Pixie Dust, or Pixie MOUNTAIN? A Grand (Roy) Disney TR *NEW TR LINK 8/11!*

Nor have I taken Mike into CBJ. I think we'll have to check it out next trip :thumbsup2
That's surprising! You definitely should since it's not sine thing he'll have to take a bench for :rotfl2:

Mmmmm, dreaming of those onion rolls and roasted garlic!!
You and me both :cloud9:

Darn school. I can't wait until I don't have to plan my life/Disney trips around it starting in May!!!
I understand, but think how proud you'll feel when you're done with school! And then your Sisney trip will be filled with "no worries" :goodvibes

Ariane, you're speaking my language... as you so often do!
#snacksistas :hug:
Looking forward to coordinating our fast Passes!!!
Yes! Going to discuss them as soon as I get back!!

Have a great trip. Tell Mickey we are coming!!!!
Will do lol and enjoy your trip also!

img_0792-jpg.380278
KN1a.gif
Just love these nacho's

Some really cool folks had brought the sheets off their beds and spread them out ON THE ROCKS RIGHT AT THE EDGE OF THE WATER BY THE BOAT DOCK
o_O

I heard the same music and booked it back over towards the Country Bears because I knew this hoedown would be happening and some of my buddies would be out!
I’ve never caught these guys. I don’t remember seeing anything in the times guide so I guess it’s just luck. Unless I missed something.

Great end to a nice trip.

Three days until Disney! Weather looks decent, Stepson #2 is stopping over tomorrow to get his directions lol. I started packing lightly tonight. Really getting excited, work has been crazy and I need a break!
Zero days now. Can't wait to hear all about it!!!

'll be making most of them with my sister from another mister Kari @kastoney , the awesome Kelly @buzzrelly , and of course Jenny and Joe!
:grouphug::hug::drinking1

HoP. It's been years since I did this; we did it with the kids once but neither really remember, and the kids AND Steve always confuse it with the American Adventure over in Epcot :sad2:
Quite scholarly! We've never done it with Casey and I think the last time was when I was pregnant with her and trying to escape the heat. I figure we'll do it at some point she is learning more about the Presidents at school and I can make her learn on vacation :P

I did take a couple pictures in the lobby for my mom, who has worked at the county Girl Scout Council for over 20 years:
I got suckered into being the cookie Mom for our troop again :scared1:

we were making our way out of Frontierland when I heard some tinkling music......wait, I know that sound! I heard it before! On a visit last year with my good friend and fellow TA Cathy, I heard the same music and booked it back over towards the Country Bears because I knew this hoedown would be happening and some of my buddies would be out!
I'll have to keep an eye out for this. Casey would LOVE IT!

could watch HEA from there and I love watching from their deck. Dinner was spectacular, again!!!! Yup we both had the cheesecake. Shortly before 9 a bunch of us bundled up and went out on the deck for the fireworks:
I think we are gonna eat here next week since we'll be so close, but of course no plans as of yet :P

Well, now we're back at French Quarter which is NOT new to us, although it's been 5 years :) Steve wasn't thrilled with CBR but I'll get there someday! You can do DVC resorts without owning though! We've stayed at most. Other than 2 of the all stars here's what I have left:
Contemporary
CBR
POR
Boulder Ridge although since I've stayed on the Copper Creek side and numerous times at WL and will be back as many more times as possible since it's my fave, I consider the entire resort as one and don't technically need to stay at BRV to complete my list :thumbsup2

YOu don't have very far to go!! I have more than twice that, but am making good progress. CBR, CSR, and WL will all be knocked off in the next months. :D

Awesome! I loved the ambiance. The food wasn't the best Mexican we'd ever had but it was still good, plus I can get my Avocado Margarita there :drinking1 I hope you enjoy it!

I wonder if you can get ANY of the margs there that they serve in The Ditch. ?? Enquiring Minds....

I guess in man terms it's not suggesting it :faint:

LOL!!! I guess!

We used a couple FP's in Frontierland and Adventureland; we were making our way out of Frontierland when I heard some tinkling music......wait, I know that sound! I heard it before! On a visit last year with my good friend and fellow TA Cathy, I heard the same music and booked it back over towards the Country Bears because I knew this hoedown would be happening and some of my buddies would be out!

brabbit-jpg.382676

Such a fun mini parade? Thing? Dance Party?

We had dinner coming up in a bit but also needed something sugary and crunchy in between lol.

Then I'd say you chose very well!

and booked Narcoossees for our final dinner.

Definitely on my list to try someday!

Some really cool folks had brought the sheets off their beds and spread them out ON THE ROCKS RIGHT AT THE EDGE OF THE WATER BY THE BOAT DOCK to watch HEA. I kept waiting for a CM to tell them to get their stupid butts out of there but nobody did; I mean their legs were probably 5 feet from the water although they were up on an incline a bit. A BIT.

:scared:

Of course no meet and greets and really no pictures except for the lucky guests they pluck from the audience, but I was happy just watching my Br'er bros and their friends. Before leaving the area we picked up Deez Nutz :D

You are definitely the Mom of teenage boys! :rotfl: no denying that! haha

Some really cool folks had brought the sheets off their beds and spread them out ON THE ROCKS RIGHT AT THE EDGE OF THE WATER BY THE BOAT DOCK to watch HEA. I kept waiting for a CM to tell them to get their stupid butts out of there but nobody did; I mean their legs were probably 5 feet from the water although they were up on an incline a bit. A BIT.

Why are people so dumb? Like that is just asking for trouble or for someone to fall in and something bad to happen again. Or even just hit their head falling in! I'm just as surprised as you that no CM told them to not do that. Especially considering how many rules there are just for being in the pools but yet do something actually potentially dangerous and they're like thats cool :confused3 crazy!

I'm back again! I swear I catch up, and then time gets away from me, and by the time I get back I've missed like 6 pages!! :eek:

Your Morimoto review makes me feel good about my decision to book it as our DS dinner this time. :)

OMG your encounter with Geir Ness made me laugh!! :rotfl:

Just this morning I booked Citricos for our trip this summer, so I'll have to remember to ask for Rony's section! Hopefully he'll be there when we go and I can say you sent us!

How cool!

I love your birthday trip plans! I hope you're currently having a wonderful time! Can't wait to hear about it! Yak and Yeti may not be fancy, but we've consistently had good meals there for a reasonable price the last couple of times we've been, so I hope it was a good experience for you.

YES!!!!!!! If I had a nickel for every time during our 31 years of marriage I heard " you never told me that " I could buy DVC
LOL! Truth! If I tell Steve something "too early" he forgets. But then if I wait until he actually NEEDS to know, he's not happy I didn't tell him earlier :rolleyes:

I read through this whole thing yesterday. Amazingly, as late as I am, I didn't miss the end of the trip! I had a great time catching up with your trips/life over the past few months and seeing the story behind some of the things I've seen on Facebook. I showed my DH your suite pictures and he officially hates y'all. :laughing:
I remember seeing all your "likes" coming through :laughing: So happy you're following along! I'll cross my fingers you guys get special pixie dust this summer pixiedust:

Your granddaughter is so sweet! I hope you get lots of chance to be with her. :)
Thanks Sue! Luckily they live right around the corner so I see her every week :goodvibes Just waiting until her parents decide others are capable enough to babysit lol and looking forward to our next grandchild coming in July!

It will be a lot warmer than your January trip.
We got back yesterday; WAY warmer! Beautiful weather :sunny:

We will miss you by two days. We arrive on Feb 23rd and are really looking forward to warm weather
You leave tomorrow, have a warm, wonderful trip!

My sister lived in Japan for a short time when her husband was there for his job. They went to dinner at a Japanese home one night and everyone takes their shoes off and puts on "room shoes" (slippers) when they enter a home. They have a separate set of "room shoes" to change into when using the bathroom. She forgot to change into the bathroom slippers, which did not go over well with the hosts. :)
Interesting, although not awfully surprising given Japan. I bet the hosts were mad! I have come across a few people in my days who require visitors put hospital booties on when we enter their homes. Not just take off our shoes which is fine, but wear hospital booties.................

I'm sure for this short solo trip CBR will be just fine though
I completely didn't even think to ask you what you thought of it! I'll have to read your report :)

ust love these nacho's
::yes::

I’ve never caught these guys. I don’t remember seeing anything in the times guide so I guess it’s just luck
It's one of those things that's not in the Times Guide, just happens supposedly randomly, but around 5:20ish most days right outside Country Bears :thumbsup2

I got suckered into being the cookie Mom for our troop again :scared1:
:rotfl2:

I'll have to keep an eye out for this. Casey would LOVE IT!
I hope you guys find it!

CBR, CSR, and WL will all be knocked off in the next months. :D
Awesome! I have 3 more trips planned this year but all are at WL. Which is fine by me, but I guess I'll have to force myself to stay elsewhere next year! At least I knocked Movies off our list last month and last year added the GF :goodvibes

Such a fun mini parade? Thing? Dance Party?
Hoedown? Country dance party maybe? We can just call it "unexpected characters moseying and yeehawing in the street"

You are definitely the Mom of teenage boys! :rotfl: no denying that! haha
:rotfl2:yes! But luckily the whole thing has died down. I few years ago I couldn't ask any of my nephews, my boys, or most of their friends ANY question, because the answer they'd all give me - regardless of what was asked, was "DEEZ NUTS" :faint:

I'm back again!
:wave: I'm always super happy to see you drop by Meghan :hug:

OMG your encounter with Geir Ness made me laugh!! :rotfl:
It was so cool! We actually looked for him this week but no luck. It's going to be my new thing whenever I walk by the Norway pavilion.

ust this morning I booked Citricos for our trip this summer, so I'll have to remember to ask for Rony's section! Hopefully he'll be there when we go and I can say you sent us!
Glad you're going there! Definitely ask for Rony, I hope you get him. You can tell him Steve and Ariane, your friends from NY, told me to ask for you :love:
I love your birthday trip plans! I hope you're currently having a wonderful time!
We had a very good time, thank you! Weather was so gorgeous!

Here goes Ariane posting pictures of naked nuts again...
You have to with boys. Nuts are a huge part of my every day :tiptoe:

I know you are having a wonderful time at WDW and can’t wait to hear all about it when you get back!
We did, especially that meal at Tutto Gusto :cloud9: Divine!

Hi guys! Back from my quick b-day trip! I'm hoping to get to our last day of our Sept. trip (remember that's how this all started lol) but wanted to let you all know I actually started a dining report :P No idea if this link will work because you know how I am at these things but going to try:

Dessert before Dinner: a trifecta of dining reports?[/URL

Stop by if you want! Just a boring intro so far but more to come soon :car:

Yay!!! Your link works. You know I’m in. I can feel my waistline expanding already!!!

Finally caught up again, but of course I forgot to multi-quote!

Also, are you still coming out to Disneyland this spring? I thought I remembered something about that?

We managed to make it to MK shortly after opening and went right to BTMRR. Do any of you remember the movie "The Apple Dumpling Gang"? This was my 100% favorite movie when I was a kid, I watched it over and over and they used to show it at my catholic elementary school like every other month. If you aren't familiar with it, find it and watch it! Don Knotts and Tim Conway at their best. Anyway, there are lots of nods to the Apple Dumpling Gang on BTMMR:

img_0752-jpg.380276
I loooved that movie! Probably rented it from Blockbuster a bunch of times (I was obsessed with that area of the store)!

It was all pretty interesting, the acrobat guys were ok but the Disney Artist painting (while cool music was playing and they must have told him he needed to dance a bit while painting, that was a bit awkward) he was fun to watch! And yes the paintings they do are for sale afterwards.......
It was then time for us to get in line for the part of the festival I'd been most excited for, the Animation Academy! I know many of you remember when it was in HS
I wish I could have seen the artist show. I met one of them at a talk he was giving on Disney art and he seemed pretty eccentric and prone to dance anyways!

Hello everyone! I feel like it's been awhile :scratchin but I'm back to finish the end of our Sept. trip! You guys remember that?
I believe I left off towards the end of our MNSSHP so let's go back in time (imagine wavy lines going up and down like on Wayne's World when the did a flashback...................)

I wanted to share another photopass picture we got, we don't particularly look awesome but I love the pose:

hitchhiking1.jpg

hitchhiking2.jpg

I'll be going to MNSSHP again this year and I really hope they have cool pp shots again!

Pretty much after this it was time to get a spot for Hallowishes. I thought about staying in Frontierland as I'd heard the view was good but in the end we decided to go to the Hub. I seem to have no pictures of Hallowishes.......but our spot was great and we were able to stay right there for the midnight Hocus Pocus show! Most of my show pictures suck too but I like this one because Dr. Facilier's in the shadows in the corner:

IMG_9057 (1).JPG

It had started raining around 11:55 so the show was delayed until about 12:20. We were close to dead on our feet and at one point when the rain picked up we considered leaving, but I'm glad we stayed! I seriously miss the old Villains stage show followed by the meet and greet but I love Hocus Pocus and this show is fun!

It wasn't hard at all getting back to our resort; we hightailed it out of there and got on the monorail no problem. I took this on the way out; it gets posted in pretty much any MNSSHP review but I look up at it every time I go by during party season:

IMG_9084 (3).JPG

I may be breaking DIS rules here by moving right on to another day instead of ending an update with the end of a day, but for the sake of getting this TR done this year, I'm doin' it!

Our last day was set up the way I prefer my last day of a Disney trip to be: later flight, park time. But first we had to pack and enjoyed a final breakfast in the club lounge, again something I have no pictures of. I do have a final picture of the view from the lounge:

view3.jpg

And now a few pictures of the pictures adorning the walls of the Roy Disney suite, which we were sadly about to leave for the last time. And when I say last time, I'm pretty sure I mean the LAST time, unless we win the lottery or one of the boys get rich and decides to spend it on us instead of using it to put us in an expensive nursing home:

polo1.jpg

polo2.jpg

polo3.jpg

If you don't know and haven't guessed, Roy liked to play polo.

polo4.jpg

I know that's a crappy picture but here's an up close of what it is, which is why I've included it:

polo5.jpg

And while that wasn't the end of our day, it was the end of our horse pile of pixie dust. And we were sad. We put our luggage out in the hallway and took one last, slow walk around the suite; made sure I'd taken every last toiletry and pair of GF slippers around, and shut the door.

:sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

I know you all feel absolutely HORRIBLE for me that we only got to stay there for 4 nights lol, and it's always hard to leave your resort knowing a Disney trip is over; but this was like 100x harder!

UP NEXT, OUR LAST DISNEY DAY (for Sept. Just keeping you guys in the right month!)

Also, are you still coming out to Disneyland this spring? I thought I remembered something about that?
Hey Lesley! Ugh, sadly we've cancelled our DL visit because neither of the boys wants to go and we don't feel like dealing with them :(:mad: I'll get out there again someday!

wish I could have seen the artist show. I met one of them at a talk he was giving on Disney art and he seemed pretty eccentric and prone to dance anyways!
We almost watched again this month but didn't happen to be in the area when it was happening. This artist's first name was Trevor but I forget his last name unfortunately, and he did seem to be having fun dancing!

I seriously can't believe the pixie dust you got on this trip! I'm sure it was hard to leave! But I think it's very smart the way you try to have a late flight on your last day and get some park time in. Softens the blow a little :)

(imagine wavy lines going up and down like on Wayne's World when the did a flashback...................)
::yes::

I love this sight so much... :cloud9: except for the last time I see it on a trip, then it's just depressing :sad2:

I'm pretty sure I mean the LAST time, unless we win the lottery or one of the boys get rich and decides to spend it on us instead of using it to put us in an expensive nursing home:
:scared1: :laughing:

And while that wasn't the end of our day, it was the end of our horse pile of pixie dust. And we were sad.
Last days are always the worst... but especially after so much pixie dust was piled on you! The close of that trip had to hurt extra badly! :headache:

made sure I'd taken every last toiletry and pair of GF slippers around, and shut the door.
:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!