pirates and princesses birthday party

rubbergypsy

DIS Veteran
ok i am hoping that all you clever dis people will help me with my dilema. i am planning a birthday party for dd she will be 6- what fun to theme the party pirates and pricesses. i thought i would get some treasure boxes of some sort and hide all kind of baubles, gems, eyepatches, jewels, crowns, wands, etc and each child can find their own" booty", then they can dress up with things i plan to have here, like tulle skirts that i can make and some sort of apparel for the boys. so any suggestions on what i can do with this theme? any suggestions where i can find some of this stuff? thanks in advance

My daughter had a Tinkerbelle / Pirate party. I got pirate hats and plastic hooks from Oriental Trading. We had a treasure hunt with maps.

Have a fun party!

For one of my DD6 birthdays I bought those fake "gems" at Micheals and they had to dig through a box filled with them with rice. You could put all kinds of "booty" in it. I also took some of the gems that matched, in size and shape, and hot glued (front to back) them to a paper clip and strung the jewels for them. They loved them! princess:

My mom and I went all out last year for my sister's 2nd birthday and did a Princess/Prince party...FUN! Best tip I can give you: check out all of the Dollar Trees, Dollar Stores, Family Dollars, etc around you as often as you can. We ended up with great party favors and supplies: swords, princess wands, necklaces, princess figurines we used as cake topers...all sorts of great things! I made simple capes for the princes, I guess that would work for pirates too? Tiaras for the girls with that silver star garland...no...I dont think its called garland...the stuff you put around Christmas trees...sorry...cant think of the name right now...but yeah, the silver stuff with curled pink, purple, and white ribbon flowing down the back. I'll have to think of what else we did and get back to you. Ohhh...and the Princess Party DVD has a few neat party games you could use.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter