Pirates Room- Caribbean Beach

BrerSparrow

Earning My Ears
Hello all,

I have a reservation in late 2017 for one of the Pirate Rooms in the Caribbean Beach Resort. I am a bit concerned, as I was never told that the beds were full instead of queen.

The day that the free dining plan came out, I booked my room online (which at this point had been a regular Caribbean beach resort room), and called to add on the free dining. When I called to add on the free dining, the cast member informed me that there was to be construction in the area which I was set to stay in, and that she would move my party to a pirate style room with no extra cost. Upon this I had asked if there was any major difference (location, amenities etc) in the pirate themed rooms to which I was told there was not.

Just about a week ago I found out that the beds are full instead of queen. I am traveling with my family of four, and we are not small people. I was very disappointed to find this out as the cast member who had changed my reservation never did mention this to me.
I spoke with Guest Services yesterday, but they informed me that have no open reservations at any moderate resort (presumably since I also have the free dining), and that I should "Bring and air mattress".

So here is where I stand. I already have all my dining reservations (some of which are hard to get; such as Be Our Guest), but if I am being told to "Bring an air mattress", is it really worth it? I'm debating on whether or not I should reschedule the trip because of this. Are the Pirate Rooms significantly worse than a standard room in the resort? Is it true that they are in a much more inconvenient area of the resort as well. As we all know, a busy day at the parks requires a good nights rest. I'm really unsure as of now. Any and all information about these rooms, or suggestions would be great.

TIA

You should post this on the Resorts board as this is for non-Disney hotels but ...

The CM "did not tell you the truth". Pirate rooms got their "theme" design because no one wanted to stay in them due to their distance from everything. They figured folks would fight to stay there with the theme but that honeymoon was over fast. I've stayed in the section pre-Pirates and post-Pirates and I don't like them at all. I ended up driving everywhere including other resorts to eat.

The beds are not only full they are a strange bunk style mattress because they are in platform style beds in boats. I am still shocked they didn't gut these rooms and make them like all the others when they renovated. And they are really a downgrade so I can't imagine how they charge more for them.

Also since you have FD, have you have read about the food court and restaurant being shut down. They are doing major construction next to the pool and the entire food area is closed. They brought in a big tent and serving buffet meals. There is grab & go set up in villages. I would read over at the CBR thread to see if this fits your plans.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...ions-thread-with-refurb-updates-6-19.3461094/

You should post this on the Resorts board as this is for non-Disney hotels but ...

The CM "did not tell you the truth". Pirate rooms got their "theme" design because no one wanted to stay in them due to their distance from everything. They figured folks would fight to stay there with the theme but that honeymoon was over fast. I've stayed in the section pre-Pirates and post-Pirates and I don't like them at all. I ended up driving everywhere including other resorts to eat.

The beds are not only full they are a strange bunk style mattress because they are in platform style beds in boats. I am still shocked they didn't gut these rooms and make them like all the others when they renovated. And they are really a downgrade so I can't imagine how they charge more for them.

Also since you have FD, have you have read about the food court and restaurant being shut down. They are doing major construction next to the pool and the entire food area is closed. They brought in a big tent and serving buffet meals. There is grab & go set up in villages. I would read over at the CBR thread to see if this fits your plans.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...ions-thread-with-refurb-updates-6-19.3461094/

I just realized i posted this in the wrong section haha... new timer here. I definitely will check that out though thank you!

I just realized i posted this in the wrong section haha... new timer here. I definitely will check that out though thank you!

No problem and :welcome:

It really will depend on the dollar value for your FD. I know due to the construction CBR rates have been all over the place and some will be getting gift certificates daily. So it depends on what your final cost comes down to. For us, we like eating at the parks and deluxe hotels so loss of good eats at hotel not a big deal. Did you pay to upgrade the dining to DDP since you say you booked ADRs? So if you are stuck with full beds, are there rooms at a value that would make the rack rate more palatable? Do the math.

And at this point, your ADRs are yours, hotel changes don't impact since offsite can get at 180. But losing FD could impact your decision.

No problem and :welcome:

It really will depend on the dollar value for your FD. I know due to the construction CBR rates have been all over the place and some will be getting gift certificates daily. So it depends on what your final cost comes down to. For us, we like eating at the parks and deluxe hotels so loss of good eats at hotel not a big deal. Did you pay to upgrade the dining to DDP since you say you booked ADRs? So if you are stuck with full beds, are there rooms at a value that would make the rack rate more palatable? Do the math.

And at this point, your ADRs are yours, hotel changes don't impact since offsite can get at 180. But losing FD could impact your decision.
We also eat at the actual parks most of the time. And yes we did pay for DDP. if I did lose the free dining but still traveled the same week, do you know if I would keep my ADRs?

We also eat at the actual parks most of the time. And yes we did pay for DDP. if I did lose the free dining but still traveled the same week, do you know if I would keep my ADRs?

You should. The only advantage to onsite guests is they get to book at 180 + 10 days with their reservation. But folks staying offsite book at 180 days. They are not tied directly to your reservation. But if you go to the Restaurants boards you will find lots of ADR info.

https://www.disboards.com/forums/disney-restaurants.14/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter