keep in mind platinum pass includes the upgraded parking for your home park only, and regular parking at the other parks. That was the case for us a few years ago. The photo key pass may just be for your home park as well. If you were hoping to have the free animal encounter too, I think you'll want the Orlando pass. I know you said for family reasons you'll need to visit Orlando first, if there was any way to just make a quick trip to San Antonio to activate you passes I think it would be worth it. Or check around for Orlando deals if you'll be there first. I'd hate to show up in Orlando with a prepaid San Antonio pass and have to pay the price difference to get in to Sea World. What a bummer that it's such a huge price jump.

From what I have seen they are very picky on this precisely because of the prices being cheaper. In the past I believe there used to be a Sesame pass that was extremely cheap, but they closed that loophole of being able to activate it somewhere else. Unless you happened to get someone brand new at the ticket office I would be surprised if they were able to activate it for you.

Thank you for all the feedback. Sounds like it's not worth risking and I need to purchase the Orlando pass for double the price :(.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!