Pirate Excursion in Grand Cayman????'s

Twinprincesses

DIS Veteran
I looked this up on YouTube and it looks like fun. However from those that have been there do your children have to participate in having the water dumped on their head???? I think my kids would like the whole pirate ship thing but hate having water dumped on their head and would not like the whole swabbing the deck thing.

Also I noticed this is not a very long excursion, what did you do after you were done???

Do you have a link to the company or you tube of this? My kids would love this. They did this in FL (no water over the head) but they thought the swabbing the deck was funny.

I looked this up on YouTube and it looks like fun. However from those that have been there do your children have to participate in having the water dumped on their head???? I think my kids would like the whole pirate ship thing but hate having water dumped on their head and would not like the whole swabbing the deck thing.

Also I noticed this is not a very long excursion, what did you do after you were done???

Our family did this excursion on our Western Feb. 2007. The kids had fun "dragging" mom to be shackled and have water dumped on mom's head...I don't remember the children having water on their heads. It was a fun pirate ship and nice to ride in the beautiful blue water....The kids did swab the deck -only if they choose to. We did get to "walk the plank" and jump into the water to swim for a few minutes. There was a little bit of a current and my kids (ages 9 DS and 7 twin DD at the time) weren't too crazy about being in the water.
All I remember was how incredibly COLD the water they poured on my head...they had ice in the bucket!:scared1:
I went shopping after this excursion, and my husband took the kids back to the ship for fun on the Mickey slide (remember the ship is next to deserted when you are at the ports;) )

We did this in Nov 07 and my kids loved it. They didn't participate in the swabbing the deck, and did not have water dumped on their head.
They did go for a swim in the ocean.

Great video!
Here's another question... Is there any shade on the Valhalla? From the video it appears that everyone is out in the full sun. Even with a gallon of sunscreen I'm concerned that our fair skinned family might get a serious sunburn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter