Plans have been filed for DVC expansion at Caribbean Beach Resort

It'd be interesting to an extent, but as you said earlier, way different situations. At CBR, you are losing all food options (replaced with who knows at this point). For the others, you lose one of many restaurants. And if I remember, French Quarter (a much smaller resort that could probably handle this type of thing easier) bussed people to Riverside to help handle that.
Yes they bused people over plus you have Disney Springs close enough. Disney should offer transportation to another nearby resort or something at the very least.

Just as an update they did call my friend and apologized for not being more helpful when she called yesterday. They said that after speaking with me they have a better understanding of her situation and agreed to move the family to the Boardwalk for no extra charge
It sucks it took that much work but I'm glad they got moved at no extra cost.

I would've liked an email notifying me of this. I'm calling tonight, other than avatar soft openings what should I ask for? Hearing all these doesn't make me confident that anything will happen though

I would've liked an email notifying me of this. I'm calling tonight, other than avatar soft openings what should I ask for? Hearing all these doesn't make me confident that anything will happen though

The consensus is that they are authorized to offer a $75 per night discount to existing reservations.

I wouldn't get off the phone unless that's what I've been offered/ or a switch at no cost

See this person's story:

Long story short.

I requested POFQ or POR at no additional cost, but with some circular logic applied, I wasn't eligible unless I paid the extra. Something to do with the deeply discounted rate I was already taking advantage of and it wasn't possible to move over without paying extra.

No worries though, I did manage to get $75/night discount. I know someone else posted that they also got free FPs, but the CM was so pleasant I did not want to push my luck.

So in the end I'm satisfied with the result......Not entirely happy they wouldn't move me for free to POFQ or POR, but overall a decent discount.

Just as an update they did call my friend and apologized for not being more helpful when she called yesterday. They said that after speaking with me they have a better understanding of her situation and agreed to move the family to the Boardwalk for no extra charge

To be honest...I'd accept nothing less. Tents serving food in Florida In may on 2 months notice...no way in hades.

And none of this "pay more for port" nonsense...they are exaclty the same rooms and services and they should be the same price anyway. The fact people have been paying more for years and acting like it's worth it is a huge part of the problem.

To be honest...I'd accept nothing less. Tents serving food in Florida In may on 2 months notice...no way in hades.

And none of this "pay more for port" nonsense...they are exaclty the same rooms and services and they should be the same price anyway. The fact people have been paying more for years and acting like it's worth it is a huge part of the problem.

People in the other thread discussing this says it's trailers and tents, but still no. Rationalization is not ok. Sitting inside is a whole lot different than grabbing those hurricane lunch kits in the sun. At least CSR has the amenities open.

Wait you're going to ask for early access to Pandora? That's bold but I don't think they would do that. Ask for at least a discount if not a resort move.

I just got off the phone and they said they will be setting the food court up in shutters...with AC and tables and chairs and offering the same food. Also they will NOT be offering any discount on the rooms. People wanting to move will be offered Coronado or Port Orleans. All we will eb missing is the Banana Cabana Bar and the shop.Dont shoot the messenger.!!

I just got off the phone and they said they will be setting the food court up in shutters...with AC and tables and chairs and offering the same food. Also they will NOT be offering any discount on the rooms. People wanting to move will be offered Coronado or Port Orleans. All we will eb missing is the Banana Cabana Bar and the shop.Dont shoot the messenger.!!
Not shooting the messenger but it seems everyone is getting offered different things. Some have been told they will get a set amount off the rooms.

But all that temporary rearranging is inconvenient. And when you pay that much for those rooms...it should not be...

The place costs a fortune all in

While that's a neat idea, I do not think those resorts, especially POP, could handle the additional demand.
Maybe but then again how many would take advantage. If it was me if I'm hopping on a shuttle I might as well go somewhere else of my choosing. A lot of wasted time shuttling to and back for a mediocre meal.

Wait you're going to ask for early access to Pandora? That's bold but I don't think they would do that. Ask for at least a discount if not a resort move.
I knew the answer for that would've been no I just said that teasingly. Not like reservations can control imagineering or the parks decision

But all that temporary rearranging is inconvenient. And when you pay that much for those rooms...it should not be...

IT does...I agree... I just got off the phone with them and they knocked $75 a night off my room rate and gave me free fastpasses. The alternative was choose another moderate resort. We love CBR so decided to stay.

Its funny, was watching wheel of Fortune tonight (I am an old soul in a young body), and they gave away a Trip to a Marriott in Aruba, a full service beach resort. Just for funzies I quickly popped on, googled it and looked at their rack rates (ok, not a rack rate, but a built in discount on their website, as in, there was no option to book at whatever the rack rate was, it was book at the discount or don't book) ..., a 4 star on an AMAZING beach, a junior sweet was running $227 a night, this included meals (meal credits), my literal first thought was, hey, that's what CBR costs without a bloody food court.

LOL

Last edited:
I would call again, don't settle for nothing. Get at least extra FPs for inconvenience.
I kind of want to, I didn't stand my ground at all but it kind of irks me that I missed out on the deal. Granted it's not that big of a deal for me that if I have to pay the 75 per night oh well but it does bother me that we called and got nothing out of it

I kind of want to, I didn't stand my ground at all but it kind of irks me that I missed out on the deal. Granted it's not that big of a deal for me that if I have to pay the 75 per night oh well but it does bother me that we called and got nothing out of it
Yeah with others getting something I would call back. If others were getting the same answer as you I would say otherwise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter