Pittsburgh meet

crazy_for_the_dis

DIS Veteran
Very new to this forum. I never scrolled past DVC forums, and didn't know all these great forums ever existed!!! Has anyone ever tried to plan a DIS meet in the Pittsburgh area? Talking to another member, and she liked the idea as well, but we don't know how many people would be interested, but it seems there are alot of people from this area on these boards. Thanks!

I know there was a thread(started probably at the end of winter beginning of Spring) about a DIS Meet maybe at Kennywood. Haven't heard or read anything since.

I will help try to keep thread alive. We were just in WDW from 6/8-6/16. I think the whole city was with us. We saw so many Pittsburghers that week. Also our school's Market Day rep told me she was there with her family the same week. Right next door to us at CBR. They were in Aruba, we were in Jamaica.

What area of Pittsburgh? We are in the South Hills.

Wow, I'm the original OP, and after seeing no one responded right away to my post, I never checked back! I'm in Beaver county, and was pm'ing someone else in the North Hills who thought it was a great idea as well. There are all kinds of good places, Kennywood (never thought about that one), North Park, etc. How exactly do we go about planning something like a meet?

I don't know whatever happen to the last thread about a Pittsburgh meet. There were a lot of people posting a good date at Kennywood or Station Square was mentioned too.

I like the station square idea, maybe even JellyRolls (ties in with the whole disney theme), although this may not make it very family oriented. Well, if we all bond there, then we can plan a picnic type event with families next time. Again, how do we do this, does someone just pick a date and go from there??????

Another one in Beaver County!

Glad to see all the other Pittsburghers here!

We are leaving Tuesday for Florida and in WDW Aug. 8-11th.

We are in Disney the 6th -17th! The first 4 nights at Pop and then at the Yacht Club from Aug 10th-17th - Where are you staying??

We are staying 2 nights at Saratoga Springs and 2 nights off property with the inlaws at Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa.

I'm so excited. We are going to the Pirate Princess party on the 11th!

We are staying 2 nights at Saratoga Springs and 2 nights off property with the inlaws at Lake Buena Vista Resort and Spa.

I'm so excited. We are going to the Pirate Princess party on the 11th!

We will be at the P & P Party on the 11th too!!!!

I will help try to keep thread alive. We were just in WDW from 6/8-6/16. I think the whole city was with us. We saw so many Pittsburghers that week. Also our school's Market Day rep told me she was there with her family the same week. Right next door to us at CBR. They were in Aruba, we were in Jamaica.

What area of Pittsburgh? We are in the South Hills.

I just found this thread and I'm from the South Hills too!

I remember the other thread about a Kennywood or Station Square meet but I haven't seen it surface in quite a while.

Well I am interested in setting something up if everyone is up for it. I would rather it be a Kid friendly place and somewhere that is easy to get to for everyone. So pm me if you are in.
Marlene

Depending on when and where, I would be interested as well. I work full time 12 hr nights and have 2 kids in school so scheduling could get tricky for me. I'm in Beaver County too so Beaver Valley Mall or Robinson Mall work better for me although I'm pretty familiar with a lot of Pittsburgh - especially the malls and landmarks. Let me know if someone sets something up!

Just keeping this bumped for all of us Pittsburghers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter