Platinum hotel, or The Signature? What's better for walking distance and is it safe..

jory29

DIS Veteran
Platinum hotel, I love the looks of, and think it would be great for our family, price wise is a little lower than the Signature, and seems more likely to have 2 queen beds.

I am wondering, is it safe to walk past the strip to get back to the hotel, if it is the platinum, and if not the platinum, is it an all covered walkway (with lots of people around) to go back to the MGM grand?

Which has a better location, in general?

Thanks for any responses you can provide, appreciate it!! Our family has never been to Vegas and are thinking of going in the Spring. We do have to have a non smoking hotel, otherwise our asthma will be triggered.

Cannot say about Platinum, but we stayed at Signature in July, decided to go with the 1 bedroom suite ,which was first class, absolutley superb.
We stayed in Tower 1, and it was only a few mins walk along a covered airconditioned walkway, and other 2 towers would not be much more, although had read some people say it took 15 mins, dont know where they where walking. Oh and there is moving travelators in the walkways. You had the use of MGM pool as well which was abonus.
If you exited the front gate of the Signature, about 5 mis took you in the back of PH and the miracle mile shops-. We loved the signature and it was extremely quiet as well.

Thanks for your input! :) Do you recall if the couch turned into a sofa bed? And if so, was it comfortable?

Were you able to get a strip view from that tower if you wanted, and would it have been a good view, in your opinion?

Also - food court is nearby, right? With McDonalds?

Thanks for your help and I will keep checking on and off for other replies. :)

I have to agree with the signatures. I have a friend who went and stayed there the pictures are awesome. It's hard to believe they have balconies because those are super rare in LV. Getting a strip view is 50/50, but it's not a great down the strip view like you see in pictures. But the other view is of the airport. Usually you can request the view or pay extra.

From where the moving walkways drop you off in the MGM is a bit of a walk to the strip, but right away you will past shops and dining locations. You may sometimes find yourself waling down the street just north of all three towers to get to the strip.

I've found the side streets of the strip to be fine to walk on. There is a slow flow of people walking to hotels further away but less pan hadlers than right on the strip.

You come out at the food court at MGM, and DD slept on the couch, said it was comfortable.
Its back from the strip, but could see all the hotels, but seemed to me that if you want a balcony ,you would need the 1 bedroom suite, as we also had a normal suite booked, and it did not have a balcony.
have some pics , and DD took a Video of the rooms, although you might get dizzy watching it. will see if i can find it, might be on face book or youtube, but will post link if i find it.

hope this works, link on my facebook
http://www.facebook.com/robert.mcfarland?v=app_2392950137#!/video/video.php?v=1371596607065

Thanks so much for your replies, both of you!! :)

Rpbert1, your daughter did a really great video showing the room. Awesome job!

Thanks again for the info., Skiingfast and Rpbert1!!

Never stayed at the Signature, but I thought the Platinum was great! It was very affordable and huge! Had a bedroom with 2 queen beds and tv, giant bathroom with jacuzzi tub, shower, double sinks, closet; the living room had a couch with a pull out bed, tv, and there was a full kitchen. Loved it! The walking distance to the Strip was not bad at all. It was a very hotel and I would reccomend it :)

We stayed at The Signature last year and our room was fantastic. It was just my husband and I and we had a studio. We never left the hotel from the Signature, we always walked out onto the Strip from the MGM so I can't give you any information on safety. However, our room was very close, I thought, to the pool/s, which were great, much closer than an MGM room by far. Our room was also very close to the food court, compared to a regular MGM room again. Yes there was a McDonald's and also a Starbucks in the food court area. But the lobby of one of the towers of the Signature, I believe tower 1, also had a Starbucks.

I thought it was great staying there, I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again. It was very quiet and I much prefered it over the MGM, which we had stayed at prior.

The only thing I didn't like was being on a high floor. I think we were on the 33rd floor and I would never stay that high again. There are balcony's as another poster mentioned and the balcony's are glass enclosed. I have a fear of heights and I couldn't step out on it. Plus it was very windy when we were there, which is common in the desert, and it made a swooshy (sp) sound all night long. We had to go out to the CVS across the street and buy a small table fan to put on at night to mask the wind.

I would request a very low floor, probably not higher than 7 or 8, the next time I stayed there. I don't know the age of your children but I would be having anxiety attacks being on a higher floor with any children, even teenagers.

Enjoy!

MsA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter