• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Place/Food you want to try but never seem to work it in your schedule?

I can think of a few that I kept saying that about, but both I've FINALLY gotten to on my last few trips-
1. The Plaza
2. Tony's Town Square
3. Nine Dragons

Want to try Enchanted Rose and Top of the World, last trip we were going to do a monorail crawl... never worked out. I tell myslef there's always next time!

Boma and Sanaa!
I can't even count how many times I've probably had to cancel Boma in the last decade. I've never made an ADR for Sanaa since we never get there.
I want to try the Cheeseburger Pods at AK, but never seem to get around to it.
This is one I usually get to do. Funny thing is that while I like them, they aren't a must-do for me, lol. Yet I always do! :)

I've always wanted to try Trader Sam's! It seems like such a fun place to experience. However, we've never had the luxury of time to head to Poly to get on the list mid afternoon, and we definitely have never had the time to sit and wait in line. It's definitely on my list...someday!

I'm also anxious to try Wicked Wind Down at Top of the World Lounge. As a new DVC member, I tried to get tickets for when I was there in January and again for our trip in March, but I was out of luck both times. I'll keep trying...

I'd love to try Sanaa, Boma, or Jiko someday too. However, my family members are not adventurous enough eaters to try it with me.

I want to try the Cheeseburger Pods at AK, but never seem to get around to it.
Pro tip on these: ask for a cup of the creamy herb dressing to dip them in.

For me it's mostly TS at resorts like Jiko, Sanaa, etc. And 50s Primetime at the parks, I have had to cancel that one like 3 times on various trips for different reasons.

Basically any resort dining has evaded me for years(always shorter trips or with too big of a group etc etc etc) This year I'm finally doing Boma breakfast and Storybook Dining...hopefully they are worth the wait 🤣

I've been pretty good about working things in, but Citrico's and Toledo seem to be the two that I just can never work in. One day!
Oh Toledo's is one for us too! I wanted just DH and I to go and let my kids (adult/teen) go off and do their own thing one night. So, one night we were finally able to fit in our plans and it was on one of the two nights a week they were closed, lol.

Some day! :)

Oh Toledo's is one for us too! I wanted just DH and I to go and let my kids (adult/teen) go off and do their own thing one night. So, one night we were finally able to fit in our plans and it was on one of the two nights a week they were closed, lol.

Some day! :)
I stayed in the tower before Toledo and Dahlia (and the coffee bar) reopened and it’s one of the reasons I badly want to go back for another stay.

At this point, it’s Raglan Road and Sebastian’s Bistro - and Jiko, though it’s was only on this trip that I discovered I wanted to try it, lol.

For me, it's The Boathouse! I know it gets great reviews, but the last few trips I either haven't been able to work Disney Springs in the plans or I've prioritized other places like Wine Bar George and Jock Lindsay's (both were fantastic btw!).

My next trip is in November and we're staying at POFQ so we'll definitely be planning to take the boat to DS and I'm really hoping we make it to The Boathouse this time! BUT this time we'll have a party of 8, and I'm not sure if MDE or Open Table accepts reservations for large parties. 😭

Jock Lindsey's Hangar Bar, The Enchanted Rose, Trader Sam's and Wine Bar George are all places we've been wanting to try but finding it difficult since they're more lounges/bars than restaurants, and we have little ones.

Aside from that O'Hana and Jungle Navigation Skipper Canteen have been on my radar for awhile, and hopefully we'll be checking both out on our upcoming trip.

Boma, lot of the lounges and properly eating and drinking around the world.

Boma is just so far out of the way. I had it booked last trip but they raised the prices. I thought $35 for a non character breakfast plus the hassle of transportation wasn't worth it.

As for the lounges, I travel with a teenager and she would rather be in the parks than sitting at a lounge having a drink and snack. She does love HBD lounge. We've done it more than once on some trips. I wanted to try Nomad and Baseline Tap House but we never made it.

Properly eating and drinking around the world during F&W even though I've been during F&W twice (I've done the whole eating and drinking during a non festival time). The lines are so long during F&W for just a bite of food. I just give up after 1-2 booths, mostly because DD is more over it than i am. I'm hoping to do F&G which I hear has lower crowds than F&W.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter