Platinum booking on Board?

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by bobbiwoz, May 18, 2018.

1. bobbiwoz

bobbiwoz I'm happy to dance with you!

We will be on the Dream on Monday. Would like to book EBPC next year with the on board benefits. Will I be able to once the booking desk opens?

ACQUADUCK likes this.
  2. Chipmunkmaniac

Chipmunkmaniac Mouseketeer

Wondering the same! Ill be on the Alaska of Monday. I'm probably gonna book regular rate online for the EBPC in the morning and then hope the rate is still the same when the future cruise desk opens that night so I can drop the regular one and book with OB. I heard PC cruises go very quickly up in price pplus certain cats book up... Also will online open at midnight (so 9pm Vancouver time) or will it be at 7am meaning I'll have to wake up at 4am in Vancouver??

ACQUADUCK likes this.
  3. Avatar

DIS Sponsor Let Dreams Unlimited Travel plan your perfect Disney vacation!

4. bobbiwoz

Gee, all they say is log in, and book when itineraries become available. I image that will be at 8 Eastern.?

• By Phone: Call (800) 388-4513 starting at 8:00 AM Eastern Time—or contact your travel agent.

ACQUADUCK likes this.
  5. Chipmunkmaniac

I ve heard midnight, 7am and 8am... so I guess I'll check sunday night 9 pm in Vancouver.. if nothing shows up it will be a very early morning on Monday hahaha.. to then hopefully cancel that one again and grab it with OB discvount that night on the ship...

ACQUADUCK likes this.
  6. shoes99

shoes99 DIS Veteran

We were on the Fantasy when the 2019 wbpc came out. I forgot to book on day 1 (platinum) and by day 2 all accessible cabins were gone. Yes book on Monday on the ship if you are platinum.
    Choice rooms do sell out on day 1.

ACQUADUCK likes this.
  7. bobbiwoz

Wow! thank you. I can miss a show, but do not want to miss the EBPC next year. We had it booked last year, and I had to cancel for an operation. All is good now! Plus it’s a Merry time cruise, and we try to do one every year!:santa:

ACQUADUCK and FigmentSpark like this.
  8. ImprovGal

ImprovGal <font color=green>No animals were harmed in the ma

I'm currently on the Magic and have been told our onboard booking desk will be able to book the new dates for platinum cruisers on Monday. However, we will be 4 hours (or maybe 5.. not sure) ahead that day and they won't take those new bookings until 8am EDT so it will be simultaneous with those calling in ashore. I don't know how Wonder will handle that way as well, as that would be a really early morning for them.

ACQUADUCK likes this.
  9. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS veteran

Well, that's the same issue that us west coasters face when new itineraries open. We have to get up pretty early in the morning to be in that first rush.

MelSpees likes this.
  10. nordkin

nordkin DIS Veteran

We were on the EBTA last year on opening day of booking for the new cruises. People were in line hours to make reservations. Needless to say price increases were the norm and there were some very upset people. One man raised such a stink he was permitted to call from the ship to Lodge his complaint.

ACQUADUCK likes this.
  11. Chipmunkmaniac

Its our boarding day so the desk wont open til at night. Thats why Im gonna book onlinwithout discount and then take it from there, i want the pc so chances are that by night the priceraise will be higher than the benefit of an ob booking

ACQUADUCK likes this.
  12. ImprovGal

ImprovGal <font color=green>No animals were harmed in the ma

I was thinking more of the CMs on the ship handling the onboard bookings. As guests, you at least have the choice of whether or not to participate in the insanity. It's not compulsory for your job.

ACQUADUCK likes this.
  13. PrincessShmoo

PrincessShmoo DIS veteran

Well, I believe the future cruise booking desk has set hours.

Possibly they would have special hours on release days, I don't know. I'm sure that Disney puts extra people on the phone lines on those days, so maybe they also schedule the ones on the ship for extra hours.

In that case it's "compulsory" for the job.

14. lanejudy

lanejudy Moderator Moderator

In my experience, online booking has opened a couple hours or more prior to phone lines on "opening day" -- of course, that has been public opening day. Nobody really knows how well the online booking will work this time with the CC levels, or even what time to expect info to be available online. But I would be surprised if DCL opens the future booking desk as early as online may be available. At best, it might coincide with the phone lines. I haven't been onboard for prior opening dates, but I don't recall reports that DCL offered extensive extra hours at the desk, maybe a little more than usual.

Good luck to all booking next week! Enjoy your cruises!

ACQUADUCK likes this.