Plated/Buffet meals plus bar at dessert party epcot

rspencer38

Mouseketeer
Looking for some advice about our reception. We were originally planning to do a small private catered event or ADR for our wedding party, followed by a separate dessert party event with fireworks in Epcot.

Is it possible to simply combine it all into one event at one location inside Epcot? Hopefully it would save time and money.

We are planning on doing an escape package!

Yes! We call them dessert parties, but you can have pretty much any type of food. The only difference is that a sit-down dinner has higher food and beverage minimums, so people will often do "heavy appetizers" and a walk-around reception instead (which means not everyone gets a seat). If you have the PassPorter, the food and beverage minimums for all the locations in Epcot are in Chapter 5 (dessert parties) and Chapter 3 (if you want to know what the sit-down meal food and beverage minimums are).

Thanks! I do have the PassPorter and looked up the minimums.

Do you know if there is anywhere online to see the menus? Interested to see what type of appetizers vs buffet.

Yes! I have a TON of menus here: http://disneytravelbabble.com/disney-weddings/sample-catered-event-menus/

All menus are completely customizable. You aren't restricted to just those that say Epcot or Disney's Fairy Tale Weddings. You send your ideas to your planner, and s/he submits them to the chef. For example, I just did a Tiki-Dinosaur-themed anniversary party at Epcot and sent them photos of kitschy 1950s and '60s food that they replicated for us, complete with silly names like "Pterriyaki Pterodactyl Wings"!

You can also just tell the chef that you want food on a certain theme at a certain price point, and they come back with suggestions. This can be the best way to get creative and unusual dishes AND it saves you money!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter