Plans have been filed for DVC expansion at Caribbean Beach Resort

Gondolas in a resort with a Caribbean theme. I'll have to see it but right now it sounds odd to me. Time will tell.

Gondolas in a resort with a Caribbean theme. I'll have to see it but right now it sounds odd to me. Time will tell.

It's gotta be 100% about cost efficiency...that's all I can figure.

The cable car idea fits neither the caribbean theme nor the general site lines of the area.

But...what it does is eliminate the need for beams...which killed the monorail.

It's gotta be 100% about cost efficiency...that's all I can figure.

The cable car idea fits neither the caribbean theme nor the general site lines of the area.

But...what it does is eliminate the need for beams...which killed the monorail.
While it doesn't fit the theme they don't need to be that high so sight lines might not be that big of an issue.

Where is the Centertown that they mention in the article?

This is not good. I would attempt to book another resort if I was staying there during that time period.

They're talking tents or temporary buildings.

True story: this idea was explored to redo opr in 2002...but since business was in the crapper they decided to instead shut Caribbean down for 4 months to gut it. The logistically operation of running that hotel without facilities was deemed too difficult.

Now there's a rush to do that very thing.

Now I'm thoroughly intrigued...this is contrary to a page in Caribbean history i was around for...

...what ARE they up to?

The more I see...the more I see this being more about repricing the hotel rooms...and making staying on the property a non-negotiable, high cost reality.
From the rumors the DVC portion will be considered its own thing kind of like Kidani. The rest of the resort of course is getting several changes and rumors indicate Disney wants to go away from the deluxe, mod, value model.

They're talking tents or temporary buildings.

True story: this idea was explored to redo opr in 2002...but since business was in the crapper they decided to instead shut Caribbean down for 4 months to gut it. The logistically operation of running that hotel without facilities was deemed too difficult.

Now there's a rush to do that very thing.
Disney shut down the foot court at POFQ last year but opened up their old table service location as a temporary venue along with the Grab and Go, this seems it will only have the grab and go.

That's the food court...not other service capable buildings exist.

I highly advise anyone booked there during this period to call and jump ship asap.

As I stated in an earlier post: they Know This will suck. Not enough lipstick to put on it.
The poster asked what Centertown was. I was just showing what it was.

Disney shut down the foot court at POFQ last year but opened up their old table service location as a temporary venue along with the Grab and Go, this seems it will only have the grab and go.

Right...

Couple things:
It's embarrassing bonafamille's was closed in the first place

Port has less than half the rooms than Caribbean

This is gonna suck...2,112 rooms is too many for a snack counter...there's just no way to slice it...even if Barbados is gone (likely) by then...that's till too much.

All the way out in Trini south? With no food options? And grounds wrecked with construction? For $200+ a night?

Whoooo...boy! They certainly have gotten ballsy under brave bob, huh??

The poster asked what Centertown was. I was just showing what it was.

Right...I'm
Just pointing out that it's the one area capable of being used as built...this means like burgers in the gift shop - from what it seems.

And beyond that...it's tents by the pools - as there are no service spaces there either unless you want your eggs heated up in a dryer or a bus stop.

So THATS where the tomorrowland luxury tents are going ?!?!?!

From the rumors the DVC portion will be considered its own thing kind of like Kidani. The rest of the resort of course is getting several changes and rumors indicate Disney wants to go away from the deluxe, mod, value model.

I'll be watching but anyone with a sense of WDW history should be highly skeptical with this one.

This one has major long term repercussions and once it's done, it can't be undone.

...how that search for a successor CEO coming?

I just hope that Disney is sending good, informative letters to guests. Noise and so much being shut down would make me unhappy and I doubt that I'm the only one. It'll be interesting to see what they end up doing though.

I haven't stayed at this resort in eons and don't remember the name of the food court. I thought it was Old Port Royale but that must be the overall building.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter