Plans have been filed for DVC expansion at Caribbean Beach Resort

I guess I trust Disney a little more than I would the food court mall and it really was very good food. Don't knock Disney food courts. Some of the greatest chefs at Disney started out at the food courts.

I liked hearing you enjoyed the mussels. I know people who feel that way (food court opinions) about buffets and seafood too. When I tell them I love the Cape May Cafe dinner buffet they think I'm nuts. I'm of the mind you gotta try everything at least twice (just in case the first time was an anomaly).

Ya know, neither do we. I'm a "deluxe" snob, but I wasn't paying $600 for President's Day weekend and Disney was really scarce on rooms so POP came open with a passholder discount two days before I wanted to stay when everything had been booked solid for at least a month prior so I took it, figuring I could slum it for a day. I actually had a good time and I justified staying there for "research purposes" to see if even with added transportation options if this is something I would pay extra for and the answer was no. The price I had paid was actually probably the most I would ever pay.

Did they still have the Pizza shack by the bus stop ? That was an interesting trial I saw a while ago...

I liked hearing you enjoyed the mussels. I know people who feel that way (food court opinions) about buffets and seafood too. When I tell them I love the Cape May Cafe dinner buffet they think I'm nuts. I'm of the mind you gotta try everything at least twice (just in case the first time was an anomaly).

Ok...I'll admit I think you're nuts...

CAPE MAY = Nast-eeee!!!
:duck:

Ok...I'll admit I think you're nuts...

CAPE MAY = Nast-eeee!!!
:duck:

Ha! Clearly you didn't have the experience I had there. Now if you asked me if I'd ever eat an item of seafood from Chef Mickey ever again you'd get a way different response.

But on the original topic, having the QS options at CBR shutdown stinks as they did have some quality items for the money / dining credit there for breakfast (breakfast quesadilla) and lunch / dinner (excellent sandwiches).

FYI, my understanding from getting off the phone with reservations, for those dates, if you are willing to stay at CBR you should be compensated $75/night per room... so at the bare minimum, get your room credit! Request it... (I was told starting May 1st, they have the authority to issue that discount)

Update - after a 1 hour and 15 minute hold to speak to Guest Services today, our 3 CBR room reservations were compensated the $75 for each night of our stay. I'm a believer! Thanks guys :)

Ha! Clearly you didn't have the experience I had there. Now if you asked me if I'd ever eat an item of seafood from Chef Mickey ever again you'd get a way different response.

But on the original topic, having the QS options at CBR shutdown stinks as they did have some quality items for the money / dining credit there for breakfast (breakfast quesadilla) and lunch / dinner (excellent sandwiches).

Yeah that's why shutting that down is such a bad idea without anything to replace it. Food courts aren't inherently bad, I enjoyed most of what I had at Pepper Market last year. But I tend to stick with the basics just for simplicity. Those kinds of spots give people the most options, especially with multi-generation families that like to visit WDW. So to take that away but leave the price the same, I just gotta shake my head at the audacity of it.

I don't think that there is a time limit on the deal. More a squeaky wheel issue. I'm with you on not wanting to be demanding and pushy but being persistent and logical can be effective. A PP mentioned that there is a disincentive for the CMs to stay on the phone too long. I would play up that angle
Well I'm on the phone with dining now but once I'm off I'm calling again

BTW - for funsies I priced out a trip from 06/02-06/05 at CBR. They're stating they only have "pirate" rooms open at a rate of $217.00 per night.

I think not....

Called again, no discount but found out a lot clearer this time that where I'll be staying has one of the alternate food courts set up and it was mentioned I'll be near the end of the construction it wasn't worth fighting for the 75 off

Called again, no discount but found out a lot clearer this time that where I'll be staying has one of the alternate food courts set up and it was mentioned I'll be near the end of the construction it wasn't worth fighting for the 75 off

If you are going during the time that others are going who are receiving the $75/night discount, that's ridiculous.

It's not ridiculous that you don't want to fight, its ridiculous that they aren't proactively offering the discount. It's ridiculous that companies make you spend an hour on the phone fighting them tooth an nail to get what they should be offering up in the first place. It's ridiculous that niceness isn't more rewarded. End rant.

ETA, I think you should still just craft an email, explain the inconvenience, and put it out there that you would certainly accept the $75/night discount to compensate. At least it wont take up anymore of your time, really, and IMO would be completely worth it.

If you are going during the time that others are going who are receiving the $75/night discount, that's ridiculous.

It's not ridiculous that you don't want to fight, its ridiculous that they aren't proactively offering the discount. It's ridiculous that companies make you spend an hour on the phone fighting them tooth an nail to get what they should be offering up in the first place. It's ridiculous that niceness isn't more rewarded. End rant.

ETA, I think you should still just craft an email, explain the inconvenience, and put it out there that you would certainly accept the $75/night discount to compensate. At least it wont take up anymore of your time, really, and IMO would be completely worth it.
Whom shall I do the email to? I never thought I'd be using that word in my life

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/help/email/

AND

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

SEND BOTH!

Tell them you *KNOW* others have been offered a discount for the inconvenience, you're facing the same inconvenience, no matter how Disney tries to spin it as "not being that bad" the point is amenities that were available when you booked are now different and impact the enjoyment of your trip. Now you'll have to spend extra to get around to other dining options and you'll accept their offer of $75 off per night gladly.

I'm actually offended on your behalf that you're having such a hard time.

Please, please follow the advice of @Madonna3

I totally get that it's a hassle and that you shouldn't have to jump through any of these hoops, and I 100% feel you on not wanting to cause trouble, but the fact is this: if Disney is doing this to you, they're doing it to everyone else. Refusing to settle might seem rude to you, but you're doing a kindness to everyone else. When Disney gets flack, they're forced to make it right. The $75 a night might not matter to you but I'm sure it does to countless families going. If some people settle for not getting the discount, it makes it easier for Disney to not give the discount out to others, as well.

I feel so bad for you, and in no way do I mean to pressure you here, I just hate to see you not get what you should. And shame on Disney that you're even in this position.

Honestly, it's why I have a high suspicion that this was done on purpose so late in the game. Sure some will fight and get discounts, but they are banking on still getting to charge premium prices as construction begins.

Here, let me write this for you:

Dear Sir/Madam:

I am writing to you to express my dissatisfaction in the way my requests for assistance have been handled. I have contacted Guest Relations via phone not once, but twice, to express the concern I have over my upcoming reservation. I am currently scheduled to check into the Caribbean Beach Resort on (FILL IN THE BLANK HERE) under reservation number (FILL IN THE BLANK HERE) with (FILL IN THE BLANK) guests, "X" adults and "X" children. It has recently come to my attention through third parties that Disney is closing down the available food options at the resort during my stay. I am disappointed that Disney a: did not notify me directly (even if you did get the email, they can't prove it) and b: announced such a closure of amenities on short notice not allowing me to better plan for my upcoming vacation. However, what is most disappointing is that I have also been able to confirm, again through third parties, that guests have been compensated for this added inconvenience, and I have not while I have requested such not once, but twice, and now three times through the Walt Disney Company. I am not interested in moving resorts as I do hold an affinity for Caribbean Beach, however, I do believe a further discount is warranted off my current rate and I would accept a discount of $75 per night. I also understand Disney is doing its best to accommodate guests for the inconvenience by adding additional food service options, but in my opinion, these do not take the place of the options I was expecting at the time that I booked and I do not find them satisfactory in nature. There have been very few details released by Disney to bring peace of mind to this situation and therefore, knowing I may have to cut into other vacation plans by traveling further for dining options and possibly longer, the room discount will help offset that loss. It is still unknown to me how my fastpass+ windows will be affected by having to travel to other resorts for dining options or even other parks, such as Disney Springs. I am also concerned that since I am so close to my trip that I may have difficulty gaining ADR's due to other guests being displaced by these, while necessary, inconvenient closures.

I do hope you can empathize with my case and will see to accommodate my requests. I look forward to hearing from you soon. You may email me at (FILL IN BLANK) or I would certainly welcome a phone call to (FILL IN BLANK) between the hours of (FILL IN BLANK)

Sincerely,

WHOEVER YOU ARE

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter