Places to Propose at Epcot

hayesdvc

DIS Veteran
OK my DVC friends, my son is looking for ideas to propose to my future daughter in law at Epcot. He wants to do this on October 1st (35th anniversary).

Where would be a great place for him to propose?

Also, needing Photo Pass Photographer to capture the moment. Will this be an issue?

How about the bridge between UK and France - the Eiffel tower will be in the background. There's almost always a PhotoPass photographer there. Another place is in front of the fountain / flowers near Chefs - lovely spot & there is usually a photographer there as well.

The quality of the photos has never been good for me at the photographer who is near International Gateway facing France. I think they try so hard to get France in the background, the people aren't enough of a focal point of the photo.

I personally would pick England, The butterfly garden or all the way in back where it looks like you walked onto the Mary Poppins set. I bet you could get a photo pass photographer to follow if you told them the secret.

I personally would pick England, The butterfly garden or all the way in back where it looks like you walked onto the Mary Poppins set. I bet you could get a photo pass photographer to follow if you told them the secret.

It is very pretty in United Kingdom and Canada, but you seldom see Photopass photographers there. Mary Poppins and Alice are sometimes at the UK, but they do not always have photographers.

Depending on age and preference, I think La Cava del Tequila in Mexico has potential. It's dimly lit, there's tables, and plus everyone can grab a drink to celebrate!

Regarding photographers. Will it just be your son and future DIL? Or will there be others there to help coordinate. My daughter's boyfriend wanted to propose at MK at the end of our family vacation. He was not part of the vacation, but came down on our last day just for the proposal. The rest of the family was all in on the plan. On that day, boyfriend got to MK prior to us, and went to the Gardens in front of the castle. He found a photographer and told him the plans. He then sent me a picture of the photographer. We went to the Garden's under the pretense of getting some family shots. I saw the photographer (who was doing an excellent job of being visible for us to find him, but not being too available that someone else would snag him). He lined us up for our shots, and after a couple, my future SIL walked up, and asked if he could join in. Daughter was in shock, and he proposed. The photographer took about 60 pictures in the span of 3-4 minutes. And the fun part was, another Photopass photographer saw what was happening, and she took shots from another angle. Afterwards, the original photographer walked with them around MK taking a number of nice engagement photos. So if you have others who can help coordinate, the photographers truly go out of their way to take some great shots.

okay these might have changed but behind Japan was a garden - there is also one at Canada (Japan was hidden - Canada was not)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter