Planning for Feb 2003

firsttimer34

Earning My Ears
We are beginning to plan our trip to WDW for the first week of Feb 2003.

I need help! This is our second trip , but we just decided to go a couple weeks ago for our first trip to WDW and left 4 days late, so of course it wasn't a well thought out plan. But it was FUN!

Anyways, we want to DEFINITELY stay onsite. There will be 2 adults, and 2 kids 4 &7 in our party. My dh hates small hotel rooms, so I need to keep that in mind.

I have to buy airfare, after which I will have about $4000 for meals, car, passes, and hotel.

I need advice on how early I should start booking, if a package is a good way to go , and which resorts would best suit my needs listed above.

Thank YOU all sooooooo much!!! I am now officially a Disney Addict! :)

You could start to book now, especially the room. They won't know the 2003 pricing yet but you can always change that. Check out Dreams Unlimited and/or Mousesavers.com. Dreams Unlimited can be found on the main DIS page. They can both help you with discounts. Mousesavers if you decide to book on your own and Dreams Unlimited if you want someoone to do it for you. I have read many great reviews of DU on these boards.

Good luck!!

ps - I would recommend CSR. Check out my info page below

Welcome to the DIS, firsttimer34! :)

Normally a package is more expensive than booking everything separately.

Since your DH doesn't want a small hotel room, I suggest Caribbean Beach Resort because it has the largest of all the moderate resorts, they are the same size as the rooms at the Wilderness Lodge and the Animal Kingdom Lodge which are deluxe resorts. I just got back from CBR a couple of weeks ago and I created a web page with many pictures and lots of info, just click on the CBR logo below :)

$4000 is a lot of money, but unfortunately doesn't go very far in a week in Disney World to cover room, food, park passes, etc. that's why I'm recommending a moderate resort. I've stayed in Caribbean Beach resort and also the Grand Floridian and I have to say that even comparing CBR to GF, it is a beautiful, WONDERFUL resort, especially for the huge price difference! :)

Also, since you'll be staying onsite inside Disney World, you might want to rethink renting a car, unless you will be going off property to visit other places in Florida. On both of my trips, which were within the last 9 months, we didn't rent a car and found Disney transportation to be excellent. :)

Good luck in your planning! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter