Planning Ahead

ScouterJT

DIS Veteran
I'm starting to think about a WDW vacation next April (2008) -- when I go to the WDW website, I'm not able to plan that far out -- less than 12 months? how close do I have to get before I can at least get an idea of prices, etc.?

I have been having the same trouble, and I DON'T remember this being the case in the past. We go in January-February so now is the time I need to start planning. I've actually started wondering if Disney is going to do a complete overhaul of the package choices to be effective in 08. Otherwise, I'm perplexed as to why I wouldn't be able to quote a vacation 9 months in advance. Any whispers on package overhauls?

The 2008 rates should come out mid-August. I was able to book our 2006 trip on August 12, 2005. I was able to book our 2007 trip on August 15, 2006. I tried to book each trip at the end of June and was told, both times, that the next year's rates aren't published until early to mid-August.

I told the reservationist (in June) that I wanted to get an idea of what my trip would cost. She gave me a quote for 2006 rates and then she said to add about 18% to it. She said every year the packages go up about that much.

She was right on the money too. I was given a quote of a little more than $3,000.00 and the package ended up costing $3,334.69.

You should be able to call now and make a room only reservation and change it to a package later.

Hope this helps, Lisa

The room only ressies don't come up online for 2008 either, which I thought was strange, since you can book by phone. I hate to spend an hour on the phone with someone when I can do the same thing in a few minutes online.

I'm starting to think about a WDW vacation next April (2008) -- when I go to the WDW website, I'm not able to plan that far out -- less than 12 months? how close do I have to get before I can at least get an idea of prices, etc.?

Us too! We've just come back from WDW and already thinking/planning for a return visit in late April '08. Yep, I agree with everyone's responses. Online res for April '08 is not available until Aug '07 but phone res for room only is available.

My wife and I are scuba divers and haven't been since we've had our DD4. We are hoping to do a Colorado trip, Fla Keys scuba trip and then Disney trip by next April '08. Wishful thinking? :banana: Probably. :sad2:

We are going for a wedding in January 08 and have been trying to book since January 07. We can book room only, but after 26 times in Disney, our past trip in October was the most relaxing, having paid for everything including food up front. We never want to go back again with out paying for a package. I spoke to Guest Services and they do not expect packages until August. I know we planned our October trip 10 months out, but CM explained that was in the same year.

I will keep calling until it comes out.:rolleyes1

By the way this is my very first post, and maybe I am getting old, but it is taking me a long time to figure out the abbreviations, so I will learn and maybe have shorter responses in the future.

By the way this is my very first post, and maybe I am getting old, but it is taking me a long time to figure out the abbreviations, so I will learn and maybe have shorter responses in the future.

I'm with ya in terms of all the abbreviations & acronyms. Most times I try to use the full words for the many who are still trying to figure out the acronyms like myself. I saw a post a few months ago that listed many of the acronyms. I'd list it here if I knew it but I don't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter