Placeholder booking question

allaboutthemouse

DIS Veteran
:wave2:
Hello,
Let’s say I book a cruise today with my placeholder...when the summer itineraries come out soon, if I like one of those better, can I switch cruises and still retain my 10% discount from the placeholder?
Or do I lose the 10% and stateroom credit because I am cancelling that one?
Does this make sense?
Thanks!

Hello,
Let’s say I book a cruise today with my placeholder...when the summer itineraries come out soon, if I like one of those better, can I switch cruises and still retain my 10% discount from the placeholder?
Does this make sense?
Thanks!

As long as the new cruise that you choose is within the 24 month time limit of the placeholder, yes you may change. There may be some other qualifiers there for instance if your current cruise is within PIF. It will be important when you make the change to not use the word cancel. But instead, let the cast member know that you want to alter the date of your cruise.

Hello,
Does this make sense?
Thanks!

Yes, you can switch it right over to the new cruise if you sail within your 24 month time period.
Only issue will be if its a blackout date.

Change the date. That is key - NOT "cancel." You can change the date on a booking as many times as you'd like. As long as you remain within the original 24-month-window, and the cruise is not a blackout, you can make the change. Any funds already paid to date will transfer; if the new cruise has a higher deposit you will have to pay the difference at the time you change the booking.

Enjoy your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter