Pixie Dusted today...we were upgraded!!

seaprincess

Mouseketeer
Hello everyone! I had to share my good news with you! I was on my way home, stuck in traffic, so I called home to check the messages. My machine replied, you have one new message...so I waited and what I heard made my day! It was a DCL representative calling to tell me that the Handicapped Accessible Stateroom (Cat. 6) we booked over a year ago would be out of service for our sailing on December 13th. Uh-oh, I thought, where are they going to put us? So, the lady then said, we have given you a complimentary upgrade, get this....to a Catagory 3 Handicapped Accessible Suite!!!!! I dropped the phone on the floorboard and almost ran into the person in front of me!

I did not believe what I heard, so I called home again and listened to the message once more. So, I did hear right. So just to be sure, I called the number to Castaway Club and the lady confirmed it!!!!!!!!! Yeah!:dance3:This was the nicest surprise I have ever gotten.

This year has been a difficult and tragic one for me as I just lost my husband to Brain Cancer in September. I was going to go this journey alone and at the last minute, my Mom agreed to accompany me. I thought that was blessing enough. Now I prefer to think of this upgrade as a gift from heaven. I know my Dear Husband, Benjamin, is smiling down and will be sailing with me in my heart!:littleangel:

Just thought I would share the news! Happy Holidays everyone!:santa:

What a great message to hear and even better you didn't end up in an accident upon hearing it. You and your mom will have a great cruise with your Beloved Benjamin watching over both of you.

My mom just stayed in a handicapped cat 3 a few weeks ago, and LOVED the room!
You deserve the upgrade, have the best and most magical cruise ever! :goodvibes

How wonderful for you!!! :yay:

I've been following your journey on the other board and this is something you so deserve. I know you thought about not going at one point - pixie dust from Disney and possibly a special angel looking down and watching out for you!!

Enjoy!!!

Congrats on getting a wonderful upgrade! May you two have fun on the cruise and may a special angel be watching down on you both as well. :)

Seaprincess! Well, you really are a princess at sea!! :) I am so very sorry about your dear husband, but what a special reminder at the holidays that angels are around us!

Have a glorious trip and hope it's a magical sailing of memories for Mom and Daughter!!

Tara

I love hearing stories of deserving people like you getting such nice upgrades. I hope you and your mom have a wonderful trip - you deserve it.

Thank you all so much for your kind thoughts! I am looking so forward to the cruise and am packing as we speak! I can not think of a better tribute to my husband than sailing away into the sunset and enjoying all our memories!
I will share our experiences when I return! Have a Magical Day!!:grouphug:

Hello everyone! I had to share my good news with you! I was on my way home, stuck in traffic, so I called home to check the messages. My machine replied, you have one new message...so I waited and what I heard made my day! It was a DCL representative calling to tell me that the Handicapped Accessible Stateroom (Cat. 6) we booked over a year ago would be out of service for our sailing on December 13th. Uh-oh, I thought, where are they going to put us? So, the lady then said, we have given you a complimentary upgrade, get this....to a Catagory 3 Handicapped Accessible Suite!!!!! I dropped the phone on the floorboard and almost ran into the person in front of me!

I did not believe what I heard, so I called home again and listened to the message once more. So, I did hear right. So just to be sure, I called the number to Castaway Club and the lady confirmed it!!!!!!!!! Yeah!:dance3:This was the nicest surprise I have ever gotten.

This year has been a difficult and tragic one for me as I just lost my husband to Brain Cancer in September. I was going to go this journey alone and at the last minute, my Mom agreed to accompany me. I thought that was blessing enough. Now I prefer to think of this upgrade as a gift from heaven. I know my Dear Husband, Benjamin, is smiling down and will be sailing with me in my heart!:littleangel:

Just thought I would share the news! Happy Holidays everyone!:santa:

I took my girls on our first Disney cruise just 6 months after I lost my husband. It was the first time my girls had really smiled in a long time, and it was a magical healing week for all of us. I used to go up to Deck 10 and talk to Fred every evening and tell him all about our day.

We've since sailed the Magic many more times, but that first one will always have a special place in my heart. Have a wonderful time!

Wow, Fawn, that really made me smile! Thanks for sharing with me. I talk a lot to him and it makes me smile. There is nothing like being at sea to refresh and heal. I hope that it will be as therapeutic for me as it was for you!

Lisa:hug:

This is the best news I've heard all day. Congrats to you and your mom. You will have a wonderful cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!