Plastic room keys still available?

suzu

Mouseketeer
Is it possible to have a plastic room key for our room in addition to magic band access? I'd like to take the band off and leave in the room if I go to the pool or out to dinner and don't want to lug a purse.
We're staying in the Contemporary.

Yes,depending on the CM,you may have to "press" the request,but it is very possible.:)

We swim with our bands all the time, it has never been an issue. I'd be more concerned about losing the room key, but I am pretty sure you can request one.

You can still get cards, but it's the "in addition to magic band" part I don't know.

The bands are waterproof FYI.

Yep, I actually ran down to the gift shop one day and forgot my band. Went to the front desk where we all had a good laugh since it happens often. I could get another band but opted for the card since I have 3 of every color already.

I think it may vary by resort. We have had no issue asking for a room key card at the All-Stars but when we stayed at The Cabins at Fort Wilderness in February they told us they didn't have them anymore.

When I mentioned I was surprised because we had a nice dinner planned and I wouldn't have anywhere to put my magic band, they didn't really have a response. They said "Well, everyone will be wearing one." They were nice about it at least.

but when we stayed at The Cabins at Fort Wilderness in February they told us they didn't have them anymore.

Wdw has it in their privacy policy and MB info and legal terms on their site that you can get a card (last time I read it it referred to the card being in lieu of using the band though). That page would get pulled up for them if I wanted a card and wasn't being given one. They kinda have to comply with their own company's policies.

But i bet it was true; that most people were wearing them...

When I travel as a chaperone, I always request a card to open the rooms of the students for whom I am responsible for in the event I need to enter the rooms because my band will not work. It has never been an issue, last trip was March 2017

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter