Pixie Dust, or Pixie MOUNTAIN? A Grand (Roy) Disney TR *NEW TR LINK 8/11!*

img_e8849-jpg.369677

CM: "Kids, it's THIS big!"
Kid in the red shirt: "But dude, I swear I don't see it!"
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: I am D-Y-I-N-G. And for the record I agree with the kid. Do NOT see it either

img_8858-jpg.369672

This was absolutely delicious! OMG I loved this and almost got another one but the line was crazy, it was nice and moist inside (I said moist :P) and the tomato aioli lent so much extra flavor! This booth hadn't been on our radar but we were pretty hungry walking in to WS and it happen to catch our eye, and I'm very glad it did!
Both of your items looks great, though I'd totally be with you. Fried empanada trumps grilled chicken any day of the week.

img_8870-jpg.369831

Don't leave me! For all the times in past TR's I've commented that I am not a Frozen fan, I really kind of enjoy the ride :duck: Plus we never ride when the boys are with us, nor will I stand in line more than like, 15 minutes for it.......so I chose to pixie dust myself with a ride on FEA. And that's that!
I could not for the life of me figure out what you were riding. I thought maybe you were at the Beach Club :P

img_8881-jpg.369835

Housekeeping had filled the bowl with flowers when they came in for turn-down service :daisy::rose:
Man, you really are slummin' it aren't ya :P #RoughLife

Andy and I felt the same way when we saw the dancing Rats the one night.
LMAO rats :squirrel: (closest I could find)
BTW, after some shopping tonight Steve and I went to Whistling Willie's for drinks and apps, and I thought of you :hug: Really would like to get together with you and Andy when you come up after the new year!

It could have been worse.. I will allow it. You did go all the way to Animal Kingdom to use it for a good one..
True, I tried to use it on something more FP-worthy

Also, I feel TOTALLY overwhelmed this year with the holidays as well. It is crazyiness!
Well you go all-out with your Elf, that alone takes so much planning and time :faint: I am not sad we don't do that anymore lol. I'm about a third done with my Xmas cards and half way done with my shopping so I'm getting there slowly......

I guess this was a Food & Wine booth? I don't remember hearing about this one.
Yes, it was actually inside the Festival Center so not quite a booth. And I believe this was the first year they had it, too!

Confession: I've never had a mimosa. It sounds good though. Do guys drink mimosas? Or is this another girly drink that I am perfectly happy drinking even though I maybe shouldn't?
:rotfl2:Honestly I cannot offhand think of any time I've been with a guy who has been drinking a mimosa! But I don't think you'd get arrested in the U. S. of A for doing so :scratchin We have a friend who openly and happily enjoys "girly" drinks, and is proud of it!

I didn't hear about this party either. I'm usually pretty good keeping up on Disney news and rumors.
Surprisingly I hadn't heard about this before we stumbled on to it either, and I had clients going down right after me. I only concentrated on reading up on the booths and concerts, not so much the "kid" stuff, but it's nice that they added it during the festival for the kids.

rarely get around to seeing any of the bands or entertainment at Epcot. We're always rushing to meet a Princess or get on a ride. I really think I could spend a couple days at Epcot myself and be perfectly happy.
Oh I'm sure you could! Steve and I spend much more time there when we don't have the kids. SO much of the entertainment alone is worth seeing.

#ChristmasGamePlan
It'll be needed this year for sure :eek:

Why are those nachos so good? We love them too but they really aren't anything special. Maybe it's the atmosphere?
lol I don't know, maybe because they're simple, down to earth nachos :laughing:

And what they changed the cheese? Is it white? I know some of that is sour cream but is some of it cheese? This is life altering news to me for some reason. Maybe I should have eaten lunch today.
Yes! But no none of that in my pic is actually sour cream it's all the new white cheese, but I like it better than the old cheese. It's more flavorful to me, and a little thinner but not too thin. I kinda hope they stick with the white cheese! However I agree it's pretty big news for us nacho fans and needs to be discussed :chat:

No judgement here. I like the frozen ride. Partly because it was my daughter, Brynn's, first movie that she really was into.
Well :thanks: And your reason for understanding is a very good one :goodvibes

So pretty! Last week on a tour we went to the Disney Florist areas. They do so many flower arrangements! Very cool!
Ooh, which tour? I should probably know which one you took :blush: I would love to learn more about the floral dept!

The nachos at the Mexican QS is one of my favorites, yummy
That's pretty much my fave Epcot WS QS!

I so feel your pain.... I just got back from PEI today,
And again I am so sorry for you loss Susan, I unfortunately know what it's like to lose someone so close to you. Add that it's close to the holiday season and it adds to the pain. I know deep down you understand Shirley is now out of pain and she no longer has to push herself to be strong, but that doesn't make it easier :hug:

have next to no shopping done, have to decorate, still don't have a tree AND have to pick Jack up from university on Sunday! My advice.....coffee with Baileys! That will be my beverage of choice Christmas morning!
:laughing: I'll raise my glass to you as I eat breakfast here in NY! And safe travels tomorrow as you go collect Jack :goodvibes

Love British Revolution!
They really get you jumpin'! I love having some rock n roll in Epcot.

I just ordered my cards today and they are supposed to come between 12/19-12/21…and I was too cheap to even spring for expedited shipping, so there is no guarantees they'll even come then! I figure as long as they are out by New Year's, I'm good :P
I have a friend who always sends "Happy New Year" cards out so she doesn't even have to worry about getting them done before Christmas. She sits down on like, Dec. 27th and writes them out.

Eh…I was reading your TRs long before the Roy Suite and I'll continue to read after :-)

Yep, love me some nachos too. I'm still bitter that Jock Lindsey's got rid of theirs. They were truly soooooo good!!!
:hug:

Slowly! Sllooooooowly feeling bettter. Not the neck of course, but the awful cold I had/have is starting to ease up. I am still coughing and my nose is still pretty stuffy, but at least I don't feel as crappy with fevery stuff.
That's a start. My memory is shot so forgive me, but did you mention in your TR whether or not you see a chiropractor? I see one, she's not a "regular" chiropractor but rather an atlas orthogonal Dr. or chiropractic. I know it sounds weird but she's helped me immensely with some hip problems I was having. There aren't many of them around but if you aren't seeing a chiropractor or feel yours isn't quite working, it's something to search for.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2: I am D-Y-I-N-G. And for the record I agree with the kid. Do NOT see it either
He was an interesting CM, that's for sure! Very happy and into his position :dancer:

Both of your items looks great, though I'd totally be with you. Fried empanada trumps grilled chicken any day of the week.
Fried anything trumps :-)scratchin) grilled anything, any day.

I could not for the life of me figure out what you were riding. I thought maybe you were at the Beach Club :P
Um nope, only if there was a crap-*** scaffolding disguised as a balcony hanging off one of the windows of the Harbormaster's building would it be the Beach Club :P

Man, you really are slummin' it aren't ya :P #RoughLife
It was rough, I tell ya!

Ooh, which tour? I should probably know which one you took :blush: I would love to learn more about the floral dept!
It was the Yuletide Fantasy tour. Highly recommend! Got to see the Holiday Services warehouse, then the special events building (where they do the floral stuff as well as the gift baskets), and then gingerbread decorating at Amorettes.

Though I would pay good money for a tour that spent the whole day going to all the storage warehouses on property! Especially the Holiday warehouse when the trees are there (though you’d be surprised to see just how many decorations still are in the warehouse when you consider everything else out on property!)

It was the Yuletide Fantasy tour. Highly recommend! Got to see the Holiday Services warehouse, then the special events building (where they do the floral stuff as well as the gift baskets), and then gingerbread decorating at Amorettes.

Though I would pay good money for a tour that spent the whole day going to all the storage warehouses on property! Especially the Holiday warehouse when the trees are there (though you’d be surprised to see just how many decorations still are in the warehouse when you consider everything else out on property!)

that tour sounds amazing! Disney could/would make bank (even more than they already do?) offering more of these behind the scenes/backstage tours.

Both look sooooooo good!

You had me at soft serve and chocolate ::yes::

Don't leave me! For all the times in past TR's I've commented that I am not a Frozen fan, I really kind of enjoy the ride :duck: Plus we never ride when the boys are with us, nor will I stand in line more than like, 15 minutes for it.......so I chose to pixie dust myself with a ride on FEA. And that's that!
No judgment and to be honest even though the main reason I booked FEA dessert party was to enjoy Illuminations I'm also looking forward to riding FEA afterwards :goodvibes

Another lovely surprise :flower1:

e
That's a start. My memory is shot so forgive me, but did you mention in your TR whether or not you see a chiropractor? I see one, she's not a "regular" chiropractor but rather an atlas orthogonal Dr. or chiropractic. I know it sounds weird but she's helped me immensely with some hip problems I was having. There aren't many of them around but if you aren't seeing a chiropractor or feel yours isn't quite working, it's something to search for.

Hey Lady!

No, I haven't. But I am going to PT starting soon. They are going to try some traction on it to see if they can create a bit more space there where the stenoses are. Hopefully that will give some relief. Chiropractic care isn't covered under my insurance so have been reluctant to pony up for it.

Had a chance to read the last update and am surprised by your FiP choice. ;) And in the spirit of honesty, I enjoy the ride too. LOL!

Totally putting that empanada on my list for next year!! Totally! I'll pass the the banana thing though. Banana... YUCK!! But I never made it to the Mimosa bar even though it was on my list. I think there was a Key Lime one that I had my eye on.

That arrangement was incredibly beautiful! WoW! I adore fresh flowers and would love to come home to those during my stay. :cloud9:

although I'll be in my room with my sister most of the day doing this :drinking1

Nice!! Sounds like a good holiday to me!

Where I got the Tropical Mimosa:Sparkling Wine and Pomegranate, Orange and Grapefruit Juices

Yum! At least it sounds good...sorry it was a bit disappointing

so I chose to pixie dust myself with a ride on FEA.

I see nothing wrong with this, I love this ride myself!

we're having almost 30 people here on Christmas day :scared1:
:eek:

although I'll be in my room with my sister most of the day doing this :drinking1
I think you've already found the remedy ;) Best of luck!

Yum - your food selections looked amazing! The soft serve thing wouldn't have necessarily called to me prior to seeing it, but between the picture and your description... I'm sold :thumbsup2 And of course the nachos and I are already well acquainted :laughing:

Looks like you made a great call heading back to EPCOT to finish out your evening! That empanada looks great!

That flower arrangement was so pretty! I feel like that whole stay had to feel like a pinch me moment! lol

No judgment and to be honest even though the main reason I booked FEA dessert party was to enjoy Illuminations I'm also looking forward to riding FEA afterwards :goodvibes
I almost booked the FEA party for our Thanksgiving trip, but they weren't having it any night that I wanted it. My friend did it and said the desserts were AWESOME, and I can't get the boys to ride the ride lol, so I figured this way we'd have some good sweets and maybe they'd feel obligated to ride :laughing:

Chiropractic care isn't covered under my insurance so have been reluctant to pony up for it.
Ugh that stinks, but I hope the p/t works!

Had a chance to read the last update and am surprised by your FiP choice. ;) And in the spirit of honesty, I enjoy the ride too. LOL!
It's really grown on me!

I see nothing wrong with this, I love this ride myself!
I specifically really love when we go backward, it brings me fond memories of Maelstorm :guilty: Being not so much a Frozen fan I can take or leave most of the animatronics although Sven is totally cute!

um - your food selections looked amazing! The soft serve thing wouldn't have necessarily called to me prior to seeing it, but between the picture and your description... I'm sold :thumbsup2
Yup I was surprised at myself as I was buying it lol! But man it hit the spot and was soooo much better than it sounds!

And of course the nachos and I are already well acquainted :laughing:
#nacholove

Lucky duck!!!! :)
:goodvibes
I brought it up once - once - and Steve was like :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

That flower arrangement was so pretty! I feel like that whole stay had to feel like a pinch me moment! lol
It really did, and I like to close my eyes & remember those moments because I don't expect that kind of trip to come our way again!

How's everyone doing with being holiday-ready? I shopped today from 10-2 and still have more to do, and I have approx. ONE gift wrapped. By this time most years' I usually have like, 10 gifts wrapped...............which made it even better to stop and book our Jan. trip last night! Very quick but still looking forward to it. No FP's or dining reservations yet to speak of and it may be another few days before any of that happens, but who cares? It's mostly to check out Festival of the Arts since last year I really only saw some decorations and sampled the Morocco booth when Cathy and I were there. I AM going to try and get the new rhino tour at AK though, which I meant to do today and forgot :rolleyes: Chances are it's booked but worth a shot!
We fly in early on the 20th, landing at 9:15, but leave early on the 23rd, too, so we do have 3 full days in the parks. Once I have an idea of what we're doing I'll post some details!

The Jalepenos are S(kill)etin' It!
Day 4 Part 1
Today was a bit of a different kind of day for us, as we weren't going to a park until LATER. We don't usually do that! And I was looking forward to it since I got to sleep in a little in the morning, much to Steve's dismay. He's up by 6-6:30 regardless of where we are or what we're doing but I'd sleep until 10 am every day if I could!
We started with breakfast in the lounge, but I only have a picture of my plate:

IMG_8885.JPG

That's a nice little spinach Florentine frittata, a deviled egg with chives, Disney's famous cheese danish and a weird donut with sugary sweet stuff on it.
The frittata was good and of course it goes without saying that the cheese danish was delicous; the deviled egg was ok. The other donut was weird like I said so I went back for another cheese danish and another frittata. I believe Steve stuck with a bagel since he isn't a big breakfast eater.

By late morning we made our way to our first destination of the day, Disney Springs, and I got to see some of their fall decorations:

IMG_8893.JPG

IMG_8895.JPG

We had some time until our lunch ADR so we walked around and actually did a nice bit of shopping! I bought some good stuff, mostly clothes which I posted before we left for our Thanksgiving trip so I won't post them again. We did go into Uniqlo and besides a BaTB shirt for me, Steve found 3 pairs of shorts which is weird because he rarely buys himself anything on vacation. They weren't Disney shorts but hey, he shopped!

I took a picture of the brunch menu for Maria and Enzo's because it looks really good!

IMG_8898.JPG

Notice "endless bellini or mimosa" in the middle which is what caught my eye initially :D If we'd be there on a Sunday next month I'd book this, but even though we're landing early I don't want to chance it given NY, January, snow.

Eventually we made it to our lunch destination, which was somewhere we almost ate at for the first time with the kids back in March: House of Blues. We ended up cancelling back then since we like to switch things up day of, but we both wanted to get back here since the menu looked so good.

First up were drinks:

IMG_8899.JPG

Steve, surprisingly, had a mule:

Hound Dog Mule
New Amsterdam vodka, watermelon, lime, ginger beer

He liked this! The watermelon, which isn't normally in a mule, wasn't strong at all but did add a delightful bit of sweetness to it. He didn't say that, I just interpreted his comments into those words.
In another surprising turn of events I ordered their sangria:

Memphis Blues Sangria
red wine, brandy, fresh fruits and juices
What was surprising is that I did not like this. AT. ALL. Hated it. Hated it so much I actually didn't finish it, and I'll finish lots of alcohol I don't particularly like. I prefer white but like enough red sangria's and now that I'm a grown up I've even recently started liking some red wines, but this was just not good at all. No hint of fruits in it that I could find. Very dry which I don't like yet. Oh well, I'll allow one fail.

Some interior pics-
Ceiling, because I know you all wanted to see it:

IMG_8900.JPG

And this artwork that was on the wall by my seat:

IMG_8903.JPG

Yeah not sure what's going on but it's actually kind of cool in a weird sort of way and I guarantee the story behind it is New Orleans neat!

Oh, close up of Steve's copper mule mug which we brought home:

IMG_8902.JPG

Next, the app we ordered to share:
Jalapeno Cheese Cornbread - served in a skillet with honey butter

IMG_8901.JPG

Can you say drool?? Can you say, Ariane wanted to eat this whole thing herself? This was so freakin' good - although I admit I haven't met a Disney cornbread I don't like. I also don't like jalepeno but in the cornbread, OMG. It was not overpowering; it gave the bread just enough heat to make it interesting. We were cutting this puppy up into slices that resembled birthday cake and didn't stop until there was hardly any left. The honey butter cut down a bit of the heat too in a good way.

I hate to cut off this update before our entrees but I only have room for one more picture, and this one needs to be shown! Our little peanut, Hayden Olivia :love: She'll be 6 months old on Christmas day and she's starting to be fun! She reaches for everything, plays with toys, laughs like crazy and when Grandpa is holding her she'll reach towards Grandma :goodvibes Mom and Dad are bringing her over early on Christmas Day so she can get settled in and comfy before our other millions of family members arrive and overwhelm her.

IMG_0440.JPG

I will do my best to finish up House of Blues and our before MNSSHP hours before the holiday!

Last edited:
I only have room for one more picture, and this one needs to be shown! Our little peanut, Hayden Olivia :love: She'll be 6 months old on Christmas day and she's starting to be fun! She reaches for everything, plays with toys, laughs like crazy and when Grandpa is holding her she'll reach towards Grandma :goodvibes Mom and Dad are bringing her over early on Christmas Day so she can get settled in and comfy before our other millions of family members arrive and overwhelm her.

img_0440-jpg.370958

Oh my goodness, what a precious little bean!! :lovestruc She's beautiful, Ariane! You must all be just smitten with her. Sending lots of love your way for Hayden's first Christmas!

but wanted to say Steve and I are doing a VERY quick trip in Jan!
YAY!!!!!! How exciting!

How's everyone doing with being holiday-ready?
:scared1: <-- does this sum it up for you?! :laughing: I'm also moving on Dec. 28, just to add a bit of extra fun to the already crazy-hectic holiday season :faint: :rotfl:

He didn't say that, I just interpreted his comments into those words.
:rotfl2:

Our little peanut, Hayden Olivia :love:
What a beautiful baby!!! :goodvibes

We are going to try and do the Rhino tour in January. I haven’t booked it yet either.

I love cornbread, yum!

Grand baby so precious, she is petite little sweetie, love her Christmas outfit!

YAY for your January trip!!!!!!

Holy Crap!!!! Hayden is adorable and I absolutely looooove her Christmas dress! She looks like a package wrapped up in bows.:love:

How's everyone doing with being holiday-ready?
Ugh! I have all of my shopping done, but need to wrap pretty much everything! And it is stressing me out!

which made it even better to stop and book our Jan. trip last night! Very quick but still looking forward to it.
Exciting! I do wish you were going to be going when me and Kari willl be there. But still exciting none the less!

Steve, surprisingly, had a mule:
Hound Dog Mule
New Amsterdam vodka, watermelon, lime, ginger beer

He liked this! The watermelon, which isn't normally in a mule, wasn't strong at all but did add a delightful bit of sweetness to it. He didn't say that, I just interpreted his comments into those words.
In another surprising turn of events I ordered their sangria:

Memphis Blues Sangria
red wine, brandy, fresh fruits and juices
What was surprising is that I did not like this. AT. ALL. Hated it. Hated it so much I actually didn't finish it, and I'll finish lots of alcohol I don't particularly like. I prefer white but like enough red sangria's and now that I'm a grown up I've even recently started liking some red wines, but this was just not good at all. No hint of fruits in it that I could find. Very dry which I don't like yet. Oh well, I'll allow one fail.
First, I love that I could order you guys drinks and at least know that you would like what I picked...

And bummer on the Sangria. I do feel like it can taste different depenting on how it is made.

She is adorable! Have a great Christmas with her. And they have a good plan. It will be an exhausting day for that munchikin.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter